Status: Comments makes chapters come quicker!

Movers & Shakers

Boys are Confusing

“How’s your arm?” Melanie asked as they walked along the lonely Hogsmeade path. There was a thin layer of snow that covered the autumn ground. The group strolled around just outside the village. They had just gone to Honeyduke’s and filled their pockets wit sweets.

“It’s much better. Although Madam Pomfrey was pretty mad I didn’t go to her first.” Kathrin replied thinking of the scar that stretched across her arm under her jacket.

“How did you hurt it again?” Bready asked sticking a candy bean in his mouth.

“Sirius went to show me a Quidditch move he saw, but before we got to the field I tripped on my brother’s cloak. A sharp rock stabbed me in the arm.” Kathrin knew lying was bad. She didn’t like lying to her friends, but there was nothing she could do. It was Remus’ secret, not that she wanted to tell them anyways. Rengine looked at her suspiciously before carrying on the conversation.

“So then Sirius tried to mend it?”

“What are you trying to say Rengine?” Kat asked glaring at the boy jokingly. She knew him enough to know when he’s pushing her buttons.

“Kathrin I’m in your Herbology and potions class-”

“Why does everyone make fun of my grades?”

“From what I’ve heard it’s only Herbology and potions.” Bready admitted popping another every flavor candy bean into his mouth. Seconds later Kathrin tried to bruise Brady’s shoulder, but instead he laughed at her pathetic attempt. As they walked, they joked about and talked about things teenagers with hormones talk about. They were about to go to the three broomsticks when the joking stopped.

“Well if it isn’t the five losers.” Michael laughed leaning against the wall. He glared at Melanie specifically.

“There’s four of us you dumb git. Can’t you count?” Melanie laughed.

“I don’t care.” Michael spit back. “You’re all still losers.”

“Stop embarrassing yourself Michael.” Felix said walking over to the group. “Kathrin may I ask you something?”

Felix always made Kathrin feel weird, and not in the ‘teenager’ way. He seemed unpredictable to her. Also he was quite dependent on his charm. It angered her that he’d charm her all the time, but he wouldn’t say a word to Melanie or Sydney, and she knew why. Felix seemed shallow to her.

“Alright, what is it?”

“I was hoping a more… private atmosphere.”

“Oh” replied Kat, “Let’s go somewhere more… private then.”

Felix grabbed her arm and linked it with his. A few people passing them gave them weird looks. It was well known throughout the whole school that James didn’t think very highly of Slytherin’s. Kathrin was hoping that James didn’t walk by. She mouthed sorry to her friends as she was being guided away. Kat didn’t want to go with Felix, but she couldn’t be mean to him without a reason. Besides, he just wanted to ask her something. Then she’d go back to her friends.

“Would you like to spend the day with me?”

“Wait” said Kathrin “You had to pull me away just to ask me that?”

“Well I wanted an honest answer. So what is it?”

“I guess we could” Kathrin looked around; she really didn’t want to continue, “Maybe hang out for a little while.”

“Splendid. Let’s go then!”

Felix dragged her all over Hogsmeade. He tried to get her to go in shops, but each time she said she’d rather not. Kat looked around trying to find some escape. When Felix realized she didn’t want to go in any stores, he took her to the shrieking shack.

They looked at the shack from a fence at a distance. He told her the story she heard a millions times; about how it was haunted and such. She listened and pretended to be creped out. If anything she was feeling scared because she knew what it was really for. Kathrin knew Remus would go there during the full moon. She couldn’t imagine what if would feel like to be put through something like that each month, and still be able to function. Remus had to live with the torture for years as well as the years to come. It wasn't fair to her, that someone as nice as him would be put through such misery.

Kathrin shivered a little and Felix put his arm around her. This all seemed so weird. She knew Felix was going to use her for something. It was getting a bit ridiculous that he hadn’t asked her what he wanted yet. Kathrin shrugged his arm away and turned to look at him.

“Look Felix-”

She didn’t have time to finish. Felix placed his hands below her ears and pulled her closer to him. He brought her body as close to his as possible. Kathrin didn’t realize what was happening at first. She was in shock. It wasn’t until she felt his hand slide up her back that she was brought back to reality. Kat tried to pull away, but it was hard because of how he was holding her. His hand brought her chest close to his, and he was much stronger than her.

“Hey!”

Felix let go. Kathrin took a good couple steps over while trying to catch her breath. She looked up to see Sirius and Remus walking down the path, with Peter tailing them. Sirius didn’t look very amused and Remus looked surprised more than anything. Peter had the same look he always had, the look he was just happy to be around.

“It doesn’t look like she’s all that interested in you.” Remus pointed out.

“I don’t think that’s any of your business is it?” Felix retorted. “Now if you wouldn’t mind-”

“No, I do mind.” Sirius interrupted. “You should get lost.”

Felix wasn’t used to being talked down to. The kids from the other houses were scared of him, and everyone in Kat’s grade just kind of dealt with him. Felix walked up to Sirius. They were pretty close in height; Sirius was just a bit taller. It wasn’t like Felix could insult his blood; the Blacks were a well-known pureblood family, even if Sirius didn’t want to be a part of them. Tension filled the air as the boys stared each other down. Sirius went to talk but Kathrin thought it was best to jump in.

“Oh I’m sorry Felix. I told Sirius I’d hang out with him earlier today.” Kathrin lied. “Maybe I can talk to you another time.”

Felix had a look of defeat, but quickly changed it to save face. “Yes well, promises are important. Until next time,” Felix grabbed Kathrin’s hand and kissed it before he walked away, “See you later.”

Sirius let out a sigh of annoyance. Kathrin blushed out of embarrassment. Remus laughed once Felix left, Peter joined in too. Sirius didn’t find it funny though. He found it far from funny.

“Wow, I didn’t expect that.” Remus snickered.

“Why were you with him?” Sirius asked crossing his arms like a disappointed parent.

“He asked me to hang out with him and before I had a chance to say no he dragged me away. It wasn’t that bad. It just wasn’t… voluntary.”

“Why didn’t you do something about it? You could’ve gotten out of it.” Sirius did not nearly take it as lightly as the others. Remus’ expression changed from humored, to concerned. He went to place his hand on Sirius’ shoulder.

“Sirius she probably didn’t want to be mean. Relax-“

“Well if it’s okay for her to let every boy in school take advantage of her because ‘she doesn’t want to be mean’ then I’m clearly in the wrong!” Sirius snapped before stomping off. Remus shrugged before tailing him and Peter just followed like a lost child.

“What’s wrong with boys?” Kathrin shouted to the heavens before falling on her back. Her legs were getting wet from the damp leaves and small bits of snow, but she stayed on the ground anyways. “They’re so confusing!” She said into her hands.

A couple minutes later Sydney found her. Sydney didn’t disturb her, but just accompanied her on the ground. Kat looked over and observed through her fingers. Sydney looked like herself. She had a pretty face, but stress was written all over it.

“Boys?” Kat asked.

“Boys suck!” Sydney exclaimed before turning to Kat. “Tyler’s a loser. I’m never going to Hogsmeade with him again.”

“We should just be together forever. Then boys wouldn’t bug us.”

“I agree!” Sydney waved her arms in the air. When she flopped them down she made the leaves rustle around them. The crisp fall air blew over the two girls as they stared at the sky. They were completely content just being there together. “Butterbeer?”

“Yep”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just got borderlands 2 so it make take a while for the next update.
The more comments the faster I'll update though.
Comments motivate me!