Status: Something new, tell me if you like it!

Marvelous

02

Catherine let out an aggravated sigh, letting her head fall to her desk. This was the fifth denied job application since her graduation almost a year ago. Out of the handful of jobs that actually needed a physicist within their grasp, not a single one had asked to interview Catherine. At this point she was so close to quiting she had her cursor placed over the "Delete" button on her resume.

She wasn't sure if it was because of her almost clear job history or her reputation. Yes, she had worked for her father while in college, but almost anyone could tell it wasn't a job at all. If the piles of back rent she owed wasn't enough evidence, you could flip to what was supposed to be page six in the paper and read the piece on her non-existent paychecks. [However, she noticed, it was actually page ten.]

You could pick up any tabloid magazine within a fifty mile radius of the city and see stories of her. Her father was a big name, owning a more than decently sized company whose primary feats dabbled along the line of "science research." And anything that provided a research facility to the universities was worthy of scrunity and out of her pristine family, she would be the target.

It wasn't a surprise when her adolescene landed her in a not-so-favorable position with her father. He loved her more than anything, maybe even more than her siblings, but her rowdy behavior left him with no other option than to suspend her allowance and teach her a lesson.

Looking back now she realized he was more than obligated for what he had done, even if she was facing eviction, school loans, and denied application after denied application. If she had been her brother or any of her two sisters she wouldn't be in this position. VPs would gladly hand their positions to her if she was Cole. If it wasn't the Gardy Cole Kitt Jr. that sold it, a look at his record would leave them begging. Graduating with a 4.0 and Valedictorian of his graduating class of Yale, Cole was a fucking gift to the economic world. However, he set side his dreams and has since spent his time preparing for the "family bussiness" to fall into his hands.

Or of course if Catherine was Megan she wouldn't have to worry about a damn thing at all. Married at nineteen, she went on to have absolutely perfect kids with Dad's VP. She couldn't hold back the shuddering memory of her odd thirteen year old body shoved into the awful, green tafeta Flower Girl gown.

Then of course she could be Tiffany. The press had a field day when one of Dad's commitee members confirmed his engagement to her sixteen-year-old sister, but when their onlt scandal was a that she was still in highschool, they dropped it. It was apparent that the only two people even remotely upset at the engagement was Catherine and Cole. Of course her father had been angry in the beginning, but his opinion mattered not to her sisters and mother and eventually not to him. What was to worry about? She was marrying into money anyway, right?

That seemed to be all her family had grown to care about, and she sadly had too. Money was the sustanence to their lives. Everything was about getting more and more money, and Catherine was making that hard on them with her escapades.

Having completely beat Cole's own engagement announcement from the front page there was now a running story on New York's Most Unwanted Bachalorette. The article itself was so large it had taken up the A section of the news paper. And woven through the words was her complete public profile, from her first front page spread at fifteen with a dance from a "friendly" Marine to her most recently notable hospitilatzation after an allergic reaction to the Morning After Pill.

But they had neglected to mention that her hospitalization was almost two years ago and was a college mistake. There wasn't even an article on her graduation from college, no notice of the starting of an alphabet after her name. Not a single damn mention of her Ph.D. Not a single mention of the one thing she's done right in the past four years.

She gritted her teeth. She'd never been one to care if she was not being published, no matter how many times she was portrayed differently. She could understand the world was boring now and the only thing to truly report about was what ever lie was spreading.

Or Iron Man.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this is boring, I just wanted to give you a little insight on her life and all.
It would be lovely if you could comment. Pretty please?