Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 2

The sun was rising before we knew it. We completely lost track of time. I looked over at the clock on Shannon’s dresser and it was nearing 6 am. This was the best night I had in a long time. When we pulled up at his house I seen Jared’s truck parked in the space next to us. I had no idea they lived together. Jana never mentioned Jared living with his brother. I just assumed he lived alone. I was kind of relieved though because that meant Jana was also here and knowing that put me at ease a little. I mean he had been a perfect gentleman tonight, but having my best friend there in the same house relaxed my mind completely. We entered the house through the side gate. We headed down the concrete stairs as we passed the pool to head into Shannon’s room when we heard a voice say “Hey Shan! I’ve been waiting on you forever to get home.” I looked around to see a guy sitting in a chair at the corner end of the pool. Shannon let go of my hand to walk over to get a better look at who was talking to him in the darkness. Suddenly he threw his arms around this mystery man shouting out, “Oh man it’s been forever. How long have you been here waiting!?” After they talked for a second and got over the surprise of seeing each other the man looked over at me and extended his hand. “I guess Shannon is going to be rude and not introduce us. Hi. I’m Antoine.” Shannon rolled his eyes and sarcastically introduced us. “Antoine, this is Paige. Paige, this is Antoine.” I went to shake his hand but he suddenly pulled me into a hug. “You must be a hugger.” I grunted out. He laughed and said “Shannon, I like her.” Shannon grabbed me from Antoine and put his arm around me to say “I think I do too.” As he winked and led us into his bedroom. It was ten times bigger than mine & Jana’s entire apartment. His room was so clean, everything was white and so cozy. Their awards were strewn all around the room. A few pictures were hanging on the wall of him and Jared when they were younger with their mother. She was such a beautiful lady. “Make yourself at home Paige, I’ll be right back, I’m going to go get us some drinks.” He was only gone for a few moments before him and Antoine returned with our drinks. Antoine had a CD in his hand. As he put it in he CD player, Shannon explained to me that Antoine was a DJ and he came over to let him listen to this club mix he had put together. They would be doing some shows together in the coming weeks and Antoine wanted to give Shannon a sample of the music. I really didn’t like clubs or club music but his mix was actually pretty good. We danced for hours. It was so much fun. Shannon kept stealing kisses throughout the night while we danced together. His lips were so soft and nice. Antoine decided he would leave to give me and Shannon some time to spend alone. “I’m going to leave so I can get a few hours rest before this charity event tomorrow evening.” We said our goodbyes and Shannon seen him out. As he walked back to me he offered me one of his t-shirts to sleep in. I went upstairs to go to the bathroom to change out of my dress but the light was on and the door was locked. So I retreated back down the hall to the dark living room to change. As I lifted the dress over my head I heard someone clear their throat. I looked over to see Jared sitting on the couch with a blanket thrown over his legs. I quickly threw the over sized shirt over my head. I was so embarrassed. I apologized and started walking back down the hall to Shannon’s room when Jared called out to me, “Hey it’s okay. I didn’t seen anything. I just had woken up and Jana was in the bathtub so I was just waiting on her to get out so we could go back to sleep.” My face had to be 5 shades of red. “I’m so sorry, I just didn’t want to change in Shannon’s room and she’s in the bathroom so….” He chuckled and said “It’s okay. I promise. Go get some sleep.” I smiled at him and ran back to the room downstairs. As I entered the room I saw Shannon pulling the blankets back for the night or morning basically. I was thankful I didn’t have to work today. “What took you so long? I thought I was going to have to come looking for you.” he said looking up at me with those dark eyes. As I came around the bed I told him that Jared was up and was waiting on Jana to get out of the bath. He cut me off with what I was telling him and grabbed me by my waist and led me outside to the corner edge of the deck. When I set my eyes on this other world down below this house I gasped. It was the most amazing view I had ever seen. As long as I had been in LA I haven’t been able to see a sunrise yet. The LA morning skyline was breathtaking. We stood there with his arm around me and as right as the sun was peaking over the city he leaned over and whispered to me, “Tonight was amazing Paige. I’d love to do it again sometime.” Then pressed his lips to mine as the morning sun warmed my face.

