Status: please no hate XD i know my grammar sucks and im a shit writer XD

Don't Leave Me Alone in This Bed

Wonderless

*Samuel’s POV*
After a restless night of planning my date with Jasey, I was ready. Not just physically, also mentally. Today I was going to get her to say those 3 little words. I decided that I would keep Jasey around, not dump her like the others, just to piss Mara off. I felt comfortable around her and I liked her company, so why not make it serious. I looked at the clock, it was 9:30, so I had 30 minutes to spare. It only took 15 minutes to walk to my destination, what was I going to do for the last 15? Whatever, I’ll just wait. I put my headphones on and started to head towards the park. I was listening to music when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I took it out and read the text message.

‘Did Mathieu sleep at your house last night?’ it read, it was a text from Matt’s mom.

‘No, he did not.’ I texted back.

I turned off my phone and put it back into my pocket. Today was all about Jasey and I. I wasn’t going to let nothing get in the way, especially Mathieu.
_______

“You’re here early.” I said as I sat down beside Jasey on the bench.”Ugh, I hate walking, I had to walk 25 minutes just to get here.” I said and poked her playfully. She giggled.

She was looking pretty damn fine tonight. She wore white shorts with black vans and a blue button up shirt she had rolled up to her elbows. She had her long brown hair tied up into a messy bun. And she smelt so good, like vanilla? She smelt like my mother. The sent made my stomach swirl, but not in a good way.

“Well come on, we have a date!” I said and smiled. I grabbed her hand and we headed towards town. We walked side by side making small talk. We talked about everything and nothing. I told her to close her eyes as we started getting closer to our destination. Once we arrived, I told her to open them. She opened her eyes and scanned her surroundings.”You’ve brought me to an arcade.” she said.

“You’ve never been to an arcade before. Here’s the deal, if you beat me I’ll buy you ice cream.” I said.

“Deal, but don’t go easy just because I’m a girl.” she grinned.

“A pass for 2.” I told the guy in the booth. I handed him the money and took the pass, then turned around. No sight of my date. I chuckled, she was just like a child sometimes. I walked around, looking at all the games. I remember when I use to come here with Matt, spending hours playing the games and wasting our money. I would always beat him, he would get so mad. I smiled at the thought of his mad face. I was lost in my thoughts until Jasey’s voice startled me.

“Sam! Get over here so we can see who wins this bet!” I turned around to see Jasey in back of me with a basketball in her hands.

“Oh, bad choice, miss Jasey. I used to be on the basketball team.” I winked.

“Then let’s see those skills bad boy, best two out of three?” she asked.

“Deal.” I said and we started to play. After two rounds, I was defeated. She was on the floor, laughing.

“I have never seen someone as bad as you at basketball.” she said, trying to catch her breath.

“Shut up, I always sucked at gym.” I said, crossing my arms.

“I’m sorry! It’s just too funny!” she said, then started started to laugh once again. The way she was laughing made everyone around us laugh and soon enough I was smiling.

“I’ll kick your butt in other games.” I said and she roared with more laughter.

“That’s what you said before the game we just played.”

“Haha, no really come on.” I said, slightly annoyed. I was scared to get kicked out. For the rest of our date, we laughed at nothing and everything. We played almost every game and lost all of them. We only ended up winning about 30 tickets. We agreed that if we got enough ticket, we would buy the giant stuffed banana but it was a 1000 tickets, we weren’t even close to having that much. We spent most of the time laughing at the weird dude at the ticket booth.

“Well, I guess we both suck at arcade games.” she said. I looked at her with the most serious expression.

“You think?" I said and we started to laugh once again.

“What time is it? I’m starting to get hungry?” she asked.

“It’s uh, 1:30.” I said, looking at my watch.

“Really? Time just flew by. Someones also owes me ice cream.” She poked me in the stomach.

“Yes, yes my queen, but instead of ice cream we’ll get lunch. Follow me, I know this really good restaurant.” I took her hand, smiling. We walked to the restaurant in a comfortable silence. We entered the building and sat down at the booth. Finally, the silence was broken.

“Where do you live? I mean, how did it take 25 minutes to walk to the park.” she asked.

“It usually takes 10 to 15 minutes but I ran into a cat with two different colored eyes and I just had to take a picture. Let me show you!” I said, taking out my phone. I saw that I had one unread message.

‘Oh sorry, it’s just that Mathieu didn’t come home last night. I was hoping hoping he was at your house, he won’t pick up his phone. I don’t know where he is." the message read, it was from Matt’s mom.

What? I checked when it was sent and it said 10:01. It was now 1:45, was he home by now? My heart started racing and my head started spinning. I texted her back asking if he was home now. 5 minutes passed. 10 minutes. I started to get really agitated. I was getting more worried by the minute. I felt my cellphone vibrate. I clicked it open and one word was written. The last word I wanted to see.

It read ‘no’.

I stood and went over to Jasey.

”I’m sorry, I had fun but I need to go.” I kissed her forehead and put some money on the table and sprinted out of the restaurant.

Oh Matt, where the fuck are you? Why isn’t he home? Many questions went trough my head, I couldn’t think straight. All I did was run. I didn’t know where I was going, all I knew was that I need to go froward.

Don’t fail me now, legs.

Before I realized where I was, my legs stopped and my throat started to burn and so did my lungs. I was in front of a playground, but not just any playground. It was the one me and Matt used to play in when we were young. We spent a lot of our childhood years here.

“Matt?”