Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Nine: First Day~

I had never felt so confident about going to my first day of school. I wasn't surprised when I learned Jason was the star captain of the baseball team and was third in state for cross country. He had everything he could ever want and that included me. Mel was the lead singer for almost all the chorus classes and had already been guaranteed a scholarship to Julliard. All my friends where at the top and so was my boyfriend. I felt ordinary compared to them. I didn't have the physique to be an athlete nor the voice to be a good singer. I was smart, straight A student, but that left me with the option of a geek. Even Mel's boyfriend was the star swimmer and had the best individual medley time in the state. Honestly I was glad I crashed into Mel and almost smothered myself in clothes to meet Jason.

"Relax," Jason said kissing my forehead as we pulled into school. Jason liked to take me anywhere so long as I was with him. Under normal circumstances I'd call it clingy, but I couldn't argue. I loved it. The Corolla was in the shop again and dad had finally gotten a well paying job so no car for me to drive.

"I'm fine," I said as an understatement. I was excited. Heads turned, but no one questioned me as the odd new girl. In fact, when I had to leave Jason for first period it seemed every girl wanted to be my friend and every guy was checking me out. It was a true saying: fresh meat. The school looked well populated, maybe seventeen hundred kids, and a well occupied staff. I paid little attention to the teacher when he announced his rules for the class. Luckily, I had Mel for second period, Jackie and Andrew for third, and Jason for fourth. We sat next to each other and talked. He asked me how my day was and how I was getting along with everyone. When fourth period ended we walked to lunch together. Again came the stares, but I payed little attention. Fifth period I was with nobody and six I had Mel and Andrew. It was finally seventh and in came Tristan. I groaned quietly.

"Alright," said my biology teacher, "I have assigned lab seats. The person you sit with will be your partner for the rest of the year." I can guess you already know what's next and it happened. I got put with Tristan in the back of the room. Today he wasn't in a good mood. I let him be, sitting as far from him as I could. When I glanced at him he was staring at me from the corner of his eyes. His eyes where a deep blue grey, as if a storm was forming in his eyes. He shot me a glare and then turned his attention elsewhere so long as it wasn't me. It was the longest period of the day. I watched the clock as it slowly moved toward the end of school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I thought it would take me a little longer to write this since I kind of had a moment of writers block, but now I'm on a role again!!! Thanks to all who are enjoying my story :D it means so much to me!!! Please:

Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!