Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!

Do You Love Me?

Something In The Way

It wasn’t a very long trip to Wishkah River, but boy was it a quiet one. Mallory didn’t have anything to play and all of the songs on the radio nowadays drove her crazy. She sighed and ran her fingers through her jet-black hair as she pulled off to the side of the road. Even though it looked sort of murky she couldn’t help but think that it was sort of beautiful in its own way. Mallory carefully got out of her car and locked the doors behind her, pocketing her keys before walking down underneath the bridge where she could hear the soft strumming of a guitar. Near the bank where the water was she saw a guy with dirty blonde hair and torn up clothes who was softly singing as he strummed.

-And I’m living off of grass
And the drippings from the ceiling
But it’s ok to eat fish
Cause they don’t have any feelings
Something in the way
Ummmmm
Something in the way, yea
Ummmmm


“I can feel you staring at me.” He stopped singing and spoke without turning around.

Mallory stared at the back of his head unsure of what to say or do. He turned his head a bit to see her and smiled.

“What can I do for ya?” He asked, leaning on his guitar.

She mustard up all of her courage and spoke, “Kurt?”

“Look if Stan sent you, you can tell him-”

Mallory shook her head no, “It’s me, Kurt. Mallory. Mallory Everest.”

“Mally” he spoke with a blank look on his face.

She nodded and walked closer to him. He stumbled a bit as he stood up. She expected him pull her into his arms but instead he turned away and started walking.

“Where are you going?” She shouted after him.

He didn’t reply, just kept on walking away from her. She balled her hands up into fists and ran after him, grabbing onto his shoulders to spin him around.

“How could you call me your best friend then blow me off like that?” She shouted angrily.

Kurt stared at her, “How could you call me your best friend then leave me without making any effort to contact me at all?”

Mallory stared at him and furrowed her eyebrows. She remembered crying to her parents for months to let her go see him or make a phone call but they refused. Plus his parents weren’t listed in the phone book so that stopped her from even trying anymore.

“I tried calling. They wouldn’t let me.” She peered up at him from underneath her bangs.

Kurt laughed dryly and turned his back on her again, “Okay.”

“I answered your note! Did you even care?” She shouted.

He stopped and stared at the ground, “People change. Feelings change.”

“Don’t give me that bullshit! I may have changed physically but my feelings for you have never changed!”

Kurt looked up into her eyes then moved closer to her. His blue eyes stared straight into hers looking for any sign that she was lying or playing with him.

“How do I know you aren’t lying?”

Mallory stared at him without blinking. She licked her lips then grabbed ahold of both sides of his face, pulling their lips together. She could hear the sounds of the water hitting the banks behind them. Kurt’s calloused hands found their way around her slender waist and she soon moved her hands from his face to the back of his neck. They stayed liked that for a few minutes, moving their lips in sync until the rain started lightly drizzling from the dark storm clouds above them.

“You should go, you’ll get cold.” He whispered softly against her lips.

She shook her head no, “Where will you go?”

“I live here.”

Mallory sighed, “Not anymore. Come on.”

Kurt didn’t argue as she pulled him up the muddy banks to her car. By the time they both had slid inside of the car, they were both dripping wet and muddy as hell. It only took 16 minutes to get back to her apartment where they tracked mud inside and took turns in the shower after tearing off the clothes that clung to them. She found Kurt a pair of shorts that fit him and a random oversized t-shirt that he could wear, before finding herself some other clothes to change into. After they were both cleaned up, they sat close together on the small couch and watched TV until their eyes felt so heavy that they couldn’t stay open anymore.