Status: Finished!

Better Than Me

How Do I Get You Alone?

“Fuck yes! This is what I‘m talking about!” Christian slammed his shot glass down on the bar to emphasize his point and gestured at Corinne and Sammi, who were dancing on the bar. Jake and Jeremy catcalled.

It was just after midnight. The show had gone spectacularly and pumped up with adrenaline, the boys had decided to find the nearest club and let off some steam.

“Some days I’m a super bitch, up to my old tricks, but it won’t last forever,” Corinne and Sammi sang along with Christina Aguilera’s “Keeps Gettin' Better." "Next day I'm your super girl, out to save the world, and it keeps gettin' better."

Laughing, Piper joined the other girls on the bar.

"Aren't we missing someone?" Ashley looked around and spotted Riley sitting at the end of the bar, nursing a Jack and Coke. "Riley! C'mon!"

She shook her head. "Nah. I'm good."

Ashley frowned and turned to Andy. "What's up with your girl, man?"

Andy tossed back his shot of Jack. "No idea. But I'm about to find out." He got up and walked over to the empty bar stool on Riley's left. "Rile, what's wrong?"

She smiled at him--a forced, fake smile. "Nothing."

"Something is wrong or you'd be up on that bar with your girls, shaking your ass. You love doing stuff like that."

"I just don't feel like it tonight."

"Are you sick?"

"No."

Andy made a frustrated sound. "Then what is it? "

"It's just..." She dropped her eyes to the glass between her hands. "We can do this at the bar when you come home. And you have six months to hang out at bars, drinking with your friends. I haven't seen you in a week and...well...I kinda just want you."

"Why didn't you tell me that before we left the venue? We could've gone straight to the hotel."

She lifted a shoulder. "I wanted you to do whatever makes you happy."

Andy touched her cheek. "Being alone with my girl makes me happy."

She smiled, a real smile this time that made her eyes sparkle.

"Hey, guys!" Andy shouted over the deafening music. "We're out!"

Christian wolf-whistled.

"Oh, my God!" Piper yelled. "Isn't twice in six hours enough?"

"Four times!" Riley shot back. "And no, it isn't."

Andy laughed and guided her through the crowded club with his hand firmly against the small of her back. They made it out into the balmy night air and Riley immediately wrapped her arms around Andy's neck and kissed him.

"Riley," he mumbled, kissing her back. "We've gotta make it to the hotel. I can't get arrested for indecent exposure and lewd acts in public."

She slid one hand down to his crotch. "It's not 'indecent.' It's very nice." She squeezed him as if that would prove the truth of her words.

Andy cursed softly under his breath.

Riley giggled and rubbed him through his jeans. "I don't think anyone will call the cops on us. They're going to be too busy checking you out. The girls are gonna be green with envy that you're mine."

"Mmm, but they'll forgive you."

"Oh, really?"

"Mmhm. Because, see, looking at you naked will make their boyfriends take them home and give them the best sex they've ever had."

Riley smirked. "Is that what seeing me naked does to you?"

Andy acted insulted. "Have I not proven that you always inspire a hot fuck?"

"No," Riley returned innocently.

Andy's eyes darkened dangerously. "You are asking for it, little girl."

"I'm not asking for it." She hooked her index fingers in his front belt loops and pushed herself against him. "I'm demanding it."

"God, Riley," Andy groaned as she ran her tongue up his neck. "You're gonna make me lose it."

"Are you inspired?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Ready for the icing on the cake?"

"Rile..."

Riley pulled open her vest. Andy couldn't stop the sound that came from deep in his throat. She covered herself and danced away from him, skipping towards the entrance of their hotel. Andy hurried after her, barely keeping himself from running.

He entered the lobby. He heard her giggle and looked towards the sound. She waved as the elevator doors closed over her. Andy hit the stairs at a run and pounded up them as fast as he could go. He reached the third floor just as the elevator doors slid open. He rushed forward and grabbed her the instant she stepped out of the elevator. She shrieked, then burst into giggles.

