Status: Updated Once A Week

We Will Never Be the Same

'Why do you look so uneasy'

"Any suggestions, or are we willing to try anything?" The lady asked, clasping her hands together and looking hopeful.

"Something tight, maybe some lace." I replied. I heard my mom sigh in disappointment. I turned to look at her, shooting her a smile.

"It's your wedding, Eden. You're not going out to a club. You'd look wonderful in a strapless dress, maybe a sweetheart neckline." Tasha, the girl who would be helping me get into dresses was staring back and forth from my mom and I.

"I was thinking Morticia Addams but lacy sleeves." I spoke quite loudly, hoping to drown out my mom's suggestions. With that, my mom sunk back into the couch, resting a hand over her forehead. It had been one whole month since Josh proposed. Within that time period, we told our family and friends and now it was time to plan it all. I could tell most people thought setting my wedding date so soon was a little absurd. On the other hand, Josh and I thought it was pretty logical. The sooner the better, I wasn't sure when Josh would have to go back into the studio to record. A new record always meant touring and touring could take months.

"You seem to have a specific dress in mind," Amanda laughed, "Why didn't you just design it yourself?"

"I don't have any time." Which was absolutely true. I had gone back to work two weeks ago,it almost felt as if all my work just piled up while I was on maternity leave. I was pulling all nighters at home which wasn't so bad since the girls did a good job keeping me awake. While I was at work, Josh stayed home with the girls. I could tell he was worse off than I was, he rarely got any sleep but he never complained. It was probably because in due time I would be the one all alone with the girls.

So, dress shopping was stressful, I might have found my dress but now I had to make sure to gain any weight. How are you supposed to not gain weight? I wasn't back to me pre-baby weight, which I wasn't very worried about. I might have looked a little different, but I sort of liked it. Sure, I could do without the little tummy pouch but who didn't want bigger hips and boobs?

When I got home, I was met by 5 men trying to soothe two crying babies. Dan was bouncing Hanna while Matt made faces at her. Josh, was changing a diaper while Max and Chris watched, looking a little disgusted.

"What did you feed these kids, Eden?" Josh grumbled as he tossed the dirty diaper into the trash bin. I rolled my eyes, setting my bag down.

"Milk." I replied, scooping Emilia into my arms. She buried her face into my chest. I sat in the rocking chair, trying to soothe her.

"So? What's everyone doing over?" I asked, watching curiously as Dan held Hanna against his chest and rubbed her back. The guys looked pretty cute trying to soothe the babies.

"We gotta do some planning." Matt nodded at me before turning to wink and smile at Josh. I raised an eyebrow, meeting Josh's gaze.

"Bachelor party." He looked apologetic. I didn't have a problem with bachelor parties, but with these guys I had no idea what kind of trouble they would get into.

"Told you she wouldn't care." Dan whispered over Hanna, looking over at Josh. I trusted Josh wholeheartedly, so why would I object?

"We're thinking strippers." Max exclaimed, clapping his hands together, causing Hanna stir. Dan shot him a stern look, Max mouthed an 'I'm sorry'. I shifted my eyes back to Josh, he was avoiding my gaze. He was looking at his hands, the floor, and then back to his hands. He had become tense, and I could tell he wasn't feeling very confident.

"Is that so, Josh?" I asked, giggling softly. His eyes met mine, nodding once.

"Why do you look so uneasy?" I asked. He shifted in his seat, clearing his throat.

"I don't want to do anything that makes you uncomfortable." He stated monotonously.

"I don't care." I shrugged, it was half the truth. I figured if I said I didn't care, he wouldn't have a problem with Cherry and Amanda hiring male strippers for my bachelorette party. It was quiet in the room, and I could feel all of their eyes on me. Each of them glanced at one another, looking slightly puzzled.

"You d-don't?" Chris stuttered. I shook my head quickly, "Go ahead."

"Is this a trap?" Dan asked, sitting up.

"No!" I laughed, standing up, "I'm getting strippers at my party too, so no big deal." I was going to walk into the girls' room to put a sleeping Emilia in her crib, but Josh stopped me. His hand reaching over to grab the bottom of my jacket, hindering my getaway.

I looked down at his hand and then to him, "Yes, honey?" I smiled sweetly. Knowing all too well that he wasn't agreeing to the idea.

"You're joking, right?" He mumbled, looking a bit flustered. I shook my head, I reached down to drop his hand.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, furrowing my brows. The guys took this as an invitation to leave, all coming up with lame excuses about having to be somewhere else. I sighed loudly, knowing that Josh was going to make this difficult for no good reason. He followed me into the girls' room, we set the girls in their cribs. I lingered in the room for a bit, not wanting to have tiff about something so silly.

"Wanna make out?" The first words to leave my mouth as I entered our room. Hoping that he would actually want to fool around instead of argue. The irritated look never leaving his cute face. "No? I really wanted to, actually." I shrugged. Silence. He really wasn't going to say anything?

"Josh?" I asked, sitting on my side of the bed,facing him. I reached over to rest my hand on his upper arm. "Josh, come on!" I laughed slightly, earning a look of amusement.

"You're doing the same thing, you can't be mad at me." I gave reasoning a shot.

"Eden, I forbid it." I gasped slightly, as silly as it sounded. No one's every forbidden me to do anything other than my parents, and they definitely didn't do it anymore seeing that I'm an adult now.

"You better be kidding." I was trying to stay calm, but my voice had an indignant tone. I was willing to let Josh sulk around for as long as he needed to but he just had to say something completely idiotic. Arguing was the last thing I wanted to be doing, especially so close to our wedding date.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to Maiteshope for commenting ✨