Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Three: I Love Florida~

Mel showed me most of town and all that was left was downtown. The upper part of town was seperated by a small woods. Once across there you could notice the difference right away. For one, it had taller and bigger buildings for just about everything. There was an outlet mall which Mel had "an extreme addiction" to. It was the first place we went if you hadn't already guessed. It was a well kept place. Owners took care of their stores so they didn't look run down. The area was a bit to crowded for my liking, but eh, nothing I can do about that. Tourist seemed to come from all different places; you can tell by the gift shops.

"We can also go to the boardwalk?" Mel suggested as we sipped on our smoothie. She gotten the usual strawberry banana. I always got raspberry if they had it. Lacey always loved raspberries and so it made me feel close to her. "They got this new carnival set up there. A few of the guys from school work there. I could get us in for free," she also offered.

"Sure," I said happily writing down my address and phone number. Somehow this move was turning out to be the best idea since God knows when.

"Alright, let's get back. I'll pick us up in my car around nine. Oh, and where something nice," she winked at me. Did I mention that she's all into guys? Well, that's an understatement. "It's settled," she smiled standing up, "see you around nine!" She left after that. I looked around spotted some stores that I could stop in. I made my way through the racks of clothes and clearance piles in the back and found a few things to add to my half empty closet at home.

"Careful," said a deep voice behind me. The person came over quickly and grabbed a bunch of jeans from a top shelf before they fell on me. "You must be new around here," said a tall guy around my age. He was, wow, muscled, light brown hair, and bright blue eyes.

"Yeah I just moved here from California," I said when I could think again. In my mind I was thanking God over and over. The best thing came to me in one place: FLORIDA!!! Why the hell didn't I move here sooner.

"Names Jason," he smiled. Oh my. Breathe Clary. Breathe.

"Clary," I smiled back. This made him smile brighter and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered a million miles a minute.

"Well, Clary," he said, saying my name like it was the best word on Earth, "be careful next time." I sure as hell wouldn't if it meant running into him all the time, I thought. When I found something suitable for this evening I quickly ran home. I took a quick cold shower and took my time to apply some make up. By time I was ready it was nine and I could hear a car honking like crazy outside.

"Come on Clary!" yelled an impatient Mel. I quickly ran down, giving my dad quick kiss on the cheek, and got into the car. "Damn girl. You look hot," she gushed.

"I try," I laughed, "besides you look amazing."

"Let's go!" she smiled and sped out of my drive way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!