"You're very naughty," he scolded, voice low and husky.

She widened her eyes. "Uh-oh. Am I in trouble?"

"You are in deep trouble." He scooped her into his arms and carried her to their room.

**********

"Riley."

Riley looked over her shoulder. Andy stood in the doorway of the bathroom, his phone open and raised. She rolled her eyes. "I swear to God, if I hear that you showed this to the guys, I'll kill you." She dropped the towel she had secured around her body.

"Like I'd share this with them," he said, snapping a picture. "This is for me during my...alone time."

Riley frowned. "I wish I could be with you. Then there wouldn't be any need for alone time."

Andy grinned. "Yeah, but there wouldn't be any time for shows, either. I'd barricade us in the back room on the bus and just fuck you 24/7."

"That sounds like the perfect way to spend my life."

"Wouldn't it be nice if that was my career: to spend every waking second pleasing you?"

"Yeah." Riley thought this sounded oddly like the beginning of a marriage proposal. She bent to retrieve the discarded towel, praying silently that Andy wasn't about to present her with a small, velvet box. It wasn't that she was completely opposed to the idea of marrying him; she just didn't think he was ready yet. Plus, she didn't want to get engaged the day before he left for six months.

Suddenly, his arms encircled her waist and he leaned down for a short, sweet kiss. "I love you."

"I love you, too." She rested her head against his chest, closing her eyes and breathing in his scent. Already the ache was starting in her chest and her nose was burning with unshed tears.

"Andy!" Jake's voice preceded the sound of someone hitting the door to their room. "Let's go!"

Andy gave Riley a tight squeeze, then went into the other room. Willing herself not to cry, Riley put on an Avenged Sevenfold tank-top and a pair of jeans. She trudged to the other room. Andy was sitting on the edge of the unmade bed, tugging on his sneakers. Riley slipped on a pair of flip-flops and hoisted her duffel bag of clothes and toiletries over her shoulder.

"Ready?" Andy asked, standing up and sliding on a pair of sunglasses.

"No." She winced at the frown that turned down the corners of his mouth, mentally chastising herself. This was difficult for him, too. There was no need for her to make it worse on them both. She managed a smile and twined her fingers with his. He kissed her and they walked out of the room, to the elevator.

The others were waiting in the lobby. No one was talking or laughing. The guys checked out and reluctantly, the group headed out to the parking lot.

"We'll be together again before you know it," Andy murmured, taking Riley's face in his hands. "I promise."

She nodded. "I love you, Andy."

"I love you, too." He kissed her deeply. She melted into the kiss, savoring the taste of his lips and tongue.

"If you guys want to get to Great Falls in the next twenty-four hours, you'd better get a move on!" Trevor barked.

Andy drew back from Riley. "Bye."

"Bye." Her voice was barely above a whisper.

He climbed onto the bus. Sammi, Corinne, and Piper all came to stand beside Riley. The girls waved as the bus pulled out of the parking lot.

"It's never enough time, is it?" Corinne said softly.

"No," Sammi replied. "Even if it had been a week, it wouldn't have been enough."

Piper sighed. "It sucks, but we can't complain. We knew what we were getting in to."

"True," Riley said. "And I don't know about y'all, but I don't regret it."

The other girls all shook their heads. They knew without a doubt that they wouldn't change a single thing about their lives.

The keys to Christian's SUV jingled as Corinne pulled them from her pocket. "Let's go. I think we have some sleep to catch up on."

Riley giggled. "I know that's right."

The girls crossed the parking lot and piled into the vehicle. Listening to Disturbed at an ungodly volume, they headed for home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had the best weekend ever!!!!!! Oh, and I somehow managed to finish my stupid Philosophy paper, too. lol.

Special thanks to:

Vixyn Of Shadows
vampiress_666
WompWompNotMyPeen
SabbyFreakShow

No offense to my loyal readers, but I'm not updating again until I get at least 5 comments. I just need feedback and need to know people are reading. Now that Andy is gone for longer than a week, the real story can start.