Little Darling

Chapter 1:

I take a deep breath as I face the mirror, staring at my reflection. My brown wavy hair reaches my chest and flicks out a little at the corner. Sighing, I attempt to fix it but admit defeat when my efforts are futile. Nothing can prepare me for this interview.

I was just starting out as a journalist for the entertainment section of the magazine GQ. Although it wasn’t my ideal job discussing latest celebrities and their ridiculous antics, it paid the bills and got me experience in the industry. That’s what I needed right now, I told myself repeatedly. One day I will be able to write about what I want to write about, just not now. You see, no one wanted to hire a freelance journalist with no experience.

I check my bag one last time before I enter the hotel room that GQ rented for this interview. It wasn’t just some z-list celebrity they had entrusted me to pick the brain of. It was Michael Fassbender. This fact alone sent a shiver up my spine. No doubt did I have that he was attractive. I had done my research and watched the films he starred in. Even I had to admit that he was extremely talented. But this, he probably knew. He’ll be just like every other ‘celebrity’ I’ve interviewed. Fake, arrogant, selfish and rude are some of the characteristics that come to mind.

Nevertheless I was nervous. GQ had assigned me a huge slot to write about Fassbender. This was my chance!

And with this thought in mind, I straightened my blouse and skirt and knocked on the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very short but I just wanted to get this little introduction out of the way before she meets him. Subscribe and comment please!