Status: Updated Once A Week

We Will Never Be the Same

'And you know I love you'

Like I had assumed, Josh didn't even bother to come into the room. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or to feel annoyed. I didn't want to talk to him but a small part of me was hoping he would be the one to make the first move. He's gonna have to, because I was done trying, it only lead to a bigger argument. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of jeans; with the elastic on them of course. I couldn't fit into my 'regular' jeans anymore. I grabbed a tank top and paired with with a red flannel. I slipped on some flats and made sure everything I needed was in my bag. I stood in front of the bedroom door for a moment, wondering if Josh was going to be up or not. I unlocked the door and made my way out of the room ,quietly.

There he was, sprawled out on the couch, with drool coming out of his mouth. I glared at him a bit. He hadn't even bothered to try and get ready, I told him I had an appointment today and he knew this was the appointment where we found out the sex of the baby. What do I do? I didn't even feel like talking to him but I would feel a bit bad if he missed out. I sighed and went out, making sure not to wake him. I would just text him, the hospital wasn't too far and I didn't mind taking a cab, mostly because I didn't want to ride with Josh. I sent him a text message saying I was heading to the hospital and if he cared he would show up.

I got into the cab, and made myself comfortable, while giving the driver directions. Just then my phone started to buzz, I rolled my eyes and fished it out of my purse. Pressing the accept button,

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"I don't know, it isn't my job to wake you up, Josh," I sighed.

"It is when you're going for a doctor's appointment, how the hell are going to get there? On the bus?"

"I took a cab." I huffed

"You're so-"

"Whatever, just show up or don't." With that I hung up and shoved my phone into my front pocket. It wasn't long before we got to the hospital, I paid the driver and thanked him as I got out the car, making my way towards the front entrance. I had to sign in and waiting in the lounge, there wasn't that many people ahead of me which was I sigh of relief. My eyes kept wondering towards the door, expecting to see Josh walk in. But minutes passed by, and he never showed up. Sure, it hadn't been long but I was starting to think he wouldn't show up.

"York, Eden." I looked up at a young nurse, she was smiling over at me. I got up and grabbed my bag, I walked towards her, but before the doors closed, I felt a hand on my lower back.

"Just in time," The nurse smiled Josh.

The nurse opened the door to the room I would be getting examined in, "No need for scrubs this time, you'll just have to pull up your shirt when the doctor gets in. " I nodded and walked in, sitting up on the examining table. Josh sat to my right, he was doing something on his phone. I was hoping that the doctor would come in quickly, because the silence in the room was starting to make me feel odd.

"Hello, Eden," Dr. Rubenstein smiled, "Josh." Josh looked up and gave him a nod,while putting his phone away.

"Well,let's take a look at your baby and see how he/she is coming along," I shrugged my flannel off and leaned back, pulling my tank top over my stomach. He squirted the cold liquid onto my stomach and went to turn off the lights.

"Alright,"He said, squinting a bit and moving the wand around, pressing it into the lower side. The room filled up with a swooshing sound.

"That's the heartbeat." I nodded and smiled a little.

"Well...." He trailed off and leaned back to put his glasses on, he moved the wand around a bit more.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, quietly.

He moved it once more and the sound got much louder, he looked down at me and smiled, "Just as I assumed, there's two heartbeats. Congratulations, you're having twins." Twins?!

"Whoa." I mumbled.

"Can you tell us their sex?" Josh had gotten up and came to stand right next to me. The doctor nodded and squinted at the screen,

"You're having twin girls." Oh god, I wanted to cry. I wasn't sure if it was because I was bit overwhelmed or because I kept thinking it was some blessing in disguise. I wasn't paying much attention anymore, but before I knew it the doctor was handing me pictures of the ultrasound. Once he left, I sat up and pulled my shirt back down.

"How do you feel?" Josh asked.

"It's weird." I replied.

"We lost one and now we're having two?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Weird how things work out."

"All this fucking arguing, I'm so tired of it. Let's just forget all about it."
He said quickly, "I'm sorry," He reached over to grasp my hand, "I have a surprise for you, actually."

Well,there you go, he finally apologized, but it was a bit rushed. I wanted to keep talking about but his mention of a surprise caught me off guard. I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to question him, but he shushed me, telling me to grab my things. I followed him out to the car, strapping myself in and reclining my seat.

"Where are we going, Josh?"

"That's the whole point of a surprise." He laughed, "Close you eyes."

"No-"

"Please." He begged. I closed my eyes and sighed, he kept driving but it wasn't long before we stopped, he got the car and I really wanted to peek but I kept my eyes shut tightly. He helped me out the car and wrapped an arm around my waist, walking slowly.

"Josh-"

"Eden, just hold on." He let got of me and I could hear him taking his keys out, he grabbed me once more and we walked into something.

"Ok, you can open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and looked around, it was empty.

"We're in an empty house?" I quirked an eyebrow.

He nodded, "The house you liked..." I squinted a bit and look around for longer, it was the house I liked.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned.

"You're so slow, babe."

"Don't be mean." I rolled my eyes.

"We got approved, I was going to tell you but then we got into some things. Anyways..." He trailed off. I smiled a little.

"So, its ours?" I asked brightly. He nodded.

"But I thought you didn't want to live here, Josh." I mumbled. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.
"I didn't at first, but I thought over it, and you're right, this is going to be a great place to raise our girls. I'm sorry I was being so difficult. I seriously don't know what had gotten into me."

I smiled at his mention of the babies, "Are you sure, because I don't want to live here if you don't."

"Positive." He smiled. I walked over to him, standing on my tip toes to peck his lips, "Well thank you, what a wonderful surprise."

"Twins, now that was a surprise." He smiled.

"Yeah, " I nodded, "How are we gonna do it?"

He shrugged, "Oh fuck, Eden. Now you've gone and made me nervous!" I chuckled a little, "I've never even been left alone with a baby for too long, how am I going to manage two?"

"It'll be fine." I assured.

"Two girls at that! I need to invest in a shotgun."

I rolled my eyes, "Isn't it a bit too early to be getting overprotective?" He shook his head,leaning down, his face inches away from mine,

"Well, if they end up looking anything like you, I'm in deep trouble."

I could feel myself blushing, "Oh stop it." He chuckled and pulled me in for a hug. "You're the most prettiest girl I've ever laid eyes on."

"Josh-" I groaned.

"Right, the most beautiful," He added quickly. I shook my head and buried my face in his chest, "Thanks." I mumbled.

"I love you, Josh." I said quietly, listening to his heart thump.

"And you know I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks anybodys and FallenTorment for commenting!

Josh isn't being a dick anymore, yay! ᵔᴥᵔ

Any who, this one was a bit short, sorry.