Status: Updated Once A Week

We Will Never Be the Same

'I've missed you, that's why'

I wrapped my arms around my waist, hugging my coat to my body. I was currently shivering to death, because Arabella was being her usual self and decided to keep me waiting. She wanted me to show her the one of the locations for her shops. The real estate agent wasn't here either, so I was waiting outside the empty shop, if they didn't get here soon I was sure it was going to start raining on me.

About 20 minutes later, Arabella pulled up in her posh Mercedes Benz. "Eden, I'm so sorry!" She smiled, "I lost track of time." She glanced at me for a while, "You look like a cold puppy."

"It's freezing, ok?" I said through my teeth. She nodded and glanced down at her watch, "Is Dave here, yet?"

"Dave?"

"The real estate guy."

"Oh,no." She huffed and moved her hair away from her face. She looked up and squinted her eyes, "It's a bit small."

"You said you wanted small." I protested as she peeked through the windows, "Well, this is too small." She looked over at me. She was so picky and the way things were going I was sure she wasn't going to like any of the places I picked. When Dave showed up, he opened up the shop and we walked in. I stayed back as she pointed out everything that she didn't like. Dave then took us to the next available shop. This one was much bigger, and Arabella seemed to like it. Her only problem was that the windows weren't big enough. I told her she could easily have a constructor put bigger windows in. She asked Dave a bunch of questions about the place, like how much it would be to buy, and how much the rent would be, and if we were in a good area for business. I was glad when I felt my phone buzz in my coat pocket. Josh's name flashed on the screen, and I smiled brightly. I excused myself and walked outside before answering.

"Josh!" I exclaimed.

"Why do you sound so happy, love?"

"I've missed you, that's why." I laughed a bit.

"Aw, you're making me sad." He chuckled, "I've missed you too, Eden. So, what have you been up to these past couple of days?"

"Oh, nothing really. I'm actually with Arabella right now, she's looking at the shops, and I just hope she likes one of them because I don't feel like looking for more." I sighed, "Oh, and my dad wants to have dinner tonight, but I'm not sure if I want to go."

"I'm sure she'll take liking to one of them. Then you can relax for a bit. You really think your mom is gonna act out again? Maybe she's over it?"

I scoffed, "Yeah, right. My mom doesn't let go of anything. Amanda and Brad are going to be there, so I guess it won't be too bad."

"Well, I hope it goes well. Anyway, I just called to see how you were doing. I have to get going now." I frowned a bit. We never had the chance to talk for more than 10 minutes.

"Ok, bye."

"I love you."

"I love you,too." I responded.

When I walked back in Arabella was signing some papers, "This is it!" She smiled over to me. Oh, thank god.

I tried to keep my mind positive, it was only dinner. Dinner with my family.... and my mom. But everything was going to go well. We were going to have a great time. We were going to catch up. I repeated those things over and over in my head, all the way over to my parent's house. I was just hoping that I wasn't walking into a war zone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even have a good excuse.