Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Six: Overconfident~

Jason drove a nice black Nissan 370z Nismo and, at my open mouth, replied that it was a gift from his parents. Somehow it all made sense as we pulled into a nice paved drive way with a green lawn. The house was huge with big windows. You could see through the house into a large living space straight ahead and a double staircase. To the left was a music room that had a white grand piano, guitars, and a violin. We walked through the house and he grabbed a water for us both. The kitchen was laces in gold and white. The granite looked spotless and the open glass cabinets should expensive china.

"Wow," I whispered. Jason chuckled and handed me the icy water bottle. "It's... it's amazing."

"Yeah my dad works with some big company. My moms a famous wedding dress designer," he said rubbing his back out of a nervous habit. "So ya ready?"

"Yep," I smiled as he lead me out back, past a luxiourious pool, hot tub, and sauna. Then down to the beach. He had two boards and had already waxed them down. He causally pulled off his shirt and glanced at my open mouth. God, Cupid must have struck me with an arrow to my heart. He wasn't bulky, no, he was more lean with a six pack. It didn't bulge out like those weight lifters and I was perfectly content knowing so. I figured a little payback wouldn't hurt so I "casually" slid my shirt and shorts off. Thank God for those Insanity work out gifts; not that I was fat, it's just I wasn't a sporty person.I watched as he exhaled sharply. His eyes grew a bit darker and I smirked. He helped me carry the smaller pink board to the water and told me to sit and straddle the board. I kept my balance and waited as he got on his board and showed me how to paddle out. We tried a few times and then let the waves carry us back to shore.

"You know? Your a real natural at this," he smiled brushing beside me as we sat on our boards. "You wanna try standing," I nodded my head. He smiled and showed me how to ease myself up. We again practiced in the shallow. At first I did as I was told, but the board became so wobbly that I slipped. I fell on my side, but noticed I didn't crash in the water. I looked up and saw Jason cradling me in his arms.

"Uh, sorry," I said a bit day dreamily.

"No problem. Just didn't want you to fall on the board and hurt yourself," he blushed. I tried again but this time I made sure the board didn't waver. I rocked myself with the waves and before you know it I'm standing. I smiled brightly, this had to be the best day of my life. Overconfident, I started paddling out into the ocean more. Jason followed and gave me a worried look, but I gave him a reassuring smile. We came to a fairly big wave and I let it pull up the board. I stood up and noticed Jason had already began riding it effortlessly. He smirked. Show off. Suddenly the wave crashed and behind it came another big crash, the board dipped awkwardly and I went flying off. I went under and the next wave rolled me in and then back out. I was stuck. I looked up and saw a murky, unclear hand, and I reached for it gripping it forcefully. I was pulled up and onto Jason's board in seconds. I gagged at the water stuck in my throat and coughed. He patted my back as he kicked us back into the shore. He set me on the sand and quickly put away the boards.

"You okay?" he asked rubbing my back. I gave a weak smile. "I shouldn't of let you out there so soon," he nagged at himself.

"No, it's my fault. I thought I could, but I should of waited," I said. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It late anyway," he said as the sun went down. It was beautiful here and nothing could have been more perfect. "Let's go back to the house." I let him pull me up and lead me back up to the house. I allowed me to shower since I had sand in the most uncomfortable places. I came out clothed and looked at the pictures in the hall. It showed a family of four. Jason's father who looked like Jason, Jason, and little girl that again looked like a girl version of Jason. The mother looked nothing like Jason and his family. She had jet black hair and loving green eyes. She was short, but looked elegant and flawless.

"That's my step-mother," Jason said behind me, "she practically raised me since I was eight and my little sister, Emmy, since she was three."

"Wow she's beautiful," I said.

"Yeah," he shrugged. The time was late when I left and he dropped at home around ten. I said my good-bye and noticed the resteaint in Jason's eyes as he said good-bye too. My Corolla was in the drive way and I decided I'd take a trip to Miami tomorrow. My dad was asleep on the couch again. I got out a blanket placed it on him. On his chest was a picture and I pulled it from him. I sat down and looked and noticed it was the picture from the beach. Mom, Lacey, and dad, and I were all in the picture smiling. It was one of my favorite memories. Lacey was so grossed out she got seaweed in her hair. Dad and I laughed as mom tried pulling strands of it out like a gorilla picking out bugs from its children. I let the tears fall freely as I repeated that day in my head. I placed the picture on the stand and ran upstairs. I sobbed and cried into my pillow that used to be mom's favorite. So much for the best day ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all my subscribers and commenters!!!

Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!