Both Sides of the Story

Teeth Chattering Interviews and Payback.

We were in Northern Spain before our show in Barcelona and there was a little chill hanging in the air. Actually, it wasn’t so little. It was fucking freezing. At least, that’s what Reese and I thought.

The morning after we arrived in Spain, we were all preparing for an interview and small performance on a morning talk show. Reese was acting a little odd and I couldn’t help but notice that she was skirting around Louis. I wanted to ask if something had happened while she was out with him in Paris, but I felt like she was trying to avoid the subject. I decided to leave it there.

“Fuck it,” I groaned as I poked myself in the eye for the third time. My contacts just didn’t want to go in today. “I’ll wear the glasses.”

“Whoa,” Reese laughed. I was sure that statement would end up on Twitter.

And it did.

‘@ReeseRules- @BexIsBetter is actually wearing her glasses without me telling her to. But she’s not happy.’

She had attached a picture of my grumpy face as I put my glasses on.

“Are you done making fun of me?” I asked. “We need to get going.”

“Yeah, yeah,” she nodded. “We’ve got New Year’s Ever in two days, you know.”

“Yeah,” I said. “So?”

“So we have a show that afternoon and then Graham said we all are making an appearance at that party in Barcelona,” Reese reminded me.

“Oooh, that’s right,” I smiled. “That means we get to dress up.”

“We do. What should we wear?”

I thought about it for a moment. “Let’s focus on getting the boys back and then we’ll talk about that.”

“I had an idea about that,” Reese said as we got onto the elevator. “What if we hid their suitcases before we leave for Barcelona?”

“Oh, I like that,” I nodded. “But what if we made it even harder on them?”

“How?” she asked. I arched my eyebrow. “Oooh. I gotcha.”

And they say twin-telepathy doesn’t exist. Pshaw.

*****

“So who is ready to hear two amazing bands perform live?” a female host with a thick Spanish accent asked.

I shivered as I heard the crowd cheer. Liam rubbed my upper arms from his place behind me.

“Whose fucking idea was it to host a morning talk show-outside- in December?” I muttered.

“Someone’s crabby,” he said. “I’m assuming it has something to do with the picture your sister posted?”

“Not the picture,” I shrugged “Just having to wear my glasses and being in the cold.”

“Sorry, love,” he said putting an arm around me. “Take a picture to commemorate your first talk show performance.”

I mumbled as I took my iPhone out of my and held it up.

“Smile,” Liam laughed.

The sweet sound of him was enough to spread my lips into a grin. I tweeted it.

‘@BexIsBetter- Literally chilling with @Real_Liam_Payne. We’re freezing. This show better get moving REAL fast.’

“Let’s go, guys,” Jackson insisted. We had been called.

“Break a leg,” Liam said squeezing me into his side.

“Thanks,” my teeth chattered.

*****

“Those were two great performances!” the chipper female host smiled. “Weren’t they?”

The crowd surrounding us cheered and I think the two bands standing on the stage- myself included- were about ready to die of frost bite.

“Now,” she began. “What have you all been up to on tour?”

“We’ve only been had concerts in London, Paris, and Bayonne so far,” Harry said. “But we’ve all been hanging out and having a lot of fun.”

“Rebecca and Carese,” the host smiled.

“Bex and Reese,” the boys of One Direction and Folie e Deux all corrected her together.

“Bex and Reese,” she said. “I have heard that you two can cause quite the havoc. Any hijinks on this tour so far?”

Reese and I smiled at each other.

“Just a bit,” Reese smiled.

“But the boys are in for it,” I said smirking at them. “Payback is inevitable.”

“Sounds serious. Now Reese and Bex, pictures of you and two certain British boys have been popping up all over the place. What’s that about?”

I groaned inwardly. Reese and I really didn’t want to talk about that.

“Louis’ a ton of fun to be around,” Reese smiled. “I’m glad I have him as a friend.”

Ooh, friend. That had to hurt his ego.

“Liam and I get along really well. He’s one great guy,” I nudged the boy in question with my elbow.

“Reese is funny, smart, and quite good looking,” Louis said. “She’s a riot.”

“Bex is her sister essentially,” Liam said. “But much more foul mouthed and sassy. I’ve taken to calling her Louis’ sass twin. And much more competitive.”

“You’ve obviously never played video games with Reese,” Harry grumbled.

*****

“Come on,” I muttered. “We’ve got to be quick!”

“Why couldn’t we do this in the morning?” Reese yawned.

“Because we leave at 6 a.m.!” I reminded her. “Let’s get their suitcases and hide them.”

She mumbled about my bossiness, but nodded. We dashed in and out of the boys’ rooms, gathering up their things.

“Where to?” Reese asked.

“I was thinking we’d hide them all over,” I shrugged. “Pick a floor to start.”

She pushed a random button on the elevator and we rode down to the lobby. I stuffed Niall’s suitcase behind a giant planter and I saw Reese stuffing Zayn’s under a couch.

“I say we float Harry’s in the pond out back,” I smirked.

“If it’s not frozen,” she agreed.

We let Harry’s suitcase float in the clear waters of the small circle before going to hide Liam’s and Louis’.

“Put Liam’s over there,” she pointed to the door to the hotel’s spa. “I’m putting Louis’ in the kitchen.”

“Meet you back up at the room in ten?” I asked.

“Sure thing. I’l grab us some food,” she nodded and we went our separate ways.

I couldn’t wait to hear their reactions in the morning.

“You girls are gonna get it!” Harry screeched early the next morning.

Yeah, we probably would.
♠ ♠ ♠
We'd really like some more comments! Tell us what your opinions are on this chapter and/or the story as a whole! Let us know what's on your minds, lovelies!

Outfits