Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

The Boys Meet

Johnny's POV
I slowly came to when they started cheering. I hear the announcer say that the boys school had won. That wasn't really a surprise. I moaned in pain trying to get myself up.

"What are you looking for?" I hear someone shout and then I heard footsteps close to me.

"Help." I moan hoping they heard me. The footsteps come closer and a guy from the other team stands over me.

"Johnny." he says quietly running to me and bending down over me. I scan his face as he helps me sit up. Five more guys come up behind him and one rushes over to help me stand.

"Holy balls." one says which confuses me.

"This is because of Elizabeth isn't it?" another says and I see the first on narrow his eyes at him.

"Zach, I don't have time for you." He says coldly. The guy who was Zach narrows his back and walks towards me.

"I know you don't. Elizabeth needs help." Zach mumbles looking at what I knew was a bruised face. It all came back to me in a rush. June was alive. My baby sister was alive but I let her get taken again.

"What do you know about any of this?" the second guy questions.

"What is even going on?" a red headed boy asks just as confused. The first one sighs and glances up at his friends. I guess he knew what was happening.

"Elizabeth is Johnny's sister." He says and Zach turns to face him.

"Wait, I knew she was in trouble but she never would fess up. She's June?" Zach says glancing from me to that guy. I felt my strength coming back a lot quicker so I spoke up.

"Yes, she June. And Leon has her. And I have to get to them." I say quickly trying to get my thoughts together.

"I have my car here. Let's go." The second says and I stare at them all in surprise. I knew I was going after June but they are willing to do the same? Who were these guys?

"I don't even know where to go." I say my heart dropping knowing I've failed her yet again.
"We'll go to the school. Maybe he took her back there. I mean, he searched ya'll house for something. He must want something maybe it's in ya'lls room. It can't hurt to search." A guy says and I stare at him in disbelief. How in the world he came up with that was beyond me.

"It's the only thing we got. I'll call Howard on the way." I say and the guy leads us to his car.

"I'm Scotty by the way." The guy says as he jumps in the driver seat. They let me sit in the passenger seat and they was commotion in the back and I see the guy who helped me and Zach glaring at each other from their seats.

"That's Joey and Zach. They hate each other. They used to be friends but then Zach hooked up with Joey's girlfriend. She was horrible so I think we secretly like that but Joey was heart broken. He lost a girl and his friend all at once." Scotty says watching me as I glance at them.

"Seems stupid to end a friendship over a girl." I remark turning back around.

"You would think that but Zach got in a wreck with her that night. She didn't make it." Scotty whispers and I glance over my shoulder once more. A guy had sat between the two and I faced Scotty yet again.

"Zach was pretty torn up. He said some awful things to Joey who was really just trying to be there for him. They both had lost a someone they cared for and somehow that made them turn against each other. I came the next year and met Joey. We clicked like that. Zach hates me because he thinks I took his spot but I think that if they would just both let go of their pride and anger they could be friends." Scotty says glancing in his mirror.

"And the other boys?" I say looking back.

"Ron, the red head. Chris, the blond one and Jake is the other one." Scotty says turning down a street.

"You all really like June huh?" I ask trying to figure out why they are so willing to help.

"She's like my sister. I have a sister actually, but I never get to see her. E has always reminded me of her." Scotty says smiling at the thought. It took me a moment to figure out who E was but then I realized they knew June by a different name.

"She has had a good time at your school then?" I say tears forming in my eyes so I glance out the window. I knew Scotty was looking over at me but I refused to face him. I felt so pathetic. I had thought she was dead. I should have known. Leon, her freaky stalker, figured it out but not me and that Joey kid must of figured something out for him to know me.

"I think so. We enjoy having her. She's like a sister to all of us. Except Joey. It'd be weird if he saw her like that." Scotty says chuckling at his thought but then stopping as if he remembered why they were in such a rush.

"Scotty, can you make this thing go faster?" Joey says tapping his foot impatiently. I kind of agreed with the guy. I wanted to go as fast as I could.

"We're almost there." Scotty says but I could tell that he stepped down a little harder on the gas pedal.

"Johnny, maybe you should call Howard now." Joey says facing me and I was surprised at how causal he addressed me.

"I don't have his number. I thought I did but I got rid of it." I mumble kicking myself in the face. It hurt to even look at that number anymore because I felt like he had failed all of us just as much as I had failed June at the time.

"I think I might of wrote it down somewhere when she told me he wasn't her dad." Joey mumbles more to himself than anyone else but we all heard him.

"How do you know so much about all this?" I question turning around to face him.

"She and Howard were fighting one night and she came in the room upset so I asked her about it and she talked to me. Plus she kept having these dreams and she talks in her sleep." Joey says like it was no big deal.

"You're her roommate?" I ask and Joey nods slowly.

"So she just told you she was June?" Chris says and from the way he talked he sounded very unsure.

"No. She said for her safety and mine I couldn't know everything but I'm not stupid. They put a picture of her up on the TV almost every newscast. All you had to do was look. Her eyes are just the same and that silly fake smile she does. Plus some stuff she said clicked with it and she did slip up a lot when it came to her story. I think she just got comfortable that she started to forget she was playing a part." Joey says sighing at the very thought. I bite my lip and glance at his eyes. You could tell he was lost in his memories.

"You love her." I say quietly and Joey meets my eyes. It finally clicked to me. Joey was in love with her and the other guys saw her the way I did. They weren't going to let anything happen to her.

"Yeah, I do." Joey says and he turns from me to look out the window. A hush had came over the van at his declaration of love and no one seemed to know how to react.

"We're not going to let her go. She's going to be fine." Zach says quietly not even looking at Joey but looking out the window. I knew could tell that Zach meant what he said. He wasn't going to mess up Joey's life by letting him lose someone he loved. Not again.

I glanced at Zach who had leaned his head against the window and then Joey who had laid his head in his hands but I could still see the tears falling. I faced towards the front and let some of my own fall. We're coming for you June. None of us is going to let you go. We're going to save you or we're going to die trying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I decided to do this in Johnny's Point of View instead of Joeys. This way you know what's going on with them and with Izzy. Comment!(: And thanks so much for the comments I've had. As for on the last chapter note, I asked some stuff feel free to comment on that as well but I think I might of changed my mind but I'm not sure so tell me what you think. Please, I beg you. I love you for reading and thank you.