Status: Updated Once A Week

We Will Never Be the Same

'What the hell happened'

The next day, I was rudely awaken by banging on the door. I stirred and buried my face into the crook of Josh's neck. He mumbled something about how someone was at the door and how I should go get it. I mumbled a 'fine,' and rolled off of him, I grabbed an oversized hoodie and slipped it on. I walked quickly, trying to make the banging stop. I didn't even look through the peephole, I just swung the door open. I was surprised to see my dad and even more surprised to see my mom, who had her signature sour face on.

"Hey, sweet pea." My dad greeted, pulling me in for a hug and kissing the top of my head. I smiled at him as he pulled away and patted my back. "Hi, mom." I said in the cheeriest tone I could cough up. She only gave me a short nod.

"So, what brings you here?" I asked curiously, moving away so that they cold walk into the living room to take a seat.

My dad smiled, "Your mother came to apologize, isn't that right, Danielle?" My mom didn't pay my dad any mind as she stared straight at me,

"I think you should go to therapy." She stated. My dad groaned and whispered something to her.

"That didn't sound like an apology." I replied dryly. I stood there, watching my parents argue for a bit before my mom turned away from my mother and brought her attention back to me,

"I'm being serious. I think it will do you some good." She nodded.

My dad grunted, "She was meant to apologize. You know your mother, she's getting old, you'll have to forgive-"

"I'm not old!" She snapped at him. I seriously didn't even know why my parents were still together. I didn't know why and how my dad put up with my mother, she was so uptight while he was quite goofy and always joking around. As mean as it sounded, my dad deserved better than my mom.

"I didn't come here to apologize, Eden. I came here to advise to go to therapy, I think you really need it."

"I do not need to go to therapy, mom. I'm fine." I retorted shortly, rolling my eyes without thinking. I saw her face contort into anger, "Oh?" She asked, raising her eyebrows, "Maybe if you went to therapy you could get over the fact that your baby died. Maybe you wouldn't sulk around so much-"

"That's enough." My dad roared. I wanted to cry and I knew I was going to when I started to choke up.

"You don't understand!" I yelled fiercely, "You don't fucking understand. You don't know how it feels to lose a child, you don't know how hard it is to not have her here right now, you have no clue. Do you know how sad it is when you give birth and just hours later your baby dies? Do you know how it feels to have to hold her lifeless body?" By then I was sobbing my eyes out, Josh emerged into the living room looking confused. My mom was always mean and she always said things to hurt my feelings but she had taken it too far this time.

"What's going on?" Josh asked, walking over to me. I couldn't answer because I was too busy crying. I could feel a pair of arms wrap around me, "It's ok, sweet pea. I'm sorry about her." I sobbed into my dad's chest, grasping onto the front of his shirt.

"I'll be waiting in the car, Fred." My mom said sternly. I told my dad that he should probably go, he looked truly saddened as he held me in his arms. He kept whispering that he was sorry. I wiped my eyes and looked down at me feet, not wanting to meet Josh's gaze.

"What the hell happened?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. She just came over and insisted that I go to therapy and that maybe if I went then I could get over losing Sophia."

"Your mom says the stupidest shit." Josh mumbled, "Don't listen to her, babe. You don't need to do anything you don't want to do."
I burst into more tears and covered my face with my hands, "Stop crying, Eden." Josh pried my hands away from my face.

"Why did this happen to us?" I sniffled, looking up into his sad eyes. Josh was silent for a moment, "There wasn't anything we could have done, Eden." My lip quivered and I tried my hardest to stop crying, "Don't cry, you're going to make me cry." Josh said, smiling a bit, I could see the tears brimming his eyes. I had only seen Josh cry once and that was when we were at the hospital when Sophia died.
He rested his forehead against mine, looking down at me, "She wouldn't want us to be sad, Eden." My eyes watered, "She should be here!" I stepped away from him quickly, "It's my fault, its my fault she died."

"It isn't and you know that."

"I just..." I wiped my eyes quickly, "Just leave me alone for a while, okay?" I asked as I walked into the room and slammed the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to saveredheads for commenting and I'm really glad you're liking the story! c:
Updates might be slower after this point. I want to rewrite a couple of the chapters so it might take more than a week for me to post up the next chapter, sorry :O