*** Distance, Be Here

Chapter 4

‘It’s fine. I’m actually extremely happy you chose this time to text me. xx’ I bit my lip and drop my spoon into the bowl of colored milk, the last bits of my cereal melting on my tongue as I smile like an idiot. Which I shouldn't be, because I barely know him and he could be a creeper.

‘And why is that? c:’

I bring my bowl to my lips and chug the remaining milk down, mom's light steps padding into the kitchen. I hear the pour of coffee into porcelain and my phone buzzes next to me, making me drop my bowl quickly to answer.

'My mum has the idea to set me up with girls when I'm completely gay. xx' My lips set into a tiny frown. My mom would never do that to me. And holy shit...is he British? Because if he is I might die...because Brits are sexy. Just sayin'.

'Why don't you tell her no? ^_^'

"Well good morning to you too, Landon." I look up at my mom's sarcastic tone, smiling sheepishly.

"Morning, oh amazing, fantastic, beautiful lady." She rolls her eyes and sits down, grabbing a muffin from the basket in the middle of the island. Mom and I have always been close, even before dad left for a younger woman who had too many highlights. And when I came out, she was nothing but supportive, even though the other people around us thought it was a bad thing. She's looked at it almost as a blessing. Facing adversity in a strong way. Don't let them get us down, that's how we've always thought.

"We have to go to see your grandma today. Go get dressed." As much as I love my mother...I hate her mother. When my mom isn't in the room she looks like she wants to beat the gay out of my with her cane. Sliding from the stool, completely unhappy at today's schedule, I walk back up the stairs to my room, opening the new message from Dakota in the process.

'I don't want to disappoint her.xx'

'You shouldn't have to worry about that. She should respect your life. OH! Different topic. You're British, right? You said mum before. c:' Quickly dropping my phone onto my bed, I pull my shirt over my head and slip on a different tee from my closet, kicking my pajama pants off next and replacing them with skinny jeans. Another thing Grandma hates. She things I look even more like a gay kid...and a "hooligan" as she likes to call me when I push my long hair from my face. But I really could care less. She's gonna die in a couple years anyways. >_<

'Haha, I am, actually. You?xx' Like I said...sexy. As hell. And across the Atlantic Ocean. Ugh.

'Connecticut -_-' I slide my phone into my pocket and meet mom back in the kitchen, ready to get this day with grandma over with already.
♠ ♠ ♠
This. Is. So. Short.
I'm sincerely sorry, I've just been extremely busy and I just wanted to get something out for you guys (:
Next one will be longer! Way longer, probably

-Tay <3