Status: Comments makes chapters come quicker!

Movers & Shakers

Running Out of Luck

“James?” Lily called out as the wind rustled her hair. It was hard to see what was right in front of her. “James where are you? I skipped Transfiguration for you! You better come out!”

Lily stopped once she saw the whopping willow twitch. She read about what happened if you got to close, she didn’t want to experience it. She scanned the area hoping for something. James ran off before she could talk to him about anything. At first she assumed he was going to go after Michael, but that wasn’t the case. He ran off into the woods, and after what happened last time, she decided to call out from the forest enterence.

On the other side of the dangerous tree, a stag slowly crept out of the woods. Lily recognized the stag, she’d seen him many times before, but this was not the stag she knew. His eyes were droopy and his head only hung low. It looked as though each step took an enormous amount of effort.

“James come here and talk to me! Don’t run away, please!” Lily shouted from the opposite side.

James transformed back into his true appearance. He was no longer an animal of the woods, but a human wizard. His eyes were red. Lily had only seen him look so pale once before. James opened his mouth to speak, but rejected the idea. There was so much to talk about, but they were a whole tree apart.

“James-“

“Leave me alone. I just-“

“No!” Lily shouted and James looked up startled. He had almost forgotten the fire that burned inside her. “You come here right now! You need me… I know you do!”

James looked at Lily, and then at the tree. Carefully he walked around the tree. The whopping willow only swayed in the wind. He walked up to Lily and stared at her. James always joked and had fun; it was hard to tell he could be so easily hurt.

“Come here” She whispered to him and held him close. “He’ll be okay. Everything always works out.”

“You say that… but eventually there will be a time that luck wares out.”

*


“I can’t believe how cowardly he is!” Sydney exclaimed almost stabbing Bready with her fork.

Bready had never seen Sydney so mad. Owen who was sitting across from them agreed with everything that came out of her mouth. Everyone was so angry. Bready hated it. Anger only produced more anger. Vengeance passed from side to side, each claiming they were ‘righteous’.

Of course he thought that Michael, Felix and all their friends were terrible, but he would rather keep that to himself. Doing anything about it would cause more harm than good. Even so he listened to Sydney complain. He knew that even though she sounded vicious, Sydney was really kind and beautiful.

Bready watched as her eyes burned with passion and her lips spoke true thoughts. There was nothing fake about her. Her natural blonde hair fell past her shoulders and her thin glasses observed the world around her, almost hunting for the very thing she despises.

Owen was about to agree with something ridiculous about Michael irrelevant to the earlier events when it seemed as if the sound vanished from the humongous room. Remus walked down the aisle towards them.

“He’s awake”

*


Madam Pomfrey was overwhelmed by the commotion. A mob had formed trying to get inside to see one boy. You’d think he was royalty with the amount of students demanding his presence. Of course she was only going to allow one to pass. The students protested but eventually caved. The crowd split in half and James Potter walked through the doors to see his friend.

Everyone else sat outside, waiting. It wasn’t even five minutes until they heard roars of laughter coming from James and Sirius. Then it wasn’t long before Madam Pomfrey was dragging James through the doors.

“Kat you can go.” James stated still laughing.

“What about-” Kat looked at Remus and Peter.

“We can wait” Remus replied shoving Kat through the doorway.

She looked around to see beds lined up against the walls. Some were occupied by sleeping students, others irritated and uncomfortable students, and then she spotted the bed Sirius was propped up in. She approached him and smiled, and he smiled too.

“Are you okay?” Sirius asked running his fingers through his long hair. It sounded like he let out a big sigh.

“Am I okay? You’re the one in the bed!” Kat exclaimed but then realized her volume. “I should be asking you that.”

“He was aiming for you.”

“What?”

“Kat he was aiming for you. So are you okay?”

“Well” Kat hadn’t really thought about herself. She hadn’t had the chance. Between worrying about Sirius and being questioned about her brother, not much else was on her mind. “I guess-“

“Don’t guess”

“Fine then, I’m okay. It didn’t hit me. How did you know-“

“I hear things. Kat I think you should lay low you’ve been messing with a bad crowd.”

It was ironic hearing those words coming out of his mouth. Considering he’s been messing with most of those kids his whole life. It was different with her though. It always was. James was always allowed to roam free, but she was to be guarded and cherished.

“I can handle myself. Besides it’s not like I’m doing this on purpose. I’ve beat two snakes and battled in the grand hall. I’m not fragile.”

“I know you’re not- wait two snakes? Never mind” Sirius took a deep breath. “I know you’re not fragile it’s just… I don’t want to see you get hurt. You are Kitty Kat after all.”

Kat looked at Sirius. His eyes were dead serious, but his voice and lips were trying to smile. She didn’t like this. Things were changing. Things were getting bad. Hogwarts was no longer a castle to explore; it was a castle of caution. Soon it would be much more than the castle that would be in danger. Thankfully Dumbledore was headmaster; he wouldn’t let anything happen to the students.

“I’m not a little girl. Besides you know what’s happening. You’re in the Black family. It’s obvious you know bad things are happening and they’re about to get worse. Don’t try to tell me to ‘stay out of it’. I’m a pureblood too, and it won’t be long until James and me are called ‘blood traitors’ just like they call you. So don’t you dare tell me to lay low. I’m a Potter, that’s not in my blood.”

Kat looked around and felt the stray eyes of everyone in the room on her. Madam Pomfrey walked over, she said something about leaving but Kathrin didn’t listen.

“Don’t treat me like I can’t defend myself.” She called out.

Kat didn’t remember leaving the room. She felt like she just aparated there. Kat grabbed Rengine by the robes and pulled him along. Bready, Sydney and Owen followed at a distance, and when Melanie saw her in the hallway she joined the crowd. Kat saw Farley and grabbed him as well and pushed the group into the room of requirement.

“Everyone thinks I’m weak ! –I’m not”

“Kat we know you’re not weak-“

“Bready! I know I can trust you guys. That’s why we’re going to take things in our hands! Death Eaters are all over, but there is one weakness the adults haven’t thought of.” Kat explained. It didn’t look like the normal strong, fun, happy Kat, but instead an angry, scared Kat spoke using her body.

“What’s that supposed to be?” Rengine asked.

“Their children” Kat replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in a really long time. Well shit's about to hit the fan. So here you go.