Status: ALIVE! :D

Broken.

B r o k e n.

Amelia

I sat outside kicking the water in my brother's pool silently. I should be happy, at least that's how I think I should be, but for some reason I don't. I can't think bad about Luke, I could only think about how sweet he used to be to me.
But I had no choice, I had to forget Luke, he was in California fuming, and I was here, with people who love and care for me.

"What has he done to you...?" Kennedy whispered.

I turned to look at him and gasped.

His brown eyes were rimmed red from crying, and his nose was just as red. Bruises formed along his jaw where Luke hit him, he looked terrible.
And here I am sitting thinking about the bastard who did this to him.

I took my feet out of the pool and ran into my brother's arms.

"Don't cry, Kenny. I've never seen you cry and I don't want to now." I mumbled into his chest.

He rubbed my back and sobs started to rack through his body.

"I'm s-so s-s-sorry, Amy. I let...you stay there...with that...Asshole! All these years...I should've came to get you, it's all my fault." He sobbed into my hair.

I bit my trembling lip to keep from crying.

"No, it's not, Kenny. I had the free will to leave and I didn't go. I thought that Luke was going to change back, I thought he was going to fall back in love with me and he didn't." I said calmly, shaking my head.

I held my brother at arms length.

"He didn't love me anymore, Kennedy, and that is just the horrible truth." This time it was more for myself.

'Luke, never loved me.'

Suddenly I didn't feel so fragile any more, I knew the truth and I accepted it. It felt good.

"Um I'm going to get your stuff from your old apartment, Amy." Byron said awkwardly, from the door way.

"Okay."

He walked away and I let out my supressed laughter. Kennedy shook his head at me, but laughed anyway.

"Well don't we look a mess." I giggled.

"I missed your laugh." He whispered.

I smiled.

"I did too. Lets go out somewhere and celebrate! Call the band." I grinned.

"Okay, Bossy, but I suggest you call John. He's probably worst than me."

I frowned, but nodded. I had forgotten about John, thinking about how he tried to avoid a fight with Luke and put himself in danger made my frown deepen.

Two Years Ago...

"John, why do you always start with him?! just leve him alone!" I yelled angrily.

"Is that what you really want?" John asked, wiping the blood from his lip.

"Yes, John." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"And if he starts with me?" He asked, brows risen.

"Don't fight back."


'I can't believe I asked him that... I can't believe he actually listened... I was just angry and I was spouting nonsense, but I knew John had the tendency to listen to whatever I said. I have to make this up to him...'

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed the familiar number.

"Hey, Amy."

"Hi, Johnny! Kennedy and I are going out to dinner with the rest of the guys, can you come?" I asked, smiling as if he could see me.

"Of course I can. I'll get up and get dressed now."

"We'll be there in an hour, Johnny."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

I pressed end and slid the phone into my pocket then I bent down to roll my jeans down.

"Did John sound okay?" Kennedy asked, with a worried expression.

"Yeah! I told him we'd pick him up in an hour." I smiled brightly.

I felt happy, happier then I've been since I've been with Luke. For once in my life I didn't feel broken.

I was healing and it was so much easier than I'd imagined.
♠ ♠ ♠
Amelia

So this chapter was really short! Sorry! I plan to make the next chapter super long because a lot is going to happen in it. :) So be prepared!

Love,

Gabriella :)