Raised by Wolves

Eleven

Chad had me wake up at 4 in the morning so we could have an early breakfast. I was tired and couldn’t think of doing anything else but sleep. It was ludicrous to be awake at a hellish hour. It was a different story staying up all night, but with this, I’m waking up. It wasn’t something I had exactly been happy about at the time, but once we got there, it wasn’t something I could regret for anything. There were very few people there but people were constantly coming and leaving.

Our waitress came to our table. She was pretty with her blonde hair up in a ponytail and green eyes piercing in the lights. “Hey, I’ll be your server for the day, my name is Kat. Is there something I can start you out with?”

“I’d like a coke, please.” Chad flirted with her as he said this. I hated to think that my baby brother was such a player but he seemed doomed to be one.

Trying to not be too obvious, I gave him a little glare to warn him about his eating habits and to not flirt with Kat. She then turned towards me. “I’ll have a tea, thanks.”

We were rather quiet before our drinks came. I put a little sugar in mine and mixed it in. When I looked back at Chad, he had thrown back half his coke. I just shook my head and took a sip of my tea.

Chad suddenly looked extremely surprised by something. “Holy shit!” He screamed this loudly and had the rest of the people in the restaurant look at us. “It can’t be!”

I looked behind me to see what shocked him to no ends but it hit me before I could burn it. Ryan,
Jacky, Ronnie, Ron, and Derek walked through the door and started smiling, yelling over towards us.
“Oh shit.”

They all came over to our table and pushed us over so they could make some room. Before I could be moved over to the end, Ron jumped over the seat so he was parallel to Chad. This made me feel extremely uneasy. Ryan sat across from me, Jacky at his side and Ronnie beside me. Derek got a chair and sat at the end.

“Excuse me!” I shunned them away. “That was extremely rude of you! I’m here with my brother! You can’t just come and sit with us!”

Jacky smiled at me. “You don’t seem happy to see us.”

Out of nowhere, Chad made a statement. “This is the fucking greatest day of my life!”

“Chad!” I scowled him for swearing.

Chad had a huge, warm smile on his face and it made me upset to see that I was so upset about this.
Should I have felt any different? The man who shot my brother is eating breakfast with us and another werewolf is sitting beside him without even knowing so. On top of that, it was uncomfortable to have them be there. I truly felt like a home wrecker.

I kept my eyes on Ryan and I’m sure he felt just how awkward this situation was for me. He moved his lips so he could tell me to just breathe in and out. I did as I was told.

Ronnie put his elbows on the table. “So you’re Sam’s brother?”

Chad looked over at me with wide eyes and completely dismissed the fact that Ronnie was talking to him. It was almost like he didn’t want to believe that they were there in fear that they would be gone in any second. “You know them?”

Words refused to come out of my mouth. Actually, not even my mouth would open. I was at the edge of tears.

With a stern look on his face, Ronnie looked at me. “You ok?”

It was then that I blew. “You guys can’t sit with us. I’m sorry but I can’t live with myself with anything that is going on.”

Jacky was at the edge of his seat. “Come on, you want us to leave? We’re sorry about what happened with Jenn.”

I smiled at him not being able to stay mad at him and Chad opened his big ass mouth. “No Jacky. You don’t have to leave. We haven’t even had our pancakes yet!”

“Stop being a fatass, Chad. We just ate, you don’t need pancakes.” I looked at Ronnie and asked him to move.

Just as I did so, the waitress came around. “Oh, are you guys with them?” Kat asked the band.

Ryan looked into my eyes, begging me to stay. “Yes.”

“Well then, what can I get you guys to eat?”

Everyone ordered and I looked over at Ron, still feeling discomfort. He seemed to be in a daze as he looked over at Chad. I shook his shoulder. “Are you feeling ok, Ron?”

He didn’t say anything but he just took his stare off of my brother. He didn’t say anything for the rest of the time.

I was happy to see that Chad seemed to have his mind on Ronnie. “Is it true that all your songs are about Max Green?”

“Not all. I mean, I’m pretty sure he’s not a good girl who fell in love with me.”

“Do you ever miss Escape the Fate? Do you think they’re a good band now?”

Ronnie seemed really chill with answering these questions and I’m not sure why. “Well, no. I’ve grown into a better man and I would have never met these assholes.”

Jacky raised his head. “I’d say you’re the biggest asshole in this group.”

“Guys! Enough with the swearing around my little brother!” They were irritating me to no end already today.

“Fucking Dope.” Chad couldn’t seem to keep his tongue in his mouth.

Derek raised his hands. “Come on, Sam. He’s a big boy now.” He looked over at him. “How old are you kid, 18?”

“I’m actually 14.”

“High school age. That’s reasonable.”

I didn’t respond to him although it was the most normal thing that I had heard coming out of his mouth since I met him.

Finally, Kat came with the tray of food. We all ate at a reasonable pace and didn’t talk much. By the end of the meal, I still had a pancake on my plate. Everyone else had already finished eating.

“Are you going to eat that?” Jacky took the pancake when I nodded. It was insane how much he could eat and he looked as healthy as he could.

Chad was still shocked that he was sitting at a table with Falling In Reverse. He looked at Jacky. “Were you really discovered through Youtube, Jacky?”

“Yeah.” He shoved the food down his throat.

Ryan looked over at his friend. “Come on, Jacks. That’s all you’re going to say to the kid?” His arms were folded against his chest.

“I’d kill to get some lessons from you.”

“I could if you really wanted.”

Chad couldn’t believe what he was hearing coming out of his favourite guitarist. “Dude, you have no idea how cool that would be.” He laughed out of disbelief.

I found Ryan looking at me again. “What?”

“Absolutely nothing.” He still didn’t take his eyes off of me. He just had that smile of his on that made me melt.

I had realized that Chad’s attention was still on Ronnie when they weren’t even talking. It made me feel weird now. No doubt about it that he would say another thing too stupid to the poor guy without even meaning to. After all, Chad did take on some characteristics of a dog which I guess made him an amazing werewolf.

The waitress came back with the check once she took all the dishes to the kitchen. Ryan reached over to it.

I slapped his hand, “You don’t have to pay!”

“I want to.”

We fought for a few seconds until he began to use his husky voice, calming me down. Ronnie got out $50 and walked over to the waitress. He sweet-talked her and put the money down her shirt. She smiled and blushed, but I don’t think she really saw Ronnie in a way that many girls do.

He walked back over with a smile on his face.

Derek was in disbelief. “Really Ronnie? You give her $50?”

Ronnie just shook his head and got in his seat. “I can’t help myself if the bitch is such a hot piece of ass.”

The eyes of Chad were glowing like he admired Ronnie for how much of a player he was. “I can’t believe I’m in the presence of someone who’s been to jail!” There it goes. The stupid line that I knew would come.

“Chad!” I screamed at him.

He looked up at me, guiltily. “What?”

“Don’t be rude!”

Ronnie shook his head. “No, it’s fine. Jail was one of the best things that could have happened to me. I cleaned up.” He looked over at Chad. “I just don’t recommend it. Not unless you want to get ass-raped.”

“Ronnie!” I calmed down. “Let’s go.” I checked my phone to see that it was already 8am. Yawning as we all got up, I felt a hand around my waist. Ryan was there, looking down at me. As much as I loved it being there, I couldn’t help myself from thinking it was wrong.

I took his hand off me and grabbed Chad as we walked quickly to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe, Recommend.

Thanks guys for your comments. I don't know what I would do about this story. I usually don't end up finishing stories but since I'm writing 12, I'm sure I will. I love this story too much.