Sequel: Forever and Always
Status: Finished

Counting the Stars

I was used and abused till I was sweet and sour

NIALL HORAN IS TURNING INTO HARRY STYLES

After a few months of dating rumors, our little Irish Snowflake was spotted with once again, another woman. Niall used his day off in Florida to his advantage… If you know what we mean.

Confused? Look at the picture below that went viral after a 1D fan posted it all over Twitter.

Who is this mystery girl? Will she be around Niall for much longer? Is Niall over Demi Lovato?

Keep checking back into Sugarscape to follow ‘The Misadventures Of An Irish Snowflake,’ Which is now our name for this soap opera of Niall’s love life.


I read over the article, proud of the fuss I had created. After the twitter accounts got ahold of the picture and the One Direction fans went wild, I deleted the Melissa Twitter account. I wanted to make sure there was no way it could be led back to me. It didn’t even take two hours for the news to go viral and have teen girls all around America on the verge of tears.

To add just a little more fuel to the fire, I sent an innocent tweet to my 200,000 twitter followers.

’@TheKyleBlake: Was having so much fun at Disneyworld with @NiallOfficial and @itsJustCaroline until I got sick. Next time!

By tweeting that, all of my followers got ahold of Caroline’s twitter. By her profile picture, you could tell that Caroline was clearly the one in the picture. If that wasn’t enough, she had tweeted a picture to her once 75 followers that was titled, ‘Having an awesome time with my new pal Niall!’ Caroline had no clue what was coming for her.

I sat and watched as the crazed fans worked their magic, completely bashing Caroline. It was kind of sad that I was getting so much enjoyment out of people virtually attacking my “best friend,” but after how she acted today at Disneyworld, she deserved it. Sure, it was slightly childish the way I was acting and basically ruining her life, but I didn’t know what else to do. It’s not like I could go up to Niall and Caroline and say, “Hey Niall, turns out I’m actually a girl and I’m heads over heels in love with you so stop flirting with my whore of a best friend.” That was completely out of the picture.

I didn't have any other way to go about this.

There was a loud, obnoxious knock on my door. Whoever was outside of my room just kept knocking and knocking, making it impossible for me to ignore them. After they knocked for a good two minutes, I finally stood up and walked over to it, pulling the door open.

“CALLISTA DID YOU SEE THE PICTURE OF SKANK AND SKANKIER?” Eleanor shouted, bursting into my room and walking right past me. Danielle followed behind her silently, smiling at me sympathetically.

“Skank and skanier?” I asked, confusion written all over my face.

“The picture of that skank Niall and even skankier Caroline! What kind of friends flirts with their best friend’s crush? That crosses too many lines! It’s just wrong! I can't believe she did that!” Eleanor ranted, throwing her arms every which way.

I sighed, nodding in agreement. I fell backwards onto the bed, “Don’t remind me, El… I don’t know what to do! I’m going to have to watch them be all lovey dovey and I won’t be able to do anything about it.”

“I think it’s time you tell everyone. If Niall and Caroline potentially being in a relationship is going to bother you as much I see it bothering you, it’s going to be a difficult three months for you, Callista,” Danielle joined in on the conversation, voicing her opinion, "That's what I would do if I was in your position. Set the record straight and live happily ever after with Niall."

I sighed loudly again. I didn’t know what to do. There was no way I was going to tell everyone that I was a girl two weeks into the tour. They’d kick me off and find a replacement drummer faster than I could pack up all of my clothes. I wasn’t going to let my feelings for a guy ruin the one big shot I had at pursuing my dreams. I told this all to Eleanor and they nodded, understanding.

“Can we at least tell Louis and Liam? I think they’d completely understand and would keep it a secret. If I promised Louis some bedtime fun, if you know what I mean, his mouth would be shut until the day he died. He's a guy and he likes that kind of stuff. Liam’s too sweet to tell and ruin your dreams,” Eleanor pleaded, giving me the puppy dog eyes her and Louis used on me at least once a day. It was so hard to say no to the brown haired girl that had quickly become a close friend of mine.

“So help me God, if they say a single word or anything that would make it obvious I was anything but a guy, I am cutting off both of their manhoods, freezing them, and auctioning them off to desperate fangirls on eBay,” I sighed, finally agreeing to Eleanor’s pleas.

Eleanor grinned, “WE’RE GOING TO GET THEM RIGHT NOW!”

