Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!

Repeating Apologies

2

Alan headed to the stage and was confused when he saw a different band on stage in front of a medium sized crowd. He headed up the side stage and pulled aside one of the roadies.

“Isn’t this our sound check?”

The roadie shook his head no, “It was but then warped got a new band. Sound check for you is after their set.”

Austin showed up behind Alan and smiled, “Hey, I forgot to tell you. Sound check got changed.”

Alan rolled his eyes and smiled, “Kind of realized.

“Who’s the new band?” Austin asked the roadie.

He yawned, “Teenage Scream” then headed off to do whatever.

Alan was going to go back to the bus but Austin asked him to stay and watch with him. Alan agreed and they stood by the side of the stage. His eyes widened when he saw the green haired girl, jump out from the other side of the stage and shout into the mic.

“How are we all doing today? It’s fucking hot but anyways we’re Teenage Scream and we’re here to rock the fuck out of you!”

“That’s here!” Alan yelled and pointed at Galaxy.

She smiled out to the crowd and introduced everyone in the band then she opened her mouth to sing. Alan and Austin both watched the whole set. Alan was amazed at how beautiful her voice was even when she was screaming it sounded like a masterpiece. He kept his eyes on her the whole time, never looking away.

“Pretty good, huh?” Austin nudged him with his elbow, taking Alan out of his trance.

Alan stumbled then regained his composer, “Huh? Oh yeah.”

Austin snickered, “Don’t look now lover boy, here she comes.”

“Stalking me now, eh?” Galaxy spoke standing directly in front of Alan, “Oh and you brought a friend.”

“Loved your set. I’m Austin Carlile.”

She smiled, “Galaxy.”

“I wasn’t stalking you. It was supposed to be our sound check.” Alan stated making it sound it bit rude.

Her smile dropped and she mumbled a goodbye before heading back to Teenage Scream’s bus. Austin punched Alan’s shoulder and he groaned, not because it hurt but because like always he said the wrong thing in the wrong way. Out of nowhere Hesher appeared and grabbed a fistful of Alan’s shirt.

“Look here ya ginger twat. My sister gets her feelings hurt very easily so you’d better watch what ya say, cause’ if I hear that you hurt her feelings again I’ll fuckin’ kill ya.” He snapped angrily.

Hesher stormed off towards the bus after his baby sister.

“Shit man.” Austin mumbled.

Alan groaned, “I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings.”

“Hey, don’t even worry about it. I love the girl but she takes things a bit too personally at times.” Gavin appeared, adjusting his hat on his head.

Austin grinned wide, “Now we have two gingers.”

“Better for stealing souls.” Gavin chuckled.

Alan smiled and nodded then saw the last member of Teenage Scream , Sam. He wiped the sweat off of his face with a towel then glared over at Gavin.

“She doesn’t take things too personally. You don’t even know her that well. You’re just that kid that had enough experience to be in the band. We could replace you like that and we will if you keep running your fucking mouth like that.” Sam glared down at Gavin who remained quiet.

Sam headed towards the bus and Gavin mumbled something about going to get something to drink. Austin and Alan both got ready for sound check.

***

During OM&M’s sound check, Alan kept messing up over and over again. No matter how hard he tried to play correctly he couldn’t and it was irritating the hell out of him. The notes he always played were no longer flawless as they once had been.

“You okay?” Valentino questioned looking a bit worried about his friend.

Alan nodded, “Fine. Just keep messing up for some reason.”

“Maybe it has something to do with that girl.” Phil chuckled.

Alan stuttered, “Wh-what? What girl?”

“Oh you know, the girl you like. The one with green hair from the new warped band, Teenage Scream. ” Austin smiled.

Alan groaned, “I don’t like her.”

“Oh you don’t?” Austin furrowed his eyebrows.

He shook his head, “well I do but-”

“So you do like her.” Phil nodded.

Alan let out a frustrated groan then stormed off the stage, shouting to them that he had to go do something really fast but would be back for show time. He ignored fans stating that he’d sign later, as he made his way to the Teenage Scream bus. His knuckles turned white with how hard he was knocking on the door.

“Who is it?” Galaxy spoke in a sing song voice as she opened the door.

Her smile dropped when she saw Alan, “Oh it’s you.”

“Hi.” He finally spat out after a minute.

She raised an eyebrow at him, “Hi.”

“Look I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for that to come out rude it’s just I was not myself at the moment and I don’t know what came over me but I just wanted to let you know that I’m sorry and I’ll make it up to you if you’d like. Like maybe a movie or dinner or dinner and a movie if you’d like.” He rambled on.

She giggled softly and nodded, “I’d love dinner and a movie.”

“Great. Um when are you free? You should give me your number or maybe I’ll give you mine. Whichever is easier or I could just-“

Alan was cut off by Galaxy putting her hand over his mouth and taking his phone out of his front pocket. She quickly typed her number into his IPhone then placed it back into his hands.

“Text me.” She smiled then shut the door, leaving him in awe.

Alan stood there for a moment before turning around and heading back to the stage. He handed his phone to his tour manager before heading onto stage for OM&M’s set. He played a bit better than he did out sound check but still he was off of his game which of course made the rest of the band tease him a bit. Austin toned it down a bit since he was the closest to Alan but the others still went in full swing, teasing him about Galaxy.

He did his best to ignore it, acting like it didn’t affect him. He kept his mind on other things like Galaxy. He was excited for going out with her, he’d never asked a girl out and this would be his first official date. Was it a date or was it just a simple dinner and movie thing that friends do? He got lost in his own thoughts and before he knew it OM&M were on their last song which just happened to be Let Live. Alan looked up into the crowd to see right on the outskirts was Galaxy. She was sipping on a bottle of water and watching the set.

His heartbeat faster, he wondered how long she had been watching. Did she see how bad he was sucking right now? He started strumming and tried his hardest not to mess up. Alan couldn’t take his eyes off of Galaxy and he assumed that he probably looked ridiculous just strumming his guitar and staring at some girl in the crowd. As soon as the song was over Alan couldn’t wait to get off stage, even though they had to go to a signing he was just happy not to be on the stage. For the first time he had felt the pressure being on stage, and it was all because of the green haired beauty in the back.