Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Four: Stranger~

The boardwalk was farely huge. It had many souvenir shops that were decorated to attract tourists. The carnival was surprisingly big with all the mini rides and scam games decorating the sand and parts of the boardwalk itself. Mel did get us in for free as we snuck through the back. Her friend Vinny even got us wrist bands so we could ride however many rides we wanted for free all night.

"Let's go on that one!" Mel said. She was pointing to a very unsafe but fun ride labeled "Hamster Wheel". She took my arm and dragged me half way through the line, ignoring the glares of others , and right next to a small crowd of other teens. "Clary this is Jackie, Derek, and Andrew. Guys this is Clary," she introduced. They all said hi and then asked me a few questions. How long have you been here? Where'd you come from? So on and so forth. When it came to our turn we could only fit four inside one "wheel" so I volunteered to be the odd man out and sit with a random crowd. It was right behind them and Mel thanked me a millions times saying she'd make this up for me. The other wheel was empty except for one. He was tall and had to arch his back forward to not hit the small roofing. I climbed in and let the guy outside strap me in tight.

"Who are you?" he said a little coldly. I looked up and met a pair of grey blue eyes. He wore his hood up and only parts of his dark brown hair were sticking out.

"Um, I'm Clary," I stuttered, "I just moved here." I bit my lip nervously waiting as those grey blue eyes turned from cold heartedness to realization.

"Hope you like it here," he muttered huskily under his breath. The ride started and I could here Mel screaming and giggling her ass off. The ride seemed to last forever as I spun making my stranger appear on top and then switching so that I was. Round after round of jerky movements and spinning began to slowly fade as the ride stopped. I sat there just staring into my strangers eyes, wondering what he was thinking. A different guy came around unbuckling us and we both got out and just looked at each other. "Until next time," he smirked. I stood there just waiting. What did he mean?

"Clary! Earth to Clary," said Mel shaking my shoulder. She looked in the line of my direction and grimaced. "That's Tristan. He's an asshole and major player."

"Oh," was all I managed.

"He didn't try anything did he?" she asked worry written all over face.

"No," I simply answered.

"Good and I have the perfect way of making it up to you!" she said turning to her old self again. We exited the ride and walked to the games. The booth we arrived at was for throwing. Knock all six bottles down and win a big prize. Half or more, medium. Less than that was a wrist band. To the left of us was a game for dart throwing. To the right was drink and food stand.

"Hey what a surprise," said a familiar gorgeous looking face. His bright blue eyes twinkled and I smiled.

"Wow, this is a surprise," I said happily. Jason stood there in blue jeans and dark blue polo that made his eyes pop.

"I left my jacket at the putlet and came back for it. I saw you guys talking," said Mel. She gave me a wink and then went in line to get some lemonade or something.

"So do you like it here?" he asked. He seemed a bit nervous.

"Yeah. Back in Cali I didn't live so close to the beach like I do here. My dad said I should learn how to surf or something," I said making small talk.

"I could teach you," he offered nervously.

"Really? Thanks," I said a bit too excited. He wanted to spend time with me?

"Wanna play?" he asked me. He gestured towards the game booth and I laughed nervously.

"I suck at these," I said. He handed a five dollar bill to the guy managing the booth and he gave him a softball. He winded up like a profressional pitcher and then there weren't any bottles left standing. He pointed toward the giant stuffed panda bear and handed it too me. "For you," he smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled giving him a hug. He held onto me as I looked at the dart booth and saw Tristan throwing darts and hitting his target every time. The man offered him something and he declined. Instead he walked over and handed him something as he whispered in the man's ear. He locked eyes with me and then walked off.

"Come on let's go ride the ferris wheel," said Jason. He grabbed my hand and led me, but I was stopped by the man in the dart booth.

"This is for you miss," he said handing me a piece of paper. I stuffed it in my back pocket and told myself forget about that creepy guy. All night I had fun hanging out with Jason and Mel. When Mel dropped me off around midnight I walked in to find my dad asleep on the sofa. I pulled out a blanket and covered him with it. He mumbled a thanks and then fell back asleep. I ran upstairs to my bedroom and pulled out a blanket from my box. It was one of Lacey's favorite quilts and I let a tear fall. God did I miss her. I took a picture of us and put it on my nightstand and remembered how happy she was when we went to Hollywood. We took dozens of pictures there. It was after mom left and it was the first time we all had some real fun. I then undressed and out fell Tristan's letter. I picked it up and unwrapped it.

"You have know idea who your getting invovled with. Jason will hurt you. Stay away from him," I read under my breath. I crumpled it up and threw it in one of the many open boxes. Fuck him. How could I trust him, but deep in my subconscious, I wanted to trust him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!