Status: Coming Soon

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Game Time

“Are you ready for tonight’s game?” Lecavalier asked as soon as I walked into the locker room.

“I was born ready” I told him with a big smile as I slapped him on his back.

“Wow someone is in a super good mood.” He paused. “Why are you in such a good mood?” He asked curiously.

“Can’t someone just be in a good mood without having their motives questioned?” I replied not really knowing how to explain my good mood to him.

“Someone else yes, but you no. I haven’t seen you in this good of mood since you scored 60 goals last season.” I just shrugged as if I didn’t know what he was talking about.

The truth was that I did know what had put me in such a great mood. And she goes by the name Beth. She is supposed to be at the game tonight; well I hope she will be at the game tonight. I gave her two tickets and the jersey. Who would turn down free hockey tickets especially if she is a fan?

“Stammie are you just going to stand there and stare at your locker or are you actually going to get ready for the game?” Ryan Malone yelled across the room causing me to come back to the real world and start preparing for the game.

As I went out for warm ups my eyes traveled immediately to the two seats right behind the bench where I got the tickets for Beth and my heart skipped a beat when I saw her sitting there wearing my jersey. I proceeded with my warm ups as usual however I added more show-off moves than usual. There was no doubt in my mind that I was trying to impress Beth.

But as I was leaving the ice I felt my heart drop into my stomach as I saw some guy with her. What am I doing, it doesn’t matter that she has a boyfriend because I have a girlfriend so I can’t do anything anyways.

The game went by fast as we crushed the Panthers 5-0. I scored a hatty while also assisting on the other two goals. Walking in I felt like into the locker I felt like I was walking on water, knowing I would fall if Beth didn’t make use out of locker room passes I had given her. I quickly showered and changed to head to the family lounge.

“Damn kid, where’s the fire?” St. Louis asked once I got into the hallway, knowing that I was always one of the last ones out of the locker room. But before I could tell him to shut the hell up Brown opened his big mouth. “Or better yet what did Carissa promise you when you get home?”

I blushed not because Carissa promised me anything because she isn’t even home this week, she is in Vegas for the week for a girls vacation. The reason I blushed is because the things that he was hinting at were things I was daydreaming about doing with Beth. “I am so right.” He boasted as he shoved me through the family lounge door right into Beth.

“Sorry about Stammie here, on the ice he is as graceful as a gazelle but on land he is like a bull in a china shop.” Brown flirted as he patted me on the back. “By the way my name is J.T Brown, “ he held out his hand.

“Beth” She said shaking his hand while looking at me with a smile on her face. I couldn’t help but smile back at her as we just stared at each other until the guy she was with cleared his throat.

“Oh yeah, sorry this is Justin, my…” her boyfriend I thought. “…older brother” I let out a breath that I didn’t even know that I was holding.

“Nice to meet you.” I said honestly as I shook his hand before turning back to Beth. “It’s good to see
you again, Beth.”

“Same” she smiled. “Thanks for the tickets.”

“Wait, wait, wait, you know this lovely lady?” Brown questioned me looking suspicious. “He only knows me because I saved his ass from a snake.” She joked relaxing into the group of players that had formed and immediately all the guys started to chirp me.

“Hey now in my defense it was a 12 foot Burmese Python, Beth will back me up on this.”

“It was a little garden snake.” She lied with a big smile on her face.

“Wow Stammie, I didn’t know you were scared of snakes.” Pyatt chuckled.

“Watch it,” I glared at him. “Plus I am not scared of snakes; I just prefer not to be strangled by a Python the day before a game.” I explained myself.

“But Beth said it wasn’t a Python.” Hedman pointed out

“The snake that Beth brought back to the habitat was a most defiantly not a garden snake.” Justin defended me causing Beth to shrug with an expression that said, oh-well-you-caught-me.

“I like this girl Steve.” Brown told me before turning back to Beth. “We are all going out to Jack’s, you two should come with us.” He flirted with her.

“Sounds like fun.” Justin answered for the two of them. “We just need to know how to get there.

“I’ll ride with you, if you don’t mind then you won’t get lost and can come up to the VIP section with us when we get there.” I jumped at the opportunity before Brown had a chance too.

“What about your car?” Beth asked.

“I’ll just leave it here and take a taxi back home.”

“That would be a waste of money.” I blush. “That’s not a factor plus it’s what I always do when I know I will be drinking.” I confessed.

“Oh, ok.”

91-91-91-91-91-91-91

“So do you guys go out after every game?” Justin asked inquisitively once we got in the car.

“Um, no not all of us, some of the younger guys do but we only really go out as a team on the road or after a big win.” Steven answered

“Well, there goes that stereotype.” I joked causing Justin and Steven to laugh.

“Actually for the younger single guys that stereotype is very true especially in the big hockey cities.” Steven said making eye contact with me through the rearview mirror.

“Good wouldn’t want to think hockey players were boring outside the arena.” I smirked at him.

“We most defiantly aren’t.” he said with an eye wiggle causing me to blush as I parked.

“Guys stop the flirting, it’s time to party.” Justin yelled as he climbed out of the car and walked over to the line as I took off my Stamkos jersey leaving me in a white tank with a heart on the front.

“Yo, Justin where ya going?” Steve called after him a few moments after watching me take off the jersey. “the line” he said matter-of-factly.

“Who stands in lines?” Steven joked. “How else are y- oh.” He realized that hockey players don’t need to wait in a line.

“Hey Cody.” Steven greeted the bouncer.

“Steven, long time no see.” The bouncer greeted back with a one armed man hug. “Great game tonight.” He said as he unhooked the red velvet rope.

“Thanks” Steven smiled, “these two are with me.” The bouncer nodded as he let us pass through as well.

