Ripped Jeans & T-shirts

Starting to Like the Town

When I get back upstairs I go in the bathroom to make myself a little more presentable. I changed into some jean shorts and some random t-shirt that I picked out of my suit case. Then I pulled my hair back into a high ponytail. Then I walked out of my room only to bump into Neil. “Good morning.” He said still in his pajamas and coffee in his right hand.

“Yeah right, more like torture being up so early.” I said as I rolled my eyes and walked past him. I walked out the front door realizing that I had no clue where I was going. So I walked back inside, went to the living room and threw myself on the couch. I turned on the TV and searched for something good on. Since I found nothing I turned it off and just sat on the couch staring at the ceiling for awhile.

Neil finally came down the stairs and I popped up to see what he was doing. He grabbed his car keys and walked out the front door. I quickly ran to catch up with him and then got into the passenger seat. He shook his head, but knew that I was going to move so he got in the car without an argument. No one ever argues with me because they are definitely going to lose.

I didn’t bother asking where we were going because I wanted it to be a surprise. So it was a quiet car ride, but it was a short one too. We ended up at the mall. Most girls would be excited about going to the mall to shop, but I only go to the mall for the food court. Shopping is not my thing and plus there are never any cute clothes when I actually have money with me.

My brother eventually ditched me. Okay I ditched him, but only because he went in to GameStop and I am not a big fan of video games. I also suck at most video games, especially the racing ones. I usually end up driving backwards or I crash into things that make my car blow up. I am not very good when it comes to controls and stuff.

Well now I look like a freaky loner in a mall. I didn’t really know what to do or where any stores are, so I went to the food court. I got a pretzel from Pretzel Maker and then sat at a table outside. No one was there yet since it was extremely early, so it was nice and peaceful outside. Of course when everything is nice and I am enjoying myself some dickhead has to come and ruin it. These skateboarders decided to come outside and skate around where I was eating. I am not a big fan of skateboarders. “Hey can you guys do this some place where I am not.” I yelled and they all stopped to look at me.

“Why would we do that?” Some blonde skater dude said.

“Umm… because I asked nicely.” I made it sound more like a question than a statement.

“But you didn’t.” The same guy spoke. I had a feeling he was like the leader of the pack.

“Oh sorry, can you skater boys do this some place where I am not, please?” I gave them one of my fake smiles and battered my eyelashes.

“Do you have something against skaters?” He walked a little closer to me like he was about to start a fight.

“Yeah they think their cool and trust me they aren’t because I have never seen one land a trick. Maybe if you guys were actually good you wouldn’t be so annoying.” They were all closing in on me and it scared me a little, but they wouldn’t hit a girl right? I still quickly went back inside and while I was still watching them I bumped into my brother.

“Everything okay?” He looked out where the skaters were.

“I don’t think they like me so much.” My brother laughed because he knows how much I hate skaters.

When we got back home the house was empty except for Joseph and Nora of course. I decided to go for a swim in our extremely large pool. I have been swimming for an hour until I noticed Mackenzie starring at me from her side of the fence. I wondered how long she was standing there and why was she watching me? I got out of the pool and wrapped a towel around myself. “Can I help you with something?” I said as I was walking towards her.

“I just want to let you know that you made a big mistake when you decided to not be my friend.” She said in a cocky tone. I knew that Mackenzie would be a challenge. She’s one of those girls who will pretend that she is okay with you hating her, but deep down she really wants to be your friend. She’s afraid that I will be more liked then herself and will do anything to be on my side.

“But it will be fun. It will be like a war. You’re the leader of the rich army and I am the leader of the other army.” I’ve always wanted to have a true enemy like in the movies, but I never really dislike someone as much as I disliked Mackenzie. I know I just met her, but something about her makes think she is a bitch.

“You are the weirdest person I have ever met.” She rolled her eyes and strutted her way back to her house.

Once Nora was done with her shift we met up with her posies done at the beach. They were at the volleyball courts playing a game of volleyball of course. There were definitely more people then who I met the other day and one of them happened to be blonde skater dude. I am not a big fan of sports, not because I am bad at them, but because I get a little over competitive. I got kick off of three sports team. Volleyball is definitely the one sport I just can’t do. Whenever the ball hits my arms it goes flying in some random direction and it hurts too. And then there is the diving and serving the ball over the net. It’s all just too complicated for me.

So like Nora and a few other girls I decided to sit and watch. I mean watching a bunch of shirtless guys play volleyball is like a dream come true. Except there was really only two cute guys, but still most of them had decent bodies.

When it got dark we sat in the sand around a bonfire. I admit it was a little awkward because I still didn’t really know any of the people there, but I was mostly focused on trying to avoid eye contact with skater boy and I think he was doing the same thing. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Luke with a couple of friends walking towards us. Then I heard some of the guys that I was hanging with yell at them to back off and other mean stuff. I felt bad for this morning and the things that were being said to Luke.

I got up and ran up to Luke and his friends. They stopped to look at me and gave me some obnoxious look. Then I turned around and the only person who was wondering what I was doing was Nora, but once we made eye contact she looked away. “Can we help you?” This guy with really nice hair asked.

“Um… yeah can I talk to Luke alone?” I was kind of being a little flirtatious because things go my way more often when I am. They nodded and walked in some other direction. Luke and I continued to walk on the beach. “I see you got rid of the suit.” I tried to start up a conversation, but it was just so awkward.

“Yeah well in the summer I don’t really wear suits that much and some girl told me I was dressing to mature for my age.” He smiled and he has a very nice smile especially with those beautiful dimples. I love dimples so much.

“I just really wanted to apologize for making you so uncomfortable this morning.” I looked up at him and looked into his eyes. I couldn’t really tell the color of them in the dark, but it seemed like they were a deep green.

“It’s okay.” Was all he said and I had no idea how to respond to that, so now I had to think of a whole new topic to start talking about.

“So where do you live?” Now I felt like I wanted to stalk him or something.

“I actually live right next door to you.” My eyes widen a little bit. I was hoping that he meant on the other side of us where Mackenzie did not live. “I am Mackenzie’s twin brother.” He said it like he was ashamed of it.

“Wow, I liked you up until that moment.” He just laughed which meant he knew I didn’t mean it even though that is a bit of a turn off for him.

“I know, but you can’t choose your family right?” Right then and there I decided that he wasn’t one of those rich snobby kids. He was a normal nice guy who probably doesn’t think he is better than the rest of us.

After walking for a little longer we decided to turn back around. When I got back only Nora and Mitch were still at the burned out bonfire. I don’t know if they had some secret relationship or if they were waiting for me. Luke and I went our separate ways. “So what was that about?” Nora asked excitedly.

“I was apologizing for my behavior this morning.” I smiled and Nora laughed.

“I’ve known you for about a day and you don’t seem like the type who apologizes.” Wow she knew me so well already. I knew I liked her.

“Well I actually was and it doesn’t hurt that he is a good looking man.” I shrugged my shoulders. Mitch and Nora laughed and I joined in.

“You know who Luke is right?” Mitch asked like he was some alien.

“Don’t tell me that he is some alien or like a spy.” I said sarcastically and Mitch pushed me. I guess he took that as a yes because we left after I said that.

I was starting to like it here. The people were nice outside of the cold-de-sac. The only real problem now was my dad and Mackenzie, but they shouldn’t be much of a bother if I keep my distance. I was a bit nervous about how things were going to turn out, but I think I can adjust here just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's kind of a boring chapter
Trust me it gets better
Comment please :)