Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Prying Eyes

He leaned back a little and pulled her back close to him. He glanced over to the nightstand and saw the still unopened pizza box. He stretched his arm to reach for it.

“We forgot about our dinner.” He smirked as he set the box in his lap for them to share. They each grabbed a slice. He enjoyed having her lay with him. In fact, he hadn’t been this content in a while. If he was enjoying it, then she most definitely was. She still couldn’t believe what had happened. They had kissed, and it only took him 12 years. Then she started to wonder about what would happen next and the expression on her face changed which wasn’t lost on him.

“Something wrong?” he asked breaking her from her thoughts.

“Oh, no. I’m fine.” She answered unconvincingly.

“You sure about that?”

She nodded and began to get up. “I’m gonna go change real quick.”

“All right….” He said setting up. “I’m thirsty. I’m gonna grab something to drink. Want anything?”

“Yeah, sure. Just a bottled water. Thanks.” She kissed his cheek and headed to change.

He hummed all the way to the refrigerator. He opened it up and quickly found her a bottle of water. He stood there for a second trying to decide what he wanted to drink and finally settled on a can of Mountain Dew. He stepped into the room where he’d been staying. He observed that she wasn’t in there, turned around, and went to her room. The door was cracked slightly he peered in to be sure it’d be okay for him to open the door. A smile began to form on his face at the sight before him. She stood with her back turned and with nothing on but some little black shorts and her bra. He watched for a second as she was in search of a t-shirt to throw on. She turned a little and he saw the tattoo that was painted down her ribcage. He liked the mix of colored stars and flowers. He wasn’t paying attention to how close he was leaning towards the door. When it creaked, she instantly turned to face him. ‘Shit.’ He cursed under his breath hoping he could’ve been able to admire her for just a couple more seconds.

“Got your water.” He said pushing the door the rest of the way open.

“Thanks.” She said kind of embarrassed that he was standing there and she wasn’t even fully dressed. She felt her cheeks redden as she stepped forward and took the bottle of water from his hand.

“I’ll go and let you finished getting dressed…” he said slipping towards the door.

“It’s okay….you can stay.” She reached for a black Cannibal Corpse t-shirt in the closet and slipped it on.

“Nice shirt.” He complimented as he popped the tab on his soda and guzzled it. They heard a surge and the power finally came back on. “Think the storm’s over now.”

She took a swig from her water and yawned, “I’m so tired.”

“We can call it a night if you want.” He offered.

“That sounds really good actually.” She nodded and sat on her bed. Another yawn escaped her.

“Well, good night, sweetie.” He bent down and kissed her forehead.

She sighed at the sensation, “You wanna maybe sleep in here tonight?”

He grinned in surprise, “If you want me to, I will.”

“I do.” She confirmed with a soft smile.

“Just let me go make sure everything’s turned off. I’ll be right back. Ok?”

He moved through the house quickly making sure all the lights were off and candles were blown out. When that was taken care of, he stepped into the guest bedroom, grabbed his phone, slid it in his pocket, and returned to her room where she was patiently waiting for him.

“Everything’s off.” He informed her taking his wallet and phone out of his pocket and placing them on her dresser. She then watched as he slid his torn up jeans off and pulled his t-shirt over his head. She pulled back the covers on her bed allowing him to lie down. He smiled, turned the light off, and climbed under the covers. She shivered a little when his arm wrapped around and he pulled her up against his chest.