Once we got to the VIP lounge Brown came up to me and handed me a fruity drink. “A drink for the lady.” I cringed as I took a sip of the awfully sweet drink.

“What’s wrong with your drink?” Steven asked worriedly causing Brown to look at me confused.

“I’m not a fan of fruity drinks.” Steven took the drink out of my hand and handed it to a girl that was in the family lounge with me back at the arena. “What do you want then?” he asked as he called over one of the waiters that were walking around the VIP section.

“Can I get a Bud?” I asked the waiter politely and he nodded before walking away. A couple seconds later he came back with two Buds and handed one to Steven. I pulled out the money to pay for the drink but the waiter denied it.

“You’re covered under the Lightning tab.” He said quickly before walking off. I turned to Steven to hand him money for my drink.

“Oh no, you don’t pay when we ask you to come out with us, we always take care of it.” He smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes putting the money back in my purse not happy but not wanting to argue with Steven. So instead we just sat on one of the many couches drinking our beers and talking about random things, well mostly hockey and what this season outlook is. When I finished my beer, Brown came up and asked me to dance, he wouldn’t let me say no so I let him whisk me out onto the dance floor leaving Steven behind on the couch.

After dancing with Brown for a couple of songs I got another beer before getting dragged back onto the dance floor by another one of Steven’s teammates. Finally after a few more beers and many dancers later I found myself back up in the VIP lounge sitting on a couch with a good drinking buzz going on.

“Do you come here often?” A balding man in his mid-thirties asked me, taking the empty seat next to me.

“Uh” I looked around for anyone of the tea m that I knew who could save me from this moment. “No, this is actually my first time here.”

“Well than I should give you the tour.” He winked at me as he grabbed my hand in a firm grasp as I glanced around the room again looking for anybody at all to see that I needed a savior.

“No thanks.” I politely denied as I tried to pull my hand away.

“Aw come on sweetheart, I know you want to.” He said placing his freehand on my upper thigh.

“I actually came here with someone.” I mumble becoming extremely more nervous about this guy as
his hand started to rub my thigh.

“That doesn’t mean you have to leave with him.” He gave me a wicked smirk as he leaned in and kissed me hard on the lips. I jerked back quickly not wanting to have anything to do with this creep.

“Stop.” I said sternly as I shoved him away, but that did little to slow him down.

“Come on baby, don’t be like that.” He said advancing on me again.

“I said stip.” I shoved him again this time harder before punching him the face, causing him to briefly let go of me. Instantly I stood up off the couch to make my get away but I ran into a hard muscled body, looking up I saw the face of Steven.

“Get back here you little bitch.” The man from the couch said reaching out to grab me.

“The woman said no.” Steven said harshly glaring at the man menacingly.

“What’s it to you?” the man spat.

“Well for one thing, I don’t like assholes like you hitting on my girlfriend.” Steven said wrapping his arm around me protectively. My heart fluttered but then I remembered he only said that because he was saving me from the creep.

“Ha funny, why would you choose her?” his words cut deep but before Steven could answer the bouncer Cody was there taking away the creep before a fight broke out.

“Thanks for that.” I told Steven once things settled down and we were sitting on the couch talking like we did earlier in the night.

“My pleasure, are you sure you’re ok?”

“Yeah, you came at just the right time.” I gave him a reassuring smile. We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes until Steven asked me if I wanted to dance. I nodded as I allowed him to lead me to the dance floor.

We started out dancing father away from each other than the other people on the dance floor, but when the music intensified we were shoved closer together causing us to grind. After a few moments I felt something get hard so I turned around and looked at Steven, who had rosy cheeks from dancing and I saw the pure want in his eyes. “Beth” he murmured barely audible to me before he leant down and kissed me deeply. As corny as it sounds, I legitimately felt sparks at the touch of our lips.

Somehow after many minutes of making out on the dance floor we found our way to a cap and back to my apartment without letting our lips part for more than a minute. “Are you sure you want to do this Beth?” he asked me pulling back but not far enough to break all body contact.

“Yes” I got out before he attacked my lips and neck again with kisses.

91-91-91-91-91-91-91-91-91-91

I groaned as my alarm went off, I reached over Steven as I shut it off.

“Thank you.” Steven mumbled sleepily pulling me tightly into him. I smiled relaxing into him, I was worried that I was just going to be a one night stand for Steven, I never do one night stands. “Good morning.” He said a few moments later more awake.

“Morning.” I yawned stretching as he kissed the top of my head causing me to hum happily.

“Do you want to go get some breakfast?” he asked.

“As good as that sounds I don’t have time, I have to get to work.” I told him sadly.

“How does dinner tonight work for you then?” he asked hopeful.

“I’m free tonight.” I smile at him.

“Sounds like a date then.” He said kissing me before helping me out of bed and kssing me more.

“Steven I have to shower.” I pulled away a few moments later, out of breath.

“Would you like some help?” He asked playfully.

“I don’t know how much help you would actually be.” I said pecking his lips before darting in the bathroom. When I emerged a little while later Steve was lying on my bed fully dressed in yesterday’s suit pants and blue button down dress shirt watching Sports Center.

“Your brother called me while you were in the shower to let you know that he has your car at work.” Steve smiled getting off the bed and walking over to me.

“Good.” I kissed him quickly before walking to the front door.

“So, I’ll pick you up here at 7.” Steven stated once his cab arrived to take him to practice.

“Can’t wait.” I said truthfully before I started my short walk to work. What have I gotten into? Sleeping with a guy I barely knew a day then making a date with the guy. This is so unlike me to let my heart out just like this, but I had a good feeling about Steven, something just clicked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't know if I wanted to stop this chapter here, or keep writing but I figured this was a good place to end it. :)

Comment and Subscribe.

<3