Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Eight: Match Made in Heaven~

A few days had passed and I kept my secret of Tristan to myself and my dad. Dad had also picked up the Corolla three days later and said "Charlie's Mechanics" was a good place and had fair prices. He also said that Charlie and Tristan were good guys, eh, he didnt know Tristan like I did. School was right around the corner and as I read up on a few of the requirements I also spent time with Jason. We went surfing again and this time we practiced a little more on the waves. By the end of the day I was proud to say I could officially surf. It was also when Jason asked me out to the board walk later this evening. I had the perfect outfit. It was a bright blue sundress that had spaghetti straps and came mid thigh. It was smooth and soft and made me look, in Mel's words, irresistibly cute. I also took a chance and put on wedges with blue straps. Jason was a good five to six inches taller than me so it wouldn't be a problem.

"I told you I love that dress on you," Mel gushed as I twirled. She had come over two hours before to place with my hair. In the end we went with a side French braid. Apparently her hobby was cosmetology. I honestly thought it was boys. She talked with me about Andrew. She liked him and was worried about there first date two days from now.

"I mean, what if it doesn't go well," she worried. It was surprising to me how open she was and at times a bitch to those she hated.

"Don't worry. It'll be fine, the date will be fine, and you will be fine," I said emphasizing the last three words.

"You know, your like a sister to me. I'm mean it's weird cause I just met you and all, but I guess running into you was one of my best mistakes. I'd take another scraped leg any day to have a good friend like you," she said affectionately. I got all teary eyed and gave her a huge. I had hoped when Lacey was older we could do things together and talk about how we feel. As soon as I thought it I shut it out. I wasn't going to start bursting into tears. No way. One, it would ruin my make up that Mel worked really hard on, and two, there was no way that Mel could replace Lacey.

"Thank you. It means a lot and I feel the same about you too," I choked.

"Anyway," she said as we broke from our embrace, "don't ruin your make up."

"Yes mom," I said and then realized that I didn't really know what it was like to have a mom. Again came those tears, but I held back, something I was used to. We heard a honk outside and Mel squealed with delight.

"Go and have fun," she winked and pushed me downstairs and out the door. I walked along our wood path to the drive way and hopped in Jason's other car. It was a red Porsche Cayman R and I gawked. Figures. Nice house, nice cars.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Get your cute asses outta here and have fun," Mel yelled from the door while waving. I laughed and nodded. Jason sped out of the drive way and to the board walk. It wasn't a long ride and by time we got there it was a bit crowded. He parked next to a fancy restaurant that had some fancy Italian word as the name. Inside was decorated with red, gold, and white. The smell of food that was filling the room made my mouth water. He pulled me upstairs and I noticed it was decorated similar to the bottom, but was a bit more fancy and upper class. He lead me to the balcony where a two person table was set up. Around it were red rose petals and a beautiful decor of flowers around the balcony ledge.

"It's amazing," I whispered. Jason blushed and smiled.

"Anything for you," he smiled. We sat and ate. I ordered something simple and he ordered some fancy pasta dish that wasn't even on the menu, but the waiter didn't argue. We shared dessert. It was and organize cake or something, but it was really good. I offered to split the bil, but he paid regardless of me rambling on. We left and headed down the board walk for awhile then came to that same booth we had met for the second time.

"I figured it would be too awkward to do this in the outlet mall, so I decided to bring you to the second place I met," he said bringing me close his his arm. The other arm tipped my chin up gently so I was looking at him.

"Clary," he began, "I can't say how grateful I am that I met you. I knew the first time I saw you that you were someone special. You are beautiful, kind, and confident and you made me fall for you. Every time we aren't together I miss and think only of you. When you smile, I smile, when your happy, it makes me happy, and when your hurt, all I would want to do is sit there and hold you until you felt better. I'll always be there for you not matter what. Please be my girlfriend?" He asked. It sounded more of a proposal, but as love struck as I was from his confession for me, it sounded like pure poetry.

"Of course Jason," I smiled. He smiled brighter than I had ever seen. He picked me up and twirled me around and around till I was dizzy. When he set me down he held me close and slowly and invitingly he kissed me. It was sweet, tender, warm, something I never had with my ex, Drake. He was so gentle as if I'd brake any second, but he held me tight as if I could disappear at any moment. For that sweet gentle kiss, it was only us on the planet. We broke off and he held me around my waist. The whole way back to the car. We road in happiness, neither of us speaking, but very much happy. We pulled up to my house then and this time I kissed him. As I pulled away I murmured a good-bye and sweet dreams. His grip tightened a bit to hard, but he released me quickly and kissed my cheek.

"Sweet dreams Clary," he whispered. I guess it was a match made in Heaven, or so I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliff hanger!!! Such a sweet date dont ya think? Sorry if Clary's relationship with Mel seems rushed. Didn't mean for it to be like that, but too late to change much. I was happy I got two chapters in today so big bonus!

Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!