Status: In progress

YC Days

Wisdom

It was just another regular day in Ivan's household. One of his sons, Logan, was sitting quietly in the kitchen while writing in a composition notebook. "Hey son," Ivan said as he walked over to his son, "How's the poetry going?" "Great dad!" Logan said, looking up at his father, "I just finished." "Oh good! Lay it on me!" Ivan said with enthusiasm as he sat down on the first available chair he saw. Logan stood up and looked at his dad, "I call this one 'Wisdom'." "Wisdom" his dad repeated.

"Open the door. Close the door. I am so confuuused." Logan stated in exaggerated tone of voice as he moved his left hand around while holding his notebook in his right, "Lost in the friction of life-- NO!" His father's eyes widened.

"I have never read a DIC-TION-ARY in my life~!" Logan said, staring his father in his golden eyes, "Quite SCARE-RY! MARY MARY! Quite CON-TRA-RY, isn't it?"

His father looked at him with a straitlaced poker face.

"But my head is big with wisdom!"

Logan moved over to the side and stated, "Wisdom!" He then kneeled down to floor and stated, "Wisdom!" He then stood back up with his hand above his head, palm facing him, he stated once again, but with a sing-song voice, which was horrible by the way, "Wis-DOOOOOOO-UM!! Wiiiiiiiisdom. Whicky, whicky, whicky, whicky, whicky, whicky, whicky, whicky, wisdom." He then closed his notebook, signalling to his father that he was done.

"Wow!" Ivan stated simply. "So, what do you think?" Logan asked with a smile on his face. "You put the 'dumb' in 'wisdom'." Ivan said to his son, getting out of his seat. "Really?!" Logan asked, looking up at his father. His face practically lit up with joy hearing his father say that, obviously taking it as a compliment. "Thanks dad!" He said, sitting down at the kitchen table to write more poems in his notebook. "I'm going to go check on your mother!" Ivan said, walking to the door that led out to the garage.

"Okay."

"You just keep writing."

"I will!"

Before Ivan walked out of the door, he looked back at his son. "And you came up with the "Whicky whickies" all by yourself?" He asked his son. Logan looked back at his dad and nodded, "Tha-that was me!"

"Genius!" Ivan said, walking out the door.

"Thank you!" Logan said.
♠ ♠ ♠
.... I need to stop watching t.v

-- Uncertain Sense