Fixated Lust

quatre

“Mum, I’m really not in the mood to talk right now.” I said, turning on my heel and staring over at my mother whose had her hands placed on her hips. I had just gotten back from Harry's flat and I just really wanted to be alone. My mum who had always been quite the looker, with blonde hair past her shoulders and a pair of bright blue eyes, huffed. Unfortunately, I didn't gain my looks from her side of the family; I took after my father with dark hair and a pair of dull green eyes.

“Jessica, this is important. Sit down.” I groaned, walking over and pushing myself onto the bar stool. I should've known it would be important; Mom didn't talk to me otherwise. “It's about your recent behavior.” I knitted my eyebrows, reaching over and grabbing an apple from the fruit tray.

“What about it?” I asked, biting into the crisp skin and chewing slowly. Dad emerged from his study, looking between me and mum before walking over and standing next to her. Okay, this was getting weird. I hadn't properly seen my dad in so long I had almost forgotten what he looked like. Now, he was standing in front of me, still looking as young as ever, with his lips pressed together in a tight line. “What's going on?” I asked, suddenly suspicious.

“It's out of control.” She began. I licked my lips, placing the apple on the counter and staring at them. “You come in at late hours of the night, usually stumbling drunk. You constantly reek of smoke and you spend all your time with that boy, Henry.”

“It's Harry, mum. Harry.” I seethed, standing up and resting my palms against the cool tile of the counter.

She waved me off, shooting a look over at my dad, “Either way, he's a bad influence and you shouldn't be around him.”

“I'm afraid that if you continue to hang around with him, you're going to have to leave.” My dad chirped in. Leave? As in, the house? I closed my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose. Were they really giving me an ultimatum right now? They were seriously trying to make me choose between my best friend and the parents that don't give a shit about me.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I spat, swinging my hand and sending the apple across the room and against the wall. My mother's mouth dropped and my father looked severely pissed. I had not once swore at my parents; I may not like them but I respect them enough to hold my tongue.

I laughed to myself and allowed a whispered 'fine' to fall out of my mouth before turning to walk out of the kitchen. “Where are you going?” My mother called, following me out. I turned to look at her, sending her a look of disbelief.

“Did you really expect me to choose you over Harry?” I asked. “You think I would, with you being my parents and all but long story short, Harry was there, you weren't.” I grabbed my shoes from off the floor and my jumper off the couch, not bothering to put either on before storming out the front door. “I'll be back for my stuff later.” I called out, not really caring if they heard me or not.

Once I got to Harry's flat, I fished my keys out of my pocket, easily finding his and shoving it into the lock. As soon as I was inside, I dropped my things and fell onto the couch, burying my face into the cushion and screaming. Hearing Harry's ringtone echoing from my phone, I tried my best to put myself back together before answering it.

“Hey, Harry.” I smiled, holding the phone tightly to my ear. I wiped at my wet cheeks and laughed to myself; Of course Harry would call as soon as something bad happens. It's like he knows.

“Hey. Our plane was delayed, so we're stuck at the airport for the next few hours.” He said. When I didn't immediately reply, Harry's protective older brother instincts kicked in. “Are you okay?”

“As okay as one can be when they've just been kicked out of their house.” I replied, sitting up and crossing my legs indian style on the couch. There was no point in beating around the bush; Harry would figure it out eventually anyways.

“They kicked you out?!” Harry practically yelled. I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. “That's completely ridiculous.”

“It's no big deal really. I 'll just stay in your flat until you get back and then, I’ll find my own.” The other end of the line was quiet, like someone was covering the mouthpiece with their hand.

“How fast can you be ready?” Harry asked, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

“What are you talking about?” I retorted. Pushing myself off of the couch, I walked into the kitchen, pulling a bottle of water out of the fridge. I cracked open the top, letting the cool liquid swim down my throat.

“Well, I’m not going to let you stay there alone and you're coming out to America in two weeks anyways.” Harry started. I smiled, knowing exactly where he was going with this.

“Harry Styles, are you asking me to come on tour with you?” I grinned cheekily, leaning up against the counter. Harry laughed and I just knew he was pushing his hands through his curly locks.

“Don't flatter yourself too much.” He replied, a laugh echoing through the phone from one of the other boys. “I'm only doing this because you're homeless.”

“I'll be there in an hour, Styles.” I said. “And be prepared to get your ass kicked for calling me homeless.” Both Harry and I laughed before we hung up. I hastily slipped my shoes onto my feet, grabbing my jumper and making my way back to my old home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I like this chapter! Hope you do too! :) x