She and Danielle ran out of the hotel room to get Louis and Liam. I couldn’t believe that I had agreed to tell them. This could jeopardize my entire plan. What if one of them actually said something? I wouldn’t actually physically harm them, but I’d be pissed. I would most likely have to leave the tur and I wouldn’t be able to show my face in public ever again. The reactions I expected out of them worried me. Either they would be super accepting or hate my guts, there wasn't an in between.

Eleanor began impatiently knocking at my door again. Before I could even fully open the door she pushed her way through, sitting Louis down on the bed.

“What in the bloody hell is going on? Eleanor just randomly burst into the room and drug me here by my ear. Apparently there is some big news that has to be discussed,” Louis looked so confused as he sat on the bed, holding his ear in pain.

I sat there, contemplating on how I was going to tell them what I had been hiding for two weeks. Different conversation starters popped up in my head. As soon as I got a new idea, I trashed the idea and worked on formulating a new one.

“KYLE IS ACTUALLY A GIRL!” Eleanor blurted out, her hands immediately flying over her mouth. My eye's widened in shock.

Liam rolled his eyes, “Nice try, Eleanor. Really Kyle, what’s bothering you?”

“El was right…” I whispered, looking down. I didn’t have any hair to cover my face.

“What?” Louis asked, looking between Eleanor and I.

“I’m a girl!” I sighed and began explaining to them the entire story, not leaving out a single thing.

By the end of my story, Liam and Louis were dead silent not saying a single thing. My paranoia got the best of me and I began to freak out, “Please don’t tell anyone, I’m begging of you. I’ve worked so hard to get to where I am currently and I don’t want my stupid feelings to ruin this.”

“She also said if you told anyone she’d cut off your manhood and auction it on eBay,” Eleanor giggle, smiling brightly, “Her words… Not mine. Plus Louis, I kinda need that for tonight”

Louis blushed a deep shade of red, making Eleanor giggle even more.

“This is certainly a lot to take in,” Liam looked at me, a sad expression across his face, “You lied to us all, Callista.”

Danielle put her hand on Liam’s shoulder, “The only thing she lied to you about was her name, gender, and the fact that Caroline was her ex. Everything else she has ever told you guys has been 100% her. Babe, what if you had to lie for you to accomplish your dreams of singing? Would you do it?”

I quietly thanked Danielle for sticking up for me. I know it was hard for both her and Eleanor to stick up for me when their boyfriends wanted nothing more than to hate me.

“It still doesn’t change the fact that she lied to us, Dani,” Liam pointed out.

“Liam, I know I lied. If I knew you guys would have reacted this way, I wouldn’t even told you and would have just packed my bags and left. Being able to travel the world and do what I love has been a dream of mine for the longest time, just like it had been yours. I’m not asking you guys to be my best friends anymore. I’m not asking that you guys be as close to me as you were before. Frankly if I was in your position, I would want nothing to do with me after lying to you for so long. I’m just asking that you guys look past the fact that I lied and see my reasoning and continue to respect me as a person. I’m not asking for your undying love, I’m asking for your respect,” I replied. It took everything in me to not break down crying. This was not the time to be emotional.

After being quiet for such a long time, Louis finally spoke up, “I see where you’re coming from, but you need to look at this from our point of view. For the past two weeks we’ve had a girl pretending to be a guy on our bus. We’ve had someone who we thought we knew and could trust turn around and tell us they aren’t who we thought they were. We can’t just move on and accept it like the girls did. You aren’t the same to us anymore, Callista. We all trusted you. Niall trusted you! What will he say when he finds out?”

“PLEASE DON’T!” I finally broke down, “Please don't tell Niall. Please don't. I know where you guys are coming from. I understand everything you’re saying. This is just as hard for me as it is for you guys. To go from day to day having to lie to people who you have grown close to is the hardest task in the world. If you want me gone, just let me know now. I’ll pack my stuff up and get on the next plane to California. I’m so sorry.”

“You can’t go, ‘Lista! We just became so close!” Eleanor whined, urging me to not go, “Louis! Stop being so shallow and just accept Callista for who she is! She’s said she’s sorry a thousand times!”

“Eleanor! How can you stick up for someone you barely know?” Louis asked, his voice rising in anger.

“That’s the thing though, Louis! While I’ve been on tour I’ve gotten to know her for Callista and not Kyle. She’s one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She doesn’t deserve to be treated this way by you because she lied to fulfill her dream.”

“STOP!” I shouted, having enough. I stood up and walked over to my suitcase, “Please don’t fight over me. Neither of you deserve to be unhappy or mad at each other because of me. I’ve already ruined Caroline and Niall’s chance at ever being together, I’m not going to let you to fight.”

