Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

Our teacher's a girl?

"Rise and Shine." Joey says throwing a pillow at me. One day, I will destroy all the pillows in this room, with the exception of mine.

"Go away." I groan rolling over before sitting up slowly. Joey flashes a grin my way and I glare at him.

"You are not a morning person." Joey says laughing at me.

"I thought you weren't." I say squinting at him meanly.

"I am most of the time, but not when I wake up to yelling and nonsense." Joey says smiling at me.

"I'm going back to bed." I say laying back down.

"You can't. It's Monday. Ms. Smith sent your schedule to our room." Joey says tossing me a packet of papers that I catch and see that he has already opened it. It was a student handbook and my schedule.

"I don't know where any of my classes are." I say groaning as I see I have Spanish first.

"Lucky for you; you have every class except three with me. And those three you have with Scotty." Joey says handing me a paper. I look down at it to see his schedule.

He and I both start with Spanish 2, then we go to Algebra 2. After that I have A.P Government and he has Computer Applications. I then go to English 3 where I will be with him once more. We then split up and he goes to A.P. Government and I go to Music Appreciation. He goes to Music Appreciation after that and I have Computer Applications. We finally end up in Chemistry together.

I groan once more and hand him his schedule as I stand up to find some clothes. I don't even bother to look at the clock. I know it is early. I start digging through my dresser to find some clothes. I head into the bathroom and get dressed and do my makeup. Soon, I won't have to worry about a lot of makeup; my bruise was leaving. I was glad about that. I walk out of the bathroom to see Joey standing there shirtless. I look him over once and then once again. Damn, this boy is fine.

"I have nothing to wear." Joey complains upon seeing me.

"I just washed all of your clothes." I say pulling my eyes away from his chest.

"Pick something out for me." Joey whines and I roll my eyes but walk towards him to help.

"Why not this one?" I say holding up a plaid shirt.

"I wore that last Monday." Joey whines while digging through more clothes.

"You are so picky and whiny today." I say digging through the stuff he has thrown out of his dresser. I pick up a batman shirt and tap him on his shoulder. He turns around and I hold it up smiling.

"What? I like superheros." He says turning back around. I smack him on the back of his head and he turns back to stare at me.

"Wear it." I say throwing it at his face and turning away from him. I find the book bag and supplies that I bought at the mall and throw things into it. I figured I would be getting my books in class today since Ms. Smith didn't send them to my room.

"Thanks for the help." Joey says squeezing me from behind. I scream as he lifts me up and spins me around.

"You're going to make me sick." I say laughing as he throws me on the bed.

"Oh yeah, how are you feeling now?" Joey says looking concerned at me. I look away from him and turn back to my book bag. I was hoping they would forget about that. I hated lying to him. He was so sweet, and I really cared about him. I'm so screwed.

"I'm fine." I say as my stomach growls loudly.

"Let's go get breakfast. I told the guys we'd meet them there." Joey says picking up his book bag from the floor. I look at the mess he left from his clothes and roll my eyes. I was going to be doing all the cleaning, that much was clear. I follow him out of our room and to the elevator.

"Hey Elizabeth." the group of guys that were getting out of the elevator says and I look at them strangely. I felt like a celebrity here.

"How do they know my name?" I mumble to Joey once we got into the elevator alone.

"Get used to it. You're like famous here." Joey says laughing as I step closer to him when guys start of fill in the elevator from the floor below us.

"Izzy, get behind me." Joey says and I step behind him so no one else could see me. I did not want to keep going on like this. I guess things would get better after a while. They have to get used to me right?

"ELIZABETH!!!" Jake yells loudly once we walk into the cafeteria. Every head turns to Joey and me, I glance at him and march proudly to the table with the guys. I make sure to smack Jake on the head before I take my seat beside Chris.

"What was that for?" Jake says as Joey sits next to me after hitting Jake's arm.

"She would like to be unnoticed." Scotty says handing us some food. They were kind enough to get our plates so we didn't have to wait in line.

"She the only girl in this whole school." Ron says slowly like I didn't know that.

"Unnoticed is impossible." Jake says laughing with Ron.

"I know but screaming my name makes me more noticed than I'd like." I say throwing a piece of egg at him.

"Let's get to class before you two start a food fight." Joey says standing up. I nod and follow his lead. He was my guide for the day.

