4 Letter Word

Last Friday Night

I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling. After my parents chewed me out for getting an overnight suspension,they grounded me. Honestly, I don't see why they're making such a big deal out of it.

Sighing, I rolled over so that I was laying on my stomach. I wonder what Dig's doing. I got up and made my way to the door, stopping to pull my pajama shorts down a little since they'd risen when I got up.

I went down to the guest bedroom and knocked twice. I opened the door after I heard him say to come in. He was laying down on the bed, wearing nothing but pajamas pants. I know that Diggy's my best friend and that I shouldn't be thinking this about him, but that boy is fine.

I stared at his chest for a few seconds and brought my eyes up to meet his.

"You like what you see?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes playfully and giggled.

"Boy please. Don't flatter yourself Daniel." I walked over to the bed and sat down.

"So, if you're not here to admire my beautiful body, what can I help you with?" he asked making me laugh.

"I'm bored." I pouted.

Diggy
I was laying down scrolling through pictures on my phone when I heard two knocks on the door.

"Come in." I said locking my phone.

The door opened and Lina stepped into the room. She had on a tank top that stopped just below her belly button and a pair of shorts. Her body was amazing. Whoa, Dig. What are you thinking? This is your best friend you're looking at. I looked up and noticed that she was staring at my chest. Looks like I'm not the only one who likes what they see. She brought her eyes up to look at me.

"You like what you see?" I asked with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes and giggled.

"Boy please. Don't flatter yourself Daniel."

She came over and sat down on the bed.

"So, if you're not here to admire my beautiful body, what can I help you with?" I asked. Her musical laughter filled my ears.

"I'm bored." she said with the cutest pout I'd ever seen. I mentally slapped myself. Stop thinking like that!

"I know what we can do." I said unlocking my phone and going to the camera.

She arched an eyebrow and smiled. "Random photo shoot?"

I nodded. "Yupp, just like old times."

She posed as I snapped pictures of her and then she took some of me. I switched the camera to the front one so we could take some together. I swear we took like fifty pictures. I miss being able to do stuff like this with her. I looked at the time and noticed that it was getting late.

"You should go to bed, it's almost 12."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." she said running a hand through her hair. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"A'ight. Goodnight." I said hugging her.

"Night."

"Aye Lina." I called before she could get out of the door.

"Huh?" she asked turning around.

I struck a girly pose and threw up a peace sign. She fell out laughing and covered her mouth to muffle the noise.

"Daniel, go to sleep." she said in between giggles.

I chuckled. "Okay, goodnight."

I watched her walk out and close the door, then got back into my bed. I couldn't sleep though, so I just layed there and thought about what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Catalina
Waking up at 5 in the morning is the worst. Thank God it's Friday. I got up and went into my closet to get dressed. I put on a pair of black skinny legs and a white shirt with a mustache on it, even though my shirt's supposed to be all white for school. I went over to my shoes and picked out a pair of black TOMS then put on some jewelry. I left my closet and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I didn't feel like doing my hair so I just brushed it up into a ponytail. I sprayed on some perfume and grabbed my phone, keys, and bookbag and went downstairs.

"Goodmorning Lee." my dad said when I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning Daddy." I said getting a granola bar.

"So, we're going to drop you off on our way to the airport."

"I'm driving my car today. I have practice after school, remember?"

"Oh, well I guess we'll just follow you to the school." he said as my mom walked in with Dominic.

"Is everybody ready to go?" she asked.

"Yeah." my dad and I said in unison.

"Okay then, let's go."

I drove to school with them following behind me. After my dad signed me in and talked to Dr. Moore I went to my locker. As I expected, Princess was there waiting for me.

"So, what happened yesterday?" she asked as I got books out of my locker and put them in my bag. I didn't get a chance to tell her yesterday.

"Well, I got an overnight suspension for disturbing the class." I said making air qoutes with my fingers. And Cache got suspended. I'm also on punishment, which means no party for me tonight." A smirk began to form on my lips as a thought ran through my mind.

Princess gave me a knowing look. "You're going to sneak out, aren't you?"

