Nuclear Genocide

Chapter Six

The truck came to a stop near a gas station. They all climbed out and drew their guns. Bane hopped out of the back of the truck and stood near Alfonse.

"Okay, you guys check that gas station store. I'll be at the front door watching." Alfonse said.

"Okay, and remember guys. Be as quite as possible. If you can kill a Genome silently then do so, run if you can't" Kristy said. Everyone nodded as the walked to the open door. Jermaine signaled John to go first. John nodded and drew his Valtro PM5 and went in. After about a minute he said.

"Okay it's clear." Jermaine went in first followed by Kristy. Alfonse and Bane stood in front of the door.  They went through the store collecting snacks and other foods around the store.

"Not much here, let's move on." Jermaine said.

"There is a boarded up house across the street." Kristy said. Jermaine shook his head.

"There could be people in there. I don't want to start a fight."

"You dope look at it. There's a giant hole in the side. Trust me it's vacant." Kristy pointed to the far right side of the house. As she said a big hole was taken out, big enough for a Genome to walk through. Jermaine nodded.

"Okay then. Alfonse get over here." Alfonse walked up to Jermaine with Bane at his side.

"So what's the plan?" John asked.

"Well, let's make as simple as possible. Alfonse, we will go through the hole. Kristy and you take the front door." He said. John nodded. They started to move out of the gas started and headed towards to the house. Jermaine, Alfonse and Bane headed towards the hole while Kristy and John walked up the stairs to the front door. Jermaine went through the hole first. He looked around and found nothing.

"Is it clear?" Alfonse asked.

"Yeah come in." Jermaine said lowering his gun. Alfonse stepped in followed by Bane.

"Okay so now what?" He asked.

"I'm going to go into this other room and search. You do the same for this room. Take anything that can be traded." Jermaine said. Alfonse nodded and started to search. Jermaine went into the next room. John and Kristy had made it into the house and began searching the top floor.

"Any luck?" John asked. He just left one of the bed rooms. Kristy stepped out of another one.

"So far I've found a box of 9mm and a few shotgun shells." She handed John the shells. "But I haven't found anything useful yet."

"Same here, I'm going to try in the kitchen. There should be some food that hasn't spoiled in it. You search the last bedroom." Kristy nodded. John walked down the stairs as she went into the next room. When John got into the kitchen he saw the refrigerator door was wide open. "God damn it. Well maybe the freezer will be better off."

"I've got nothing." Alfonse said. As he walked into the room Jermaine was in. Jermaine stood up.

"I found an old Colt 45. It's a little rusted but I think it still works." He handed it to Alfonse. He took out the magazine.

"It looks like it was only fired once." Alfonse said. As e put the gun on his hip a loud yell from John could be heard up stairs. Jermaine drew his MP7 and ran up stairs with Alfonse and Bane on his heels. Kristy was the first to get to the kitchen followed by Jermaine, Alfonse and Bane. When they got in they saw frozen Genome on top of John. Kristy kicked it off of him.

"Are you okay John?" Jermaine asked. John nodded.

"Yeah I'm okay. I'm sorry, it just scared me." He said. Jermaine looked around.

"Well we better get out of here. I think the Genome's will be on their way soon. As they went to the front door Jermaine saw a Genome wondering to the hole in the house. "Damn it. One is coming to the hole."

"So? It's just one" Alfonse said.

"Genome's are never alone." Kristy said. John looked out of the peephole of the door.

"Yeah, we're going to have to think our way out of here. About fifteen or twenty Genomes are heading towards this house. I don't think we want to attract attention."

"I think your right John. Everyone head up stairs, we'll climb down the back." Jermaine said pulling something out of his bag.

"What's that?" Alfonse asked.

"It's a homemade grenade this will attract them while we make our escape."

"Nice thinking." They all ran up stairs and headed to the bedroom farthest to the left. Kristy climbed down first using the window to drop down to the ground. John was next followed by Alfonse. Bane jumped down and landed in the bushes below. Jermaine cooked the grenade then threw it into the hall. It exploded as he jumped out of the window landing in the bushes as well.

"Alright everyone, move!"

<b>Meanwhile with Drake and Leah</b>

Drake was driving down the vacated street in the Marauder. They have had little Genome contact and were enjoying the silence.

"We're getting close to their last transmission area, be alert." Leah said. Drake nodded. They drove for a few more minutes until Leah spotted an over turned Hummer H1. Food and other supplies could be seen scattered around.

"Well, we've found the supply vehicle." Drake said. Leah nodded as the came to a stop. They both got out a searched the Hummer for any materials, putting them in their bags.

"Well we've gotten what's left. Check a little bit around the perimeter." Leah said throwing the bags into the Marauder. They looked around for anymore place where supplies could be found but had no luck.  

"Alright let's head back, I don't feel like meeting up with any Genomes." Drake said. Leah turned to him.

"Alright let's go." As they walked to the car started looking over his shoulder. "What's the problem?"

"I'm not sure." Drake raised his sniper and looked around. He noticed his scoop was shaking more than usual. "Shit. Leah let's go, now."

"Wait. What do you see?" Drake didn't answer he ran towards the car and opened the door but before he could get in he was grabbed from underground. He quickly pulled out one of his Scorpion sub machine guns from his side and fired at the hand. The hand was obliterated by the bullets and a scream of pain could be heard as the Genome withdrew what was left of his hand.

"Awe now that not nice." A voice said behind Leah. She whirled around aiming her AK at the source. Her eyes narrowed.

"Daemon Winters. What is he doing here" She said. Daemon smiled at her as an army of Genome walked from behind him heading to them. A Juggernaut Genome dug himself out of the ground. Blood dripped from its destroyed hand. It roared with rage as it charged at Leah.