Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~One: The Little House On the Beach~

Around 10:15 p.m. we came to an ocean front beach house. It was small three bedroom, one master and two for whoever. There where ten steps up to the house that was tan with white shutters. Inside were boxes that had been unloaded by the movers. The kitchen was nice with it's sandy colored granite top. A single letter was on top the small island; the bill. For the night we settled on our sleeping bags and slept in the crowded living room.

In the morning we began sorting threw boxes. Dad and I moved the furniture into the living room located to the back. When you'd first walk in their be a small bathroom and closet on the right and a wide area for a dining table on the left. Behind the dining area was the dark wooded staricase and behind that was the living room. The back right of the house was the kitchen that over looked everything and was widely open. A single door across from the front led to the back deck and the beach beyond. Next wa the dining room furniture and then upstaires. At the top was a small hall that was either you go left or right. Left was the master bedroom. It was fairly huge, but nothing grand or spectacular. To the right was another long hall. To the left, over the living room was a bathroom and guest bedroom. To the right was my room and another bathroom.

Once the furniture was arranged we set out to organize the little belongs we had. The kitchen came first with all of the kitchen ware and the fridge, stove, oven, etc. Then was the dining china cabinet and the china to go along with it. By time it was evening our stomachs were growling and all that was left was picture... painful pictures of Lacey and mom.

"Hungry?" dad asked nervously putting a wedding photo back in the box. He looked sad and I saw the pulse in his hand for his pills.

"You bet," I smiled reassuringly. Five minutes later we were headed into town.

It was a good size town, smaller than my last town in Cali, but it felt more homier that way. It shops, restaurants, and small business buildings seemed to flourish with life and people. We headed to Olive Garden and shared a pasta dish. Nobody stared at us which was nice, but I bet they could sense we weren't from here.

"So I took the responsibility to enroll you in school this coming fall," my dad said, striking a normal conversation.

"Yeah, it's my last year," I said, "I'm officially a senior."

"Guess that means your old man is getting old," he laughed. He was happy and that's all I could ever ask.

"Guess your right," I laughed with him. Little did he know the guilt was eating at me. Would he be okay when I left for college...?
♠ ♠ ♠
Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!