"Well I wouldn't call it sneaking since my parents are out of town. And Diggy's not going to stop me, so…" I trailed off.

"Diggy? He's here in Philly?"

"Yeah, I forgot to tell you. He's staying at my house for a little while."

"Oh." she replied.

The bell rang and we started walking to advisory.

"Yupp, he won't stop me, and he's not gonna tell. My parents will never know I left the house."

***********

I was driving home from practice, trying to think of what I was going to wear to the party tonight. I smirked thinking of that. The party. The one that I'm not supposed to be going to because I'm grounded. There is no way that I'm missing that party. What my parents don't know won't hurt them.

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But here's my number
So call me maybe?

I shook my head and chuckled. Why that boy picked this to be his ringtone I will never know. I answered my phone and put it on speaker.

"Yes Daniel?" I asked turning down my radio.

"Hey best friend. How you doin' today?" I could literally see him smiling through the phone. He always does this to me.

"What do you want?" I asked pulling into a 7-Eleven parking lot.

"A Gatorade." he said sounding like a five year old. I heard boys shouting in the background. He must be at the park playing basketball. "Make that six." he said laughing.

"Six? Boy are you serious right now?"

"I love you too!" he said, hanging up before I could respond.

I shook my head and got out of my truck. I instantly regretted not changing after practice. All I had on was a sports bra and a pair of shorts, it was too hot out. I ignored all of the staring men and walked inside the store, making my way to the back. I grabbed six Gatorades and went to the register. I payed for the drinks and left.

Diggy
"Are you serious? She really did that?" I asked laughing.

"Yes dog. She actually came up to me and asked me if I was Prodigy from Mindless Behavior!" Jacob said cracking us up. His story had us dying laughing. I'm glad people don't ask me crazy stuff like that.

I was at the park with my boys Jacob, Khalil, Jawan, Chris, and Justin. I had called them and told them that I was staying here for a while so they all flew out. I needed some company, since Lina was in school.

"Damn, I wish I was the person on the other end of that call." Chris said.

"Man, what are you talking about?" Khalil asked him.

"Shorty over there on the phone." he said pointing to a girl that was walking towards us. We all looked over at her.

"Daaamn." they all said. Them niggas sound like Craig and Smokey from Friday.

She was cute. She looked a little familiar though. I squinted and realized who it was.

"Y'all need to fall back." I told them.

"Why? You know her or something?" Jawan asked, still looking at her.

"Yeah." I said as she came to a stop in front of us. She hung up her phone and put it in her pocket.

"You're lucky I love you." she said handing me the bag of Gatorades.

I pulled her in for a hug. "Thanks ma."

"Yeah, yeah. You're welcome." she said pulling away.

"Um, Lina these are my friends Jacob, Chris, Khalil, Jawan, and Justin. Guys this is my best friend Catalina."

They all shared a look.

"So you're the girl that Diggy's always talking about." Justin said with a big ass Kool-Aid grin on his face.

"Uh, I guess." Lina replied looking at me with a slightly amused expression. I just shrugged.

"I hope I don't offend you, but what are you?" Khalil asked making her look at him like he was slow. I could see her dimples trying to show as she tried not to smile.

"You didn't offend me." she giggled. "I get asked that alot. I'm Jamaican, Italian, and Dominican, though."

"That's sexy." Chris said.

I smacked him in the back of his head. Lina's eyes widened in surprise.

"Ow! The fuck was that for?" he asked rubbing the spot that I hit.

"I told you to fall back." I said.

"Okay, I'm leaving." Lina said. "I'll see you back at the house. It was nice meeting y'all." She walked back over to her Range Rover and got in. I watched as she drove away.

"All I wanna know, is how you can be friends with a girl that looks like that, and not want to be more than that." Jacob said bouncing the ball.

"Easy, don't think of her as more than a friend." I shrugged. Actually, it's not that easy, it's becoming hard to not think that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title: Last Friday Night - Katy Perry

Diggy's Friends: Jacob Latimore, Lil Twist (Chris), Justin Combs, Jawan Harris, Khalil (the boys that sings Girlfriend Ringtone)