Status: Active!

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

02.

After school Alex drove me to Jack's for band practice. He and the guys wasted no time setting up. The only songs the boys played was covers of bands like Blink-182, Green Day, and Fall Out Boy. The first song they always played was Blink's "The Rock Show" and they always ended with Fall Out Boy's "Calm Before The Storm". Kara and I sang along to every song they played. I never understood why they didn't make their own music though, they have a great sound and that could probably get them far. Alex always told me that it was just a hobby so there's no need for a band name or songs.

"How'd we do?" Alex asked, putting his arm around me.

"Horrible. Your band sucks." I said jokingly.

That was something I loved about my relationship with Alex, we could always joke around and nobody takes it personally.

"Alright what are we doing this weekend?" Jack asked.

"I know a guy that's having a party Friday, we could all go to that." Zack said.

"I can't. My aunt's getting married so I gotta go to that." Alex said.

"I can't do anything Friday either, my sisters coming into town this weekend." Kara said.

"Well you two can stay home, but the rest of us are going!" Jack said.

"Sounds fun to me." I said

Rian and Jack nodded. None of us knew anybody from Zack's school so it would be interesting to meet the people he hangs out with everyday.

"So you guys are down?" Zack asked.

"Hell yeah dude. I can't wait to party!" Jack said excitedly.

"Hey Jack, maybe you can find yourself a lady at Zack's party." I whispered to him.

"You're right! You're the best Jen!" he said.

Jack was my best friend. I loved him, but not the way he wanted me to. I loved him like a best friend, because that's what he was. Everytime I had a problem he was first to know, sometimes even before I told Kara. Jack knew everything about me. I wanted him to be happy, but not with me. I knew he was too good for me and I wanted him to be with somebody perfect for him, and I was not that girl. Jack deserved a perfect girl that he could be happy with. I would just break his little heart.

"It's getting late." Alex whispered in my ear.

I checked the clock. Holy shit how was it already nine? Band practice usually only lasted for two hours or so.

"Bye Jen!" Jack yelled while pulling me into a big hug.

"Bye Jack, I love you!" I said.

After I said goodbye to everyone else, I got into Alex's car. Alex was the definition of the perfect boyfriend. He opened the door for me, drove me to and from school, and was just all around amazing. Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough for him, but everytime I bring it up he tells me I'm wrong.

We approached my house and Alex got out to open my door. I got out and kissed him goodnight, then went inside. My parents wern't home as usual, but I didn't really mind being alone. I walked upstairs and turned on the playlist Alex made me. I listen to it every night to remind myself that I'm lucky to have a guy like Alex. Not that I needed a reminder, I just like knowing he cares about me. I got ready to go to sleep and finally fell asleep to the sound of my perfect soundtrack.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter was pretty much just to show the feeling with jen/jack and jen/alex.
I promise it'll get better within the next couple chapter, I already have some ideas I'll be using soon!

Title credit to We'll all be- The Maine