Status: In the works.

Waiting for my sun to shine.

We all roll along.

--Layla--

The sound of my alarm clock beeping woke me up immediately. I slid my hand out from under the covers, finding the off switch on the alarm clock, I practically slammed my hand down on it. Waking up early has never been my cup of tea. To put it bluntly, I sucked at it. Every aspect of it made me want to punch something. That being said, I was generally a very calm person, a little sensitive, but calm.

I pushed the thick covers off of me, as I sat up, and let out a relieved sigh. Today was moving day- June 26; as far as I was concerned, today was going to mark one of the best days and memories of my life, possibly even the best. I'd just have to wait and see. After rubbing my eyes and making sure I was awake at this ungodly hour, I pushed some of the long, brown hair out of my face. Thoughts flooded my head as I sat there, not wanting to get up. Was this all going to work out? Or would I have to come crawling back to Colorado after spending a pathetic, failure of a week in Arizona? Or what if I didn't make any friends? What if I got fired on my first day of work at the recording studio? I shook my head, trying my best to push the negative thoughts to the back of my head. "Layla, stop being such a baby, you're 20 years old, God." I tried to tell myself as I felt a tear run down my cheek. As I wiped away the single tear, I took a deep breath. I could do this, and I would. Even if my mom, dad, and everyone else in our small town doubted me, I knew that I was strong enough to prove them all wrong. And I would make sure of that.

I climbed out of my bed, and walked over to the chair sitting beside my now empty closet. I took off my pyjamas, shoved them in my back pack, and quickly changed into today's outfit- a sheer, royal blue top, with some plain black shorts, and a pair of black flip flops.

--

As we pulled up to the air port, my mom in the front seat, me in the passenger seat, and my dad at home, I tried my best not to start crying. It hurt knowing my dad didn't care enough to at least say goodbye to me, instead, he just stayed home. I got out of my mom's car, to see her already bringing my multiple suit cases around to my side of the car. By the looks of it, she wanted me out of here too, as soon as possible.

"Uh, thanks, mom.." I told her, reluctantly.

"No problem sweetie! I don't think you need help carrying these in there, there's not that many bags,
right Layla?"

Inside I wanted to freak out, but outside I kept my cool, "Yeah, sure. I can carry all of this on my own, mom."

She smiled at me, seeming content that I had lied to her, "Alright, perfect! Bye Layla, have fun, and be safe. Call every once and a while."

Holding in tears, I nodded at her. I couldn't believe she was actually going to just send me off like this, not even hug me goodbye, or at the very least walk me into the airport. I turned away, struggling to drag so many suit cases and bags across the parking lot and into the air port. I wouldn't even wave bye to her at the very least, not after what she and my dad had just done. I was glad to be getting out of there, hell, I couldn't wait to land in Arizona.

--

As I found the right section of the airport, with a little help from the security guard who offered to help me carry some of my stuff, I set the bags beside a chair, and he did the same.

"Thank you so much," I told him sincerely.

"It's my pleasure, if you need anything else there are security guards and other workers walking around all over the place, just ask one of them, and they'll be happy to assist you."

"Thank you very much, I'll be sure to do that," I told him, sitting down as he walked away.

Now all that was left to do was wait. I pulled out my iPhone, and started playing temple run. I was in desperate need of a distraction, I was so eager to finally board my flight, and get the hell out of cold, miserable Colorado. Noticing a hair tie on my wrist, I stopped my game to put my hair up, knowing I would be waiting for a while. I took another deep breath, I couldn't stress how excited I was. Arizona would be my much needed fresh start.
♠ ♠ ♠
So obviously when it says "--insert name--" it means it's their point of view.
Sorry it's not the best, I've working on my writing a lot. I'm used to writing in third person, so there MIGHT be some mistakes regarding that, but I'll read over them as best as I can. If there are any big mistakes that I haven't taken care of after posting a chapter, please let me know nicely!
Also sorry that the first chapter had no John or any of the other boys, you can be expecting that in chapter number two. This one was just to get you familiar with Layla, what her parents are like, etc.
Chapter two will be BETTER!
So yeah, if you're reading this and plan on reading more, thank you! I love you! And if not, I still love you for at least giving my first chapter a look.
Please subscribe and comment with what you think! :)