Status: Updated Once A Week

We Will Never Be the Same

'That was different and you know it'

I was still upset about the whole house ordeal with Josh, it didn't help that he left early the next morning. I was planning on talking it out and just getting it over with. He was lucky I had work that day, because if I hadn't I would be waiting at home brewing in annoyance.
Not that work was any better, I was on my feet for most of it. I hated to sound like a typical 'pregnant lady' but my back was killing me! Not only that but I was really craving some freaking nachos. I also had to train two new employees, they were catching onto everything quickly which I was thankful for.
Once I got around to explain the register, I was ready to lay down on the cold hard floor for a couple of hours. The register was always the worst thing to explain, mostly because I didn't really know how to work it. If I was assigned to work the register I would be giving out the wrong amount of money.

Luckily, Arabella came into the shop and saw that I wasn't fully energized.

"You can head out, Eden." She smiled.

"You sure? I just need to sit for a bit."

"Positive," She nodded, "Get your butt outta here." I smiled a bit and nodded. I grabbed my things and headed home. Josh's car was parked out front, meaning he was finally home. As I made my way the pair of stairs, I wondered how I would approach this. I could be sweet and understanding and try and compromise or I could be a bit stern and demand a meaningful reason as to why he didn't want to move into the house of my choice.

"Where were you this morning?" Was the first thing out my mouth. Josh was lounging on the couch, playing on his xbox. He didn't bother to stop playing,

He simply answered, "Doing stuff." So much for being sweet and understanding, he was pushing towards the other direction. I sighed a bit and bit at my lip, trying not to say something stupid.

"Stuff, huh?" I questioned and set my bag down, I sat on the edge of the couch and reached down to slip my shoes off.

"Yup." He mumbled.

I was silent for a moment, "Okay," I really wanted to ask about the house but he was acting distant so it felt a bit awkward. I got up and walked into the bedroom, putting my shoes away and pulling my hair up into a messy bun. I walked back into the living room, looking at Josh.

"So....um.." I started, trying to get his attention. He kept his gaze transfixed on the tv screen, he was still playing.

"Josh," I said a bit louder. No response. I rolled my eyes and turned around, pressing the power button on the tv.

"Thanks, Eden." He sighed and glared a bit.

"Well, if you paid attention to me!" I glared right back, "I'm trying to talk to you."

"Yeah? What about? You gonna bitch at me again?"

I was a bit taken aback, I didn't know what to say so I stayed silent and glanced at him, his features were all scrunched up, meaning he was mad.

"When did I bitch at you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yesterday."

"No shit, " I mumbled, "You want to live in some goddamn bachelor pad, which is soooo not convenient." He still wasn't looking at me, he was leaned back now, staring up at the ceiling.

"We're having a baby-"

He cut me off, "You don't think I know that?"

"I'm just saying, we need to both agree on one house and that isn't happening right now-"

"Yeah, you're right, we're not agreeing so let's just drop it, Eden." Fucking Josh, I was about ready to throw something at him. If it were anything else maybe I would drop it but this was something serious.

"Why are you being so....." I sighed, "Why aren't you talking to me?"

"Like how you used to not talk to me?" He sat up and looked me straight in the eyes. Once again, I couldn't say anything.

"That was different and you know it." I seethed, how could he even bring that up. This situation was totally different and I was quite offended to be honest. I was going through a tough time back then and Josh bringing it up wasn't going to make me feel any better.

"Sure." He got up and walked past me, towards the front door, grabbing his car keys and jacket. I watched him with watery eyes. I was going to ask him where he was going but my throat was dry and I couldn't let any words out. He was out the door before my mind could process anything else. I stood there for a moment, feeling awkward because I was crying a little.

Well if he had left, I wasn't going to stay home and wait for him and I sure as hell wasn't going to feel sorry for myself. I called Amanda and asked her if she could come pick me up.
It wasn't long until I was getting into her car, baby Charlotte in the backseat, making cute gurgling noises.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Josh fucking irks me."

She glanced over at me, "What happened?"

"He just....we weren't agreeing on houses and today I was trying to talk to him about it but he was being stand off-ish, he fucking left the house, didn't even tell me where he was going."

"Damn."

"Yeah," I nodded
♠ ♠ ♠
sooooo.....it took me forever to update, oops