Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 41

Jared didn’t seem to notice that our friends had joined us in Shan’s bedroom. It wasn’t until after someone had cleared their throat for about the 5th time before he pulled away from my lips. We both turned to see the wedding party all staring at us with smirks on their faces.

“Okay, let’s get this party started!” Shannon said as he took off his tuxedo jacket and loosed his tie. Everyone was taking off their shoes and making themselves more comfortable. Before I knew it, Emma had my dress bustled and was holding out another pair of shoes, ballerina flats. She was truly an angel, cause my feet were killing me.

Jared followed Shannon’s lead, he had taken off his jacket and tie as well. Everyone was making their way back out to the patio, but Jared and I stayed behind for a few minutes.

“You’ve made me the happiest man in the world today Jana.” he said as he pulled me into his chest. His words warmed my heart, I was so thankful he belonged to me. “I want you to take it easy okay? Mom has told me that you’ve lost it a couple of times earlier.” Now I knew where Constance kept disappearing to.

“No one would tell me where you were.” I said as we stood in each others arms. As he rubbed his fingers across my cheek, I caught a glimpse of the ring on his finger. Pulling away from him, I took his hand and looked at it. The ceremony seemed so fast, everything was a blur almost. It was odd seeing the shiny silver band on his finger, but I’m glad it was and that I was the one who put it on there.

“I love you, you know that.” I said looking up into his ice blue eyes. He smiled down at me and claimed my lips once again.

The doors flew open to show the entire patio had been transformed. Tables now sat where the guests chairs were and the canopy had disappeared.

“Did you put your crew to work on your wedding day?” I asked my husband. He laughed to himself and that was all the answer I needed. I shook my head in disbelief.

“Remind me to apologize to each of them, poor guys, can’t catch a break.” I said to him as we both stepped out of the room hand in hand.

“Mr. and Mrs. Jared Leto!” Shannon said over a microphone while raising his wine glass high in the air. I loved hearing those words. Pulling my chair out for me, I sat down and he took his place beside me at the far end of the patio.

Looking around I seen everyone, my parents, my friends, Jared’s friends and some of his extended family. If I was going to have a shotgun wedding, this is how I’d wanted it to be, I thought to myself.

Tapping his glass, Shannon demanded our attention. Jared placed his hand on my leg and never moved it. I kept stealing glances of the ring on his finger, it suited him, being a married man, I thought.

“Hey everybody! Well, I’ve thought a lot about this whole best man speech since I found out my brother was taking himself off of the market so here it goes, I hope I don’t disappoint. Jared and Jana, where do I start with the both of you?? I have been there from the start of this relationship. I was there the night Jared came home and could not stop talking about the event planner at Brent’s Charity Event. I asked him was she everything he’d ever dreamed of? Sarcastically, I might add, because we all know Jared has been around the block once or twice. Sorry Jana.”

Everybody laughed at Shannon’s words, even I did, what he said was true, everyone knew that. I looked over at Jared and asked, “Nonstop huh?” Brushing me off, he mouthed, “Hush.” I laid my hand over his on my leg and continued listening to Shannon speak.

“When I asked him that, he simply answered me, saying, She’s more than I ever dreamed of, she’s an angel. When he said that I knew he had it bad, but I never expected it to last. He proved me wrong though, and I’m glad he did, because Jana is the best thing that has ever happened to our family. I’m glad you two found one another, because you brought some life back into my world also.” he said as he turned and looked at Paige. “We gained another person in our family today and soon we’ll have another addition, and I can’t wait to meet her. Well Congrats you guys, and I hope you both have a lifetime of happiness. I’ll be along for the entire ride, since I live downstairs it’ll be hard not to be.” he said raising his glass one last time before walking over to us and kissing us both on the cheek.

As we looked back to the table I noticed Paige with the mic now in her hand. My stomach turned at what she might say, she had so many stories about me, I could only hope for the best.

“Jana…. Jared…. you two are perfect for one another. I remember when Jana called me to tell me she had met this guy at an event she was working and she couldn’t believe how gorgeous he was and he was interested in her.” I dropped my head after hearing her words. I heard Jared laughing to himself.

“She kept insisting she was being Punk’d, but I reassured her that he was probably sincere about how he felt. I didn’t know Jared, never heard of him, never seen him. It wasn’t until I moved here, that I finally met and seen this “Jared” I heard about for months, and right away I sensed the chemistry these two shared. It’s special.”

I felt the tears building as I listened to Paige speak. I was so lucky to have her as a best friend.

“Jana, remember when we used to get up every Saturday morning and ride our bikes to the mall?” she said over her mic.

“Yeah so you could buy some stupid makeup your mom wouldn’t even let you wear.” I replied back to her.

“Yeah, and you could buy some stupid CD’s. We’d spend half of the day in my bedroom just listening to music and putting on awful eye shadow and that was just the Saturdays. We used to do a lot of really great stuff until guys got in the way.”

I couldn’t believe she remembered that, I thought to myself. I felt the tears leave my eyes and stream down my face. Jared handed me a tissue as she continued with her toast.

“If I have to share my best friend with anyone, I’m glad it’s with you Jared. Seeing you two gives me faith in love. As someone said before, both of you have brought life back into my world and I’ll always be thankful to you for that. To Jared and Jana! I wish you all the best!” she said as she wiped her watery eyes.

After we had eaten a bite or two, I turned to Jared and asked him to dance. Looking at me with concern on his face, he hesitated.

“Dance with my you fool or I’ll go get Brent.” I said threatening him. He jumped up and brought me to the small dance floor.

“Tell me if you need to sit down okay?” he said holding me tightly as we swayed to the music. After the song ended both of our parents broke us apart to have their time with us. Jared never took his eyes off of me while I danced with my dad and him with his mom.

The party lasted for a couple of hours until Jared and I excused ourselves. We invited everyone to stay for as long as they’d like, but we needed some “us” time.

We were almost to the doorway of our bedroom when Jared stopped me, and quickly picked me up and carried me over. I looked at him surprisingly as he walked over to sit me down on the bed.

He left the room for a brief second and returned with some sweats on and my Mrs. Leto robe Paige had gotten me.

Helping me out of my wedding dress, he threw the robe over me and we both laid down on the bed, cuddling up to one another. Jared must’ve been exhausted because he fell asleep immediately.

I started feeling some sharp pains, but it was nothing compared to what I had experienced in the past. So I laid there beside my husband as I watched him sleep.

When suddenly it felt as if every pain I had experienced in the past combined into one, I shot up in our bed and let out a blood curdling scream, waking Jared up in the process. I needed to get to the hospital and I needed to get there fast.