Status: Slowly progressing...

The Reckless and The Brave

Prologue

The sun was out and shining bright, the smell of wet concrete seeped into Jasey's nose. She inhaled deeply, back arching against the warm pavement beneath her. Her arms fold behind her head and she adjusts her sunglasses. Running sprinklers could still be heard all around her, entwining with the yells of her neighbors doing the same thing she did two minutes ago.

Jasey enjoyed her solitude. She had to. She never had any siblings to play with, and her cousins were always out of reach. Despite the longing of a larger family, she found ways to cope with being lonely. So there she was, quietly letting the sun soak into her pores, drying the crystal-like droplets that sat on her fair skin.

"JACK!" A voice yelled in surprise. Laughter filled the air, and it sounded like chaos.

Green orbs were rolled as she debated lifting her head to find the source of the yelling. Curiosity got the best of her. Jasey lifted her head, letting her dirty blonde hair fall onto her shoulders as they always did, and wasn't surprised to see that two boys were disturbing her peace. One was massively tall, thinner than her, with a huge nose and eyebrows to boot. His hair was black with blonde streaks in it that hung in his eyes as he ran towards the other boy. That one was still tall, thin, but definitely not like the other. His hair was the color of a coffee with mass amounts of cream in it, which too hung in his eyes, adorned with eyebrows that rivaled the other.

"LIEUTENANT ALEX, DON'T THROW ME OVERBOARD!!!" The taller of the two, who through deductive reasoning, had to be Jack, screamed at the top of his lungs as Alex, the lieutenant in question, chased him all around their massive yard. A wicked thought planted itself in Jasey's mind as she ran into her house.

Jasey realizes that she knows these boys, at least Alex, from school. He showed her how to open her locker on the first day of Junior year, which was a week ago. She snickered to herself as she filled a handful of balloons with water. After the first part of the plan was finished, she bolted outside, but took cover behind bushes not far from her targets, took aim, and fired.

The first balloon doesn't hit anyone, it doesn't even break, but Jack and Alex see it hit the ground, and stop to inspect it. Jasey ducks behind the bushes but still has a clear view of them from her spot. She has to cover her mouth to keep from laughing, and giving herself away.

The boys look at eachother, and Jasey takes the opportunity to launch two more balloons at the boys, which explode on Alex's head, and Jack's side.

"What the fuck?" The boys say in unison. Jasey can't help it now, she throws all of the balloons at them and they all burst in their faces. Laughs erupt from her stomach as she watches their shocked and bewildered faces, rolling on the ground. She gave herself away and would soon be discovered, but she didn't care. The delicious feeling of her sides aching was so worth it.

The pair stand, soaking, right above her. Jasey can feel the droplets of water dripping off of their heads and onto her. She looks up at them, a little anxious, but more amused than anything.

"DOG PILE!" Soon she is being smothered by the weight of the two skinny boys, which was much more than she expected. Their hands found her sides and started to attack her relentlessly.

"NO! NO STOP PLEASE!" Jasey screams in between fits of laughter. "ALEX!" She yells, dragging his name out. He stops abruptly.

"Whoa Jasey. I didn't recognize you without clothes on!" Alex motions to her bathing suit clad body.

"Don't get used to it." Jasey smiles coyly. "Hi, Jack. I'm Jasey." She turns to the other boy who is clearly confused. His head tilts to one side like he's evaluating her, then his decision is made because he throws himself onto her laugh and hugs her tightly.

"HAIII JASAAAAYYY!" Jack whisper-yells in her hear creepily, and Jasey throws him off.

"So, how are you spending the rest of your Labor Day weekend?" Alex asks with his signature crooked smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohkay guys, this is it! The PREQUEL DUN DUN DUN DUHHHHH. :3 I hope you enjoy it! This is just a little preview. I'm trying to improve my writing, so give me FEEDBACK~

Please keep in mind that the opening prologue offsets the patterns of the chapters when commenting or giving feedback. It is confusing for me to go back and fix my mistakes on the wrong chapter. Enjoy!