Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

You Better Not Take Off

*Back to the Present*

He woke up sometime early in the morning with his face nestled in her hair. ‘God, she smells good.’ He thought to himself tightening the grip he had around her waist. She rolled over in her sleep and was now facing him. He smiled groggily and tried to fall back asleep.

When she finally opened her eyes they landed on him as he was busy trailing kisses on her shoulders, neck, and arms.

“Well, good morning…” she yawned.

“Morning.” He smiled stopping what he was doing. “You sleep ok?”

“Mmmhmm.” She nodded. “You?”

“Yeah. Great.” She laughed at him. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothin….you just look pretty cute with your hair all over the place like that.” She explained as she raked her fingers through his unruly locks.

“You’re looking pretty good yourself.” He winked and planted a kiss on her lips. She gladly kissed him back allowing her lips to part a little bit granting his tongue access to her mouth. She felt a hand slide up her abdomen and his other hand on her hip. They pulled apart from their liplock finally. Both of them breathing heavily, she said, “I gotta take a shower.”

He sighed, “oh…all right…I’m going to go ahead and make some calls. Get those over with.”

“’kay”

He watched her walk away towards her master bathroom. She shut the door and turn the shower on to let it warm up. When she stepped inside and let the water wash over her, a million thoughts raced through her mind. ‘What are we doing? What are we? A couple? I don’t know……He’s still married for fuck’s sake. He could just go back to her any minute……..He probably will….’ She sighed. ‘I swear to God, Corey Taylor, if you just take off on me……’ Finally, she stopped the whirlwind of thoughts, and got her shower finished. With a towel wrapped around her, she set off to find some clothes to put on. Blue jeans and a black tube top seemed like a good option for the day so she threw them on. She was still towel drying her hair some when she walked into the hall. She stopped upon hearing his voice echo as he talked on the phone.

“Yeah….just whatever I need to do to get this taken care of. Mmmhmmm. Sounds good. Draw those papers up and get them faxed to me. I’ll sign them and send em back. Yeah, man, I need the fastest divorce in fuckin’ history. Thanks.”

‘Ok…..so maybe he’s not going to leave.’ She thought hopefully and stood there somewhat entranced.

“Hey.” He blurted out somewhat loudly snapping her out of it.

“Huh? What?” she was still mindlessly rubbing the towel on her head to dry her hair.

“I said ‘Hey’….” He chuckled and shook his head. “You cleaned up?”

“Mmmhmmm.” She nodded and he encompassed her into a tight hug.

“You smell real good.” He whispered kissing her neck. “Now it’s my turn. I’m gonna get cleaned up and go by Shawn’s…You wanna come with?”

“I do….but I need to go by the store and check on things.” Even on her days off she wanted to go check on her store. The store Corey helped her start a few years ago. To call it a comic book store….or movie store…..or music store……would be short changing it. It literally had everything.

He nodded, “Fair enough. Want me to drop you off on my way to Shawn’s? I’d like to check it out anyway…”

“Why do I have a feeling that even if I say ‘No’….you’re going to end up doing it anyway?” She smiled up at him.

“Cause I will.” He flashed a smile and raised his eyebrows. “I’ll be ready in ten.”

He was right. Within about ten minutes, he was dressed and ready so they took off. He pulled in front of her store. “I won’t be long.” She nodded and reached for the door handle. “Hey….how about I see if the guys wanna come over tonight? It’s been a while since they’ve seen you. Could be fun.”

“Fine with me.” She said leaning in the window of his car. “See you in a bit?”

“You can count on it.” He winked.