Danielle looked at me curiously, “What do you mean you ruined Caroline and Niall’s chance?”

“I took that picture and sent it to a bunch of people. I wanted the fans to go crazy and not accept her. I wanted them to scare her away so she’d stay away from Niall. I hated the thought of him with someone else, so I ruined whatever chance they had. It was stupid, selfish, and immature. Before you say anything, I know I’m going to every form of Hell there is. No need to remind me.”

I threw random things I had laying around the room into my suitcase. I was currently a walking disaster, a travesty. I was ruining relationships around me, I was ruining my relationships. You could call me a hurricane. I needed to get away from this tour and from these people. Soon they would all hate me and I wouldn’t be welcomed. If I left now I could tell the fans I had a family emergency I needed to attend to. My hair would grow out and I would continue my life like normal.

I’d lose all contact I had with the guys. I wouldn’t try to contact them and I’d pray to God they wouldn’t contact me. As far as they knew, Kyle Blake/Callista Blake was dead to the world. She didn’t exist anymore. They never knew who she really was and they wouldn’t have to worry about her.

I hated the feeling of being an emotional wreck. I hated that I was causing so much drama. It was so damn cliché that it bothered me. All four years of high school I made fun of the girls who created useless drama, and here I was doing just that.

“Callista… Wait,” Louis spoke up in the midst of my packing. I stopped and looked up at him, “I see where you came from. You took a moment to walk in our shoes and I’m going to take a moment to walk in yours. You were determined. You had ambitions and had the motivations to go out and make them a reality. I respect that about you. Sure, I wish you would have gone about it a different way that didn’t involve lying to us about it. But I do respect what you did.”

My tears stopped and I smiled slightly. I looked over to Liam, his expression unreadable. He nodded in agreement, “I agree with Louis. It does suck to know someone we all trusted so much lied to us. But I see where you were coming from. Plus, if Dani and Eleanor like you so much, you must be a good person.”

I couldn’t help myself, I jumped on top of Louis and hugged him tightly. After he hugged me back slightly, I moved over to Liam and hugged him as well.

“I know that was extremely awkward for you two and I know that we won’t be able to pick up our friendship where we left it, but thank you. Thank you for understanding and not completely hating my guts,” I gushed, relief sinking in.

“When are you going to tell the other guys?” Louis asked, wrapping his arms around Eleanor.

I sighed, my good mood disappearing, “That’s the thing… I don’t want to. I don’t want them to know. I was planning on going the entire tour without telling you guys.”

Liam sighed, “That’s fine. We have to start press damage control now, though. We don’t want to let the Niall and Caroline matter get too out of hands. I personally don’t see the relationship going anywhere, so we need to make sure everyone knows they aren’t dating.”

This was when the lying began again. As much as I wanted the guys to trust me and not feel like they were betrayed, I wanted nothing more than the Niall and Caroline drama to keep going. While Liam did damage control, I'd follow right behind him and ruined what he fixed. I wasn't done with this, and what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

For the rest of the day Louis and Liam were on edge around me. You could tell that they still weren’t completely comfortable with me and didn’t trust me all the way, yet. They weren't going to for a long while either. Both Eleanor and Danielle tried to make the situation less tense. Bless their hearts, but it didn’t seem to be working.

I knew I wasn’t going to continue to have the same relationship with Liam and Louis now that they knew, but that didn’t stop me from wishing I did. I wanted nothing more than to take it all back. To never tell them that I wasn’t a guy and to just have everything continuing on like had had been earlier that day. I wish that I hadn’t left Disneyland and would have just dealt with the “Misadventures Of An Irish Snowflake,” as Sugarscape had called it.

Today was a day that completely turned everything around. Nothing would go as smooth as silk from now on. Not only would I have to watch what Eleanor and Danielle said, but I’d have to watch out for Louis and Liam. Things just got a lot more difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW OK you would think after losing this chapter TWICE, I would learn to push save. But stupid babylon search engine and trying to uninstall it and restarting my computer ALKNFL UGH

So this chapter is complete rubbish. I despise it with every fiber of my being. After writing it for the third time, I finally just completely changed the plot and alas, you have this. I apologize that it's so terrible. I'm so mad at myself....

Thank you so much for your continuous support of this story, though. You're all wonderful!

Chapter Title Credit: Superhero- Cher Lloyd (Who I might meet tomorrow... :D)

Until next time (If I don't kill my laptop first), Sydney