Status: Sorry it's been so long. I started college and it has taken up more time than I thought it would. I will update over the summer as soon as I can

Father to Daughter

Chapter 1

I clapped hard as Jason walked across the stage and got his diploma. Mom took a picture and looked down and my beautiful daughter. I glanced down as well. “Mommy I want to see Daddy,” I picked her up and held her high so she could see Jason. “Daddy!” She screamed and Jason smiled and waved at her. I moved her off my shoulder once Jason had sat down. She wiggled out of my arms and we sat down. She picked up her blanky and quickly went down the two steps on the bleachers. I stood up and went after her.

“Haiden,” I said loud enough for her to hear me but not loud enough to disrupt the ceremony. She giggled and ran in-between the rows of students. She ran straight to Jason. He picked her up and set her on his lap. He whispered something to her and looked at me nodding. I sighed and sat back down. At the end of the ceremony I noticed that Jason didn’t throw his hat up. He walked over to us with Haiden in his arms. She was wearing his graduation cap.

“Congratulations,” I kissed him.

“Thanks and Miss Haiden has something she wants to say to you,”

“Sorry, I ran away Mommy,”

“It’s okay, Baby, just don’t do it again.” I kissed her forehead. She lay her head down on Jason’s shoulder and yawned, making the cap fall to the ground. I picked it up and told her not to fall asleep until we took pictures. We took the pictures involving Haiden and I first so I could hold her while she slept. They only took ten minutes and I tried to take Haiden from Jason she started screaming. Jason and I walked away from the group of people so they weren’t staring at us anymore.

“Haiden,” Jason knelt down and put her feet on the ground but kept hugging her to him. “I know you’re tired and want me to hold you but I need to take pictures with Grandma and Grandpa. You need to let Mommy hold you.” Haiden started crying harder and Jason picked her up again and lay her in his arms like a newborn and rocked her to sleep.

“This is nuts, Jason. She’s not listening.”

“Abii, she’s two, and she’s tired. I know you’re stressed but she’s not doing anything wrong.” He handed her to me and we went back to our family. We finished taking pictures and Jason and I took Haiden to his car. He drove us to his house for his open house. They had set almost everything up the night before. People were already showing up so I told Jason I would lay Haiden down in her room. I lay her down and covered her with a light blanket.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter let me know what you think. I don't know how to make a layout either so if someone could help me out with that it would be awesome:)

~Rach