"I have Spanish with you too." Chris says smiling broadly at me. Scotty waves goodbye to us as we go one day down the hall and he goes the opposite.

"Hola, Senorita Elizabeth Rivers." the Spanish teacher says to me as I walk into the door.

"Hola." I say smiling as he shakes my hand.

"There's a seat behind Joey and beside Chris." He says pointing to one empty seat. I nod and push Joey's head as I pass him to sit down. He reaches behind him and hits me on the head.

"Hey!" I complain pushing him away.

"Sorry, it was an accident." Joey says his eyes twinkling.

"Whatever, be quiet, Mr....whoever is talking." I whisper to him motioning to the teacher.

"Mr. Hughes." Joey says loudly and Mr. Hughes looks up at him. I blush but Joey looks directly at him and smiles.

"Joey? Did you need something?" Mr. Hughes asks nicely.

"Izzy needs a book." Joey says smiling and pointing at me.

"I see." Mr. Hughes says digging for a book. He hands it to me and gets back to his lesson on clothes.

Spanish and Math went by pretty fast. I was missing my old friends. As much as I loved the guys, who all smiled and hugged me when we passed in the halls; I wanted to see another girl's face. There were only guys here. Go figure huh? All my teachers so far had been guys too. Scotty runs into Joey and me when we were leaving Math. He grabs my arm and Joey waves bye as he pulls me down the hall. I laugh and try to get free but he doesn't let go. I didn't mind knowing that Scotty would not harm me, but I still wasn't sure if I liked being pulled around. If it had been anyone else, I would have freaked out and probably have gotten sick again.

"Here's government class." Scotty says smiling down at me. I smile and the teacher gives me a seat right next to Scotty and then starts his lesson. Every class was the same, boring. I would have a lot of work but no more than I used to.

Scotty leads me to English. This was going to be a fun class. I could tell that just by walking in the room. Joey, Jake, Chris, Ron, and Scotty were all in here. They all sat in a square with one empty seat in the middle. I prayed that it would become my seat. This could easily become my favorite class. The teacher, a guy again; comes in and assigns me the seat that I wanted. I grin hugely as I take my seat in the middle of the guys. Jake sat in front of me and Chris behind me. Joey and Scotty sat on each side and Ron sat diagonal beside Chris. Two other random guys took seats in our square; one beside Jake and the other on the other side of Chris. The seat to the left of Jake was open. No one came there, Mr. Hutto, our teacher; started his lesson and soon a guy busted the door open and I gasped when I saw who it was. Zack nodded to Mr. Hutto and took the seat beside Jake. He turned around and smirked at me.

"Zack, do you have a pass?" Mr. Hutto asks calmly shutting his door.

"Do I ever?" Zack says looking away from me. A few guys chuckled around the room and I see Joey roll his eyes.

"Detention." Hutto says and Zack's smirk seems to grow larger.

"They'll be glad to see me again." Zack says and that received a few more chuckles. I roll my eyes as he looks back at me and fixes his hair. I really don't like him.

When the bell rings I quickly let Scotty lead me to our next class, it was pretty much the same as the others. Except extremely easy; Scotty says we always watch movies so it should be a relaxing class. After Music Appreciation, Scotty leads me to Computer Apps and I see that this class will also be easy. Jake and Scotty sat on each side of me and our teacher was a complete pushover. By the time Jake lead me to Chemistry, I wanted to die. I was tired and my head felt like it was going to explode. Chemistry was only going to make it worse. I was horrible at science. I've always been horrible at it. I see Joey sitting in a seat waving at me with a big grin on his face. I instantly felt better at the sight of him, which made me want to beat my head on a desk. I should not be feeling like this.

"Hey Izzy." Joey says as I sit beside him.

"Hiya Joey." I say grinning at him before putting my head in my hands.

"Are you feeling sick again?" Joey says looking at me concerned.

"I just have a headache." I say smiling up but he didn't look convinced.

"Joey, I'm.....fine." I say slowly as I watch Zack come in the door. I follow him as he sits in front of me.

"He won't bother you. Mrs. Hutto won't put up with that." Joey whispers in my ear. Wait, Mrs. Hutto? Like a girl?

"Our teacher's a girl." I say kind of loud but with full excitement. Finally, another girl.

"Your teacher's a girl." A lady says and I turn around to see her smiling down at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader please!(: