Status: active with comments

How Could You Tell Me That I Was Wrong?

The Meeting

The conference finished up soon after lunch and I was off to my room. Throwing myself onto my bed I settled in for a quick nap. Two hours later a knock sounded on my door. Grumbling, I rolled off my bed and opened my door. On the other side stood, Frankie with a large smile.

“Hey Frankie, what’s up?” I asked rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

“Some of us are going dancing, you game?”

“Always Frank,” I said with a large smile.

“Great, it’s about four o’ clock now, we’re leaving at seven. Meet us all in the lobby?” I nodded quickly and shut my door to go get ready. Soon it was seven o’ clock and I was on my way down to the lobby. The elevator door opened and revealed Daniel. Of course, just my luck to be stuck with this asshole. I walked in and stood as far away as I could, staying completely silent. I felt his breath down my neck, and I turned away looking defiantly up into his eyes. He roughly pushed me up against the wall and pressed his lips to my own. Sparks flew. This was what it was like to kiss your mate. With a whimper I wrapped my arms around his neck. He growled and pressed a button on the panel while I kissed his jaw, the elevator stopped completely. He pulled back slightly and looked into my eyes, clearly searching for something. I bit my lip, somehow knowing that this would drive him crazy. He smirked before kissing down my neck, I moaned once he got to my spot and he started to nip at it. Pushing him away was harder than expected. I knew what he was doing. He was marking me so no male weres would go near me. He was marking me as his territory even though he was the one that sent me away. He was the one who rejected me. He was the one who ripped my heart into a million pieces.

“NO!” I shouted and pushed him away.

“Why?”

“You’re the one who gave me up. You rejected me!” I shouted at him. His expression seemed to change and he took a step back. With a nod he pressed a button once more and the elevator started to move. As soon as the elevator doors dinged open, Daniel was out the doors and practically ran to the lobby to get away from me. I followed suit and walked to Jaxon’s side. He smiled down at me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder to hug me. I gladly accepted his hug. He pulled back suddenly and gave me a subtle sniff before giving me a strange look. I shook my head, signaling that I didn’t want to talk about it. He nodded and looked around the group of alpha’s.

“Alright guys, let’s head out yeah?” everyone whooped in excitement before we all headed out of the hotel. Entering the club I was pulled into the group of dancing bodies by two other female alphas. I laughed as we all danced. Frankie came up and teasingly danced with me for a couple songs. Frankie eventually left to go get some drinks. I felt an arm around my waist. I froze slightly when I caught Daniel’s scent.

“Sshh, just give me a song or two.” With a sigh I complied and started to move my hips with his. Soon we were moving in sync, I turned around to wrap my arms around his neck, still moving to the beat with him. Our eyes connected and I knew that we would be dancing to more than one or two songs. It was so overwhelming. His hands ran up and down my sides, his hips moved with mine, his eyes stayed trained on mine. I saw Frankie and Jaxon watching from the bar. I quickly turned my eyes away and took Daniel’s hand and pulled him farther into the mass of bodies. He twirled me suddenly and pulled me tightly against his chest. My breath caught in my throat when his lips brushed against mine. I looked up at him through my lashes. He smirked down at me and bent for a kiss. I turned away and continued to dance with him.

That night was one of the best nights of my life, as much as I didn't want to admit it. It was wonderful being able to kiss my mate. Unfortunately it made me crave more of his kisses. But I knew I wouldn’t be able to, I knew he would throw me away just as easily as he did the first time. Which was why I was packing up my belongings earlier than had been planned. My plane had been scheduled to fly out of LAX at 2:30 p.m. I had scheduled a plane that would be leaving at nine instead. I had called my Beta and he said he would wait out in the front. I walked out of my room and went to check out. Turning away from the counter my eyes met His. I gave him a nod before leaving the hotel. I started to put my bags into the trunk of my escort’s car. Daniel walked out of the hotel, he quickly located me. Taking long strides over to me, he didn’t say a word as he grabbed my face and placed his lips on mine. I kissed him back before he pulled away.

“I wanted to kiss you one last time until next year.” He said before backing away from me. He waited until I was in my car. I turned to look back at him, he gave a small wave before he was out of sight. I let one lone tear fall down my cheek. It wasn’t easy letting him go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas guys :)

XOXO
Madi