___

I opened my eyes to see Jared watching me. “Good morning”, I said as I looked up at him. He leaned down and kissed my forehead “Good morning babe. Did you sleep alright?” I nodded as I yawned. “I missed waking up to you in the mornings.” As he crawled on top of me. “I missed going to bed with you at the end of the night too.” he said with an evil grin on his face. “Oh really?” I replied as I kissed his tattooed collarbone. He got a few tattoos while he was out on the road, one on his collarbone and a triad on both of his forearms. A few minutes later we decided to pry ourselves from his bed and put some clothes on and headed to the kitchen. We heard Shannon & Paige in the kitchen making noise so we decided to join them to see what was going on. To my surprise Shannon was cooking breakfast. It smelled really good though. “I had no idea you could cook, I guess you learn something new everyday.” Shannon looked over and rolled his eyes. Paige was huddled over a newspaper with her mouth hanging open. I walked over beside her to see what she was looking at and there she was on the front of the entertainment section of the newspaper with Shannon coming out of the restaurant last night. Suddenly everyone was wanting to know who this mystery girl was with their beloved Leto brother. Shannon turned around from the stove and interrupted us saying “It’ll all blow over in a few days and someone else will do something outrageous and we‘ll be put on the back burner, which is the way I like it.” So Paige laid the paper down and Shannon brought her the breakfast he had fixed. Since Jared is vegan he made his own pancakes. ‘It seems that everyone now-a-days is vegan.” Paige said taking a drink of her coffee. Jared turned around facing Paige and pointed his spatula at me and said, “She’s not vegan and she loves them. What can I say I make some mean fucking pancakes!” I looked over at Paige and shook my head in agreement. I grabbed me a water from the fridge and walked over to see Jared’s progress. Shannon came and stood next to me and whispered “your girl is pretty amazing.” in my ear. I just smiled at him and mouthed “i know.” We all talked over breakfast about the random aspects of our lives. After cleaning up our mess the boys decided they would spend some time in the studio today since Tomo, their guitarist, would be in town. Paige and I thought it would be a great idea to take full advantage of the sun and the pool and to spend some much needed time with each other. I just knew she was dying to spill about her time with Shannon last night. We took Jared‘s truck a couple of streets over to our apartment to get our swimsuits and some lotion. We had been laying out by the pool a few hours when the boys decided to come join us. All of a sudden they came running out of Shannon’s room screaming like idiots and jumping in the pool splashing water everywhere. Paige and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. Jared jumped up and started running towards me yelling at me to get in the water. I got up and started to run into Shannon’s room but he caught me by the waist and we both fell back into the pool. I came up from the water screaming. “JARED!“ He just laughed at me splashing water on me. Next thing I know Shannon had Paige in the water also. We swam for awhile and we decided to get out of the pool and lay out for about another hour or so before the sun started to set. Jared came over and crashed on top of me without notice. I yelled at him to get off of me. Apparently I had gotten sun burnt. I put on Paige’s suntan lotion instead of my sun block. Jared quickly raised up off of me and said “Why would you do such a mindless thing like that?” shaking his head while inspecting me. “Go get a quick bath and I‘ll bring you some aloe for you to put on.” We were headed in the house when we seen Shannon coming out with some smoothies he made. “Ya’ll leaving the party?“ Shannon said while walking back over to where Paige was. “Yeah she decided to get herself burnt.“ Shannon looked over at Paige and they both busted out laughing. I turned around one more time to tell Paige that we’d talk later. We headed upstairs to the bathroom. Jared started my bath and left me and my sunburn to relax. I got dressed and headed to Jared’s bedroom to see him sitting on the bed waiting on me. I laid down on my stomach and I felt his hands move my shirt up to get better access. He smoothed the aloe over my shoulders and back. His touch almost put me to sleep. Then I heard him say, “Hey babe, I would like for us to talk some things over before I have to leave again.“ My eyes fluttered open and I said “like what?” “I want you to move in with me” he breathed out nervously, “I thought about it a lot while I was away and I really would like to know you‘ll be here when I come home.” I rolled over and propped myself up on my arms and said “I’d love to Jared but Paige just moved out here and I can’t just leave her alone in the apartment by herself and with all the bills we have too. I can‘t do that to her, not right now at least.” I knew he didn’t like the answer I just gave him. His jaw clenched and said “Well will you just talk with her about it. Maybe you guys can figure something out so I can have you here, where you belong, in my bed.” He laid down beside me and just looked into my eyes for what seemed an eternity and then he broke our gaze and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I leaned up and kissed him and said, “We‘ll figure something out soon enough okay. Let‘s not rush into anything.” He brought me closer to him and said with a raspy voice, “I just care about you so much. ya know? I‘ve been hurt in the past and it‘s been hard to let myself “feel“ again. Since I met you I‘ve fought trying to feel any kind of emotion for you, but I can‘t help it. I care about you a lot and I don‘t want to let you or that feeling I have go. I just don‘t want to get hurt again.” I placed a kiss on his lips and told him, “I will never hurt you Jared. Ever. And if I have to move in with you to prove to you that’s what I’ll do.” Before I knew it Jared’s lips were crashing into mine.