*** Distance, Be Here

Chapter 5

“DAKOTA! Get down here.” My mum’s voice called up the stairs angrily. 'My mum has the idea to set me up with girls when I'm completely gay. xx' I flinch slightly, walking down stairs to the fire of the beast. Her blue eyes were wide in anger, and her nostrils were flared. This was not going to be fun.

“What did you do to that poor girl? She took her mother and stormed out of here! How am I ever supposed to keep friends?” I held back my scoff, she was not trying to make friends. She was trying desperately to change a part of me that couldn’t be changed. “That poor girl tried to rape me mum. I had to tell her to leave.”

There was a soft buzzing in my pocket and I wanted nothing more than to look at it.. but that would only make things worse wouldn’t it? A permanent scowl set on her face. “Would it of hurt you to kiss her a little bit?” Anger spread throughout my chest... How could she?

I shook my head. “No.. I’m sorry mum. I don’t like girls.” My nails dug into the palms of my hands... It took all I had to keep the rage inside my body. She just frowned, like she was sad about my answer... like she was sad about who I was.

“I’m.. I’m going to go to Jarrid’s.” I couldn’t be around her any more. Her face just reflected a look of deep.. disappointment. I can’t take this anymore, I walk out the door without another word.

'Why don't you tell her no? ^_^' I sigh, if only it was that easy. A sharp pain spread throughout my chest.

'I don't want to disappoint her.xx' I guess I didn’t do that very well did I? A soft sob built in my chest, and I felt tears run down my face. Not here... I can’t do this in the middle of the street. The sobs wracked my body as I collapsed on the pavement. Haven’t I tried? Haven’t I done everything she’s asked? Why can’t she just love me for me? I wrap my arms around myself.

“Oh dear. Dakota!” My blurry vision made out Jayme crouched down in front of me. “What happened?” She asked softly, I shook my head. Jayme let out a breath, pulling me up. “Let’s get you to Jarrid’s.” It didn’t take long to get there, considering we were less than a block away.

I was forced on the couch, with a stern looking Jayme and concerned looking Jarrid. I wipe my eyes, cringing from the rawness. “What happened? Did someone beat you up? Do we need to send Jarrid to go kick some arse?” She asked while touching the side of my face.

I roll my eyes, she’s so protective. She’ll make a good mum one day I sigh, moving away from her touch. “No one’s arse needs kicking, but thank you for offering Jarrid’s services. It’s just my mum, she brought another girl home. Slut almost raped me.” both their faces mirrored that furry I experienced.

“Again? Why can’t she just accept it.” Jarrid said through gritted teeth. I felt a small rush of appreciation for my friends. They really have been there for as long as I can remember. “I don’t know. I don’t really want to talk about it.” He nodded, and I pulled out my phone.

'You shouldn't have to worry about that. She should respect your life. OH! Different topic. You're British, right? You said mum before. c:'

'Haha, I am, actually. You? xx' A small smile spread across my face, something about this kid made me feel weird... in a good way. He is a kid right? Hell he might be like 20 something. Oh well. “Who are you talking to?” Jayme asked tauntingly. I feel heat rush to my face,. “That guy from earlier.”

Jarrid raised an eyebrow, “You met a guy?” I shook my head as Jayme laughed. “Some random person had the wrong number, apparently Kota here thinks it’s okay to text people you’ve never met.” She scolded me lightly. I let my hands up in defense. “Sorry! He seems okay.” They both shared a glance before giving me a look. I swear to hell they’re meant for eachother.

I roll my eyes before opening up another message. 'Connecticut -_-' I furrow my eyebrows, cocking my head to the side slightly. “Where is Connecticut?” I asked my friends, something about the name sounded familiar.. but I couldn’t put a name to it.

Jarrid looked at me like a was an idiot. “Did you not eat anything this morning mate? That’s a state in America.” A groan escaped my lips as I face palmed. Of course, I’m so stupid.

‘Oh so you’re American? xx’

“Movie time!” Jayme exclaimed, holding up a movie we had obsessively watched at least once a week for about 3 months now. Jarrid groaned. “Titanic. Not that movie again. How you two seen that bloody film enough?” Me and Jayme looked at each other thoughtfully before shaking our heads laughing.

‘Unfortunately, haha. >< You know I don’t even know how old you are. :P

I’m 18 actually. How about you? Not a 40 year old paedophile I hope. xx “Stop whining and go make us some popcorn while we oogle Leonardo Dicaprio.” I giggle slightly, while Jarrid went into his kitchen mumbling something about our ‘unhealthy obsession’ over that man. But who can help it! He’s just gorgeous in this movie.

‘Haha! Not even close. :D I’m 17. Soo... if anyone’s a paedophile it’s you. heh :3’ I smiled, god.. he’s kind of cute.

‘None here hah. Um, tell me about yourself? xx’ I cringe slightly. God, that sounded so stupid. Jayme looked at me interestedly. “You’re creeper text back?” I scoff. “He’s not a creep. He’s seventeen.” She looks at me annoyed.

“Prove it.” I roll my eyes. “How the hell am I supposed to do that?” She smirked at me-- like the answer was obvious. “Call him.” My eyes widen. “I-I can’t do that! What if he’s busy?” She shrugged. “It’s not like you know him. You won’t be losing anything.”

I stared in her eyes, a sigh left my lips. She wasn’t going to give up on this. “Fine, if that’s what you want.”

I gulped.. pressing he number-- lifting it slowly to my ear. It rang a couple of time before someone answered, as his voice about stopped my heart.

“Hello?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh. I'm terribly sorry this took so long to update .__.
Life happens.

I hope you all enjoy it though c:

Thanks so much for your feedback<3