Say Cheese!

Hey .. i like your shoes

That day came sooner than expected. Billie's birthday flew by and I gave him is birthday stick. He hugged and kissed me and said thank you, but I don't think he fully understood the idea of it. I don't to be honest, but, hey.

Then comes the day I see Tom for the first time since June and Mike and Bill get to meet him. 10am and I'm already shitting myself. We're not meeting him 'til 12. I was sat on the edge of my bed, fully dressed in my 'Fuck Me, I Suck' tee which Mike found hilarious for some reason.

Doreen had left earlier and had popped her head around earlier to say she was leaving. Mike wasn't even up yet. I must have been sat in the same position for the last half an hour, staring at the wall. I don't know how long I was there, just thinking.

"Erm...Cleo?" said a voice from no-where and as a hand narrowly missed my face. I snapped out of my daze and looked up, slightly startled by the tall, dark stranger stood over me. Actually, the dark stranger was my brother.

"Oh, Mike. It's you."

"Err . . Yeah. Who else did ya think it would be? The Easter Bunny?"

%Mike's POV%

"Where?" she yelled, jumping around in a circle. I sighed, grabbing her arm to stop her from hurting herself.

"He had to leave. Come on, get your stuff. It's half past."

She nodded, suddenly calming down and grabbing her coat from the bed. I left her. She needed time alone. She seemed all, I don't know, distant lately. I don't know why. Maybe she was a bit worried about meeting Tom again. He seemed a nice enough guy. The way Cleo goes on about him, I'd expect him to be God or something. Not really, I just think he was the closest thing she had to family. Bless. Stumbling down the stairs, I grabbed myself a drink and put my shoes on. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Well, a special knock.

"It's open, Bill!" I called, dropping my glass anywhere and grabbing my coat off the couch. I heard the door open and footsteps, then the door close. I turned around to see Billie stood there.

"Ermm...yeah, we're just getting ready. Hold on...."
I ran up to the foot of the stairs. "Cleo! We're going!"

The sound of footsteps was heard then Cleo came almost flying down the stairs.

"Ready," she muttered, standing up and not even bothering to talk to Billie. He shrugged, then the two of us followed her to the bus stop. She was already sat there, well, slouched there.

"Hey, what's up with her?" Billie mumbled into my ear as I leant against the wall. I sighed, "Worried."
"'Bout what?"
"Us meeting Tom."
"Why?"
I shrugged, pulling my 'how-the-hell-am-I-supposed-to-know' face. He laughed slightly.

%Billie Joe's POV%

I punched him in the arm slightly and stumbled over to Cleo, sitting next to her. She didn't say anything.
"Hey."
Nothing.
"You okay?"
Nothing.
"Is that a yes or a no?"
Still nothing. I sighed.
"Gobonlegs, come one, talk to me."
She looked up at me, a smile playing on her lips.
"Gobonlegs? Where the hell did that come from?"
I shared a grin with her. "It's your new nickname."
"Erm. Thanks."
I put my arm around her and pulled her into a hug.
"It's gonna e fine you know."
"I hope so."

She pulled away and grinned, just as the us pulled up. The three of us trailed on, paid our fair and shuffled along the rows to the back window. She threw herself down and me and Mike took a seat either side of her. As soon as we did, she suddenly decided to stick her legs over Mike's lap and lay across me, her head across my thighs.
"Erm. What are you doing?"
"Chillin'," she replied, smiling sweetly up at me. I grinned, poking her cheek for no reason.
"*cough*What was that for?"
"No reason."
She smirked, then elbowed me right where it hurts.
"What the fuck?"
"No reason."
I couldn't help but smile. Mike was pissing himself down the other end of the row.
It fell silent for a few moments.
"Wouldn't it be so funny if Mike grew up to be a paedophile?"
I exchanged puzzled glances with Mike. "Erm. Yeah, sure it would."
"No, I'm being serious."
"Sure you are."

She shook her head with a serious frown on her face, then looked like she was concentrating. Then the bus came to a halt. I glanced out the window to see the mall.
"Guys, this is our stop."
Cleo sat up and the two of them looked gingerly out of the window. Then we got off.
Crossing the road, we made our way into the mall itself.
"Now, Gobonlegs, where did you say we'd meet him?"
She hesitated, looking in deep thought before replying.
"That coffee shop by that other shop."
"Erm. Yeah, that narrows things down," muttered Mike, admiring the long row of coffee shops with shops next to them.
"The name had an 'E' in it."
"Okay, four knocked off the list."
"Err. It had a green sign."
"Okay, two gone. Five left."
"Okay, it erm...serves coffee."
"Yeah, still five left."
"It serves hamburgers as well."
"Okay, that narrows us down to one. Franks Pit."
"Sound's hygienic," I added, as Cleo grabbed my arm and the three of us skipped off.
Mike was reading out the names off all the shops we past for no apparent reason. I just kept saying no in reply.
"Doodles?"
"No."
"Ginger's Hair Salon?"
"No."
"Porno Movie?"
"Oooh, yes please."
"Billie Joe Armstrong!" cried Cleo, turned around to face me.
"What?"
"Tut tut."
"It's all these hormones," I replied, grinning, "It all starts when your become a teenager."
"Just wait 'til she gets 'em." mumbled Mike, motioning Cleo.
"Why?"
"She'll be having mood swings left right and centre and finally getting interested in the opposite sex."
I grinned at Cleo who was blushing like mad.
"Frank's Pit!" yelled Mike randomly.
"What?"
"Frank's Pit! That's it over there!"

I followed his gaze to a small café to the left. There was a green sign out side reading none other than 'Frank's Pit'. The three of us headed over there. I grasped Cleo's hand as we reached the doorway. She'd gone all quiet and her eyes were darting all around the restaurant. We sat down at a table and Cleo went up to get coffee.

%Cleo's POV%

Okay, Cleo, calm down else you'll be hyperventilating soon. Deep breaths, in and out. That's it. I stood in the queue behind a tall brunette guy with cool shoes. I'd been admiring them for quite a long time and finally plucked up the courage to ask him where he got them from. I tapped him on the shoulder.

"Err...excuse me, but where did you get.... Holy shit!"