Both Sides of the Story

First Rehearsals.

“I just think you and Liam would make adorable, British-American babies together,” Reese said for the millionth time. It was getting on my last nerve.

“For the last fucking time,” I huffed turning on my sister. “Just drop it.”

“Someone’s touchy,” she smirked.

“Can we just get on with rehearsal?” I asked stepping up to the piano in our studio.

“We have to decide on a set list,” Jackson reminded us.

“Unless,” Alec smirked. “Reese has already done that.”

“Haha,” Reese scowled. “I actually went to sleep early last night.” My twin was famous for late nights spent getting ready for the next day.

“Okay, then,” I said butting in before things could get heated. “I was thinking we’d open with Bonds. Then go on to Stuck On You, Get Away, and then All Over Again. I figured then we could do a cover of Potential Breakup Song and Basket Case. Maybe we could end with Pins and Needles?”

“A song by Aly & AJ and one by Green Day?” Graham asked. “Are you sure?”

“Who cares if she’s sure,” Reese smiled at me. “She took initiative!”

“You act like I’m a lazy ass,” I scowled. “I’m smart. And who’s the one that goes running every day? Oh yeah, that’s right. Me!”

“She didn’t mean it that way,” Lee said.

“You run?” a voice asked behind me.

I whipped around to come face to face with Liam and the rest of One Direction.

“Um,” I blushed. I was blushing? I don’t blush. “I guess.”

“She’s amazing!” Reese gushed. “She had some of the fastest times in the state back in high school.”

Before the conversation could go any farther, I sat down at the piano and began to play the first few notes to Bonds.

“Ready?” I asked my sister with wide eyes.

She gave me a look, but nodded all the same. “Sure. Let’s show these boys how we do it in America.”

And we sure as hell did.

****

“I don’t like the ending to Stuck On You,” Reese said setting her guitar down at the end of rehearsal.

“We’ve rewrote it almost four times,” I sighed. “I don’t think it can get any better.”

“I’m still not crazy about it,” she shrugged.

“We’ll work on it,” Graham suggested as he walked into the room. “One Direction wants to talk to you.”

“What do they want?” Lee scowled.

“To take you all out tonight,” he said. “Show you the nightlife of London.”

“And you’re going to let us go?” Alex asked. “That’s… unlike you.”

“I figured you all deserved break. Reese, you’ll be in charge,” he said.

“What!?” I stood up. “She can be just as mischievous as me.”

“But she knows when to stop. You don’t,” Graham said pointing at the two of us.

I huffed. “Fine. But we’re legal to drink here. And I thoroughly intend to make good on that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Not crazy about this one. But I think it did what it needed to do, haha. dj tommo's working on the next update now! A big thank you to our commenters, recommenders, and subscribers! Let us know what's on your minds, lovelies!