Fixated Lust

six

“Eleanor, you're the one that ended things.” Louis whispered harshly into the phone. He fisted his hand through his hair, glancing around to make sure no one was listening. It had only been a two days since Eleanor broke up with him and she was already ringing him, crying hysterics into the phone. He was thinking about taking her back but she obviously had her reasons for breaking up with him. That and what Jessica said earlier had stuck with him. Maybe he was better off. “Maybe this is the way it's supposed to be.”

“Lou.” At the sound of his name, Louis sighed and without even saying goodbye, ended the call and shoved the phone back into his pocket. “Who were chatting with?” Zayn questioned, clapping him on the back. He shrugged; they really didn't need to know that he and Eleanor were over.

“Where is everyone?” Louis asked. Zayn simply shrugged; it was weird that they were the first two ready. Usually they were last. After another 15 minutes of waiting, everyone was finally downstairs, even Harry and Jessica who were just now walking off the lift.

And then, without even realizing it, Louis was staring. His eyes were locked tightly on the girl in the black dress; she was stunning. Her naturally tan skin was shining from beneath the fabric, one arm completely covered by a long sleeve, the other with no sleeve at all. Her legs looked fantastic paired with the white stilettos that covered her feet. Her hair, which was usually a mess, was curled to perfection and flowing behind her.

“Close your mouth, Lou. You're drooling.” Liam whispered, nudging Louis in his ribs. Louis shook himself out of the daze, looking down at his shoes with a blush on his face.

“Oi, Jess, I think you left part of your dress up in your room.” Niall laughed. Jessica looked over, her tongue dancing over her slightly chapped lips, and lifted her hand, giving him the finger. “Such a bad sign. Do I need to tell Paul you're not behaving?”

“Oh, sod off, blondie.” She recoiled, flicking the boy in his forehead before straightening out her dress and looking over to Louis. “Alright, Louis?” She asked. He looked up, hoping the blush had disappeared from his face and nodded.

After a bit of standing around and just chatting with everyone, Paul finally managed to get the group of teens into the in-hotel restaurant and settled down at their table.

“What are you going to order?” Jessica asked, not looking up from the menu she was scanning over but aiming her question at the older boy next to her.

“Chicken alfredo, I suppose.” Harry replied, putting his menu back down. After everyone had decided on their food, they ordered and soon enough, were enjoying their meals with smiles on their faces.

Suddenly, Harry was standing up, his hand linked with Jessica's as he pulled her over to the small dancefloor. The house band continued the smooth jazz from earlier, causing the dancing teens to step closer together and move in sync. Louis watched as Jessica smiled up at his best friend. He was staring again and he knew it but couldn't bear to tear his eyes away from her.

“When's he going to tell her?” Zayn asked taking another bite of his spaghetti, also watching Harry and Jessica spin around the dancefloor. Everyone else looked toward Louis, waiting for him to answer the question but he was too focused on the happy girl on the opposite side of the room to answer. What was going on with him? He had never had these feelings before, not even with Eleanor. His heart was racing, his stomach was tied in a knot and his palms were becoming sweatier and sweatier by the minute.

“Earth to Lou. You alright, mate?” Liam asked.

“Yeah. Yeah, i'm fine.” He said, smiling over at his friend. He pushed the lasagna around on his plate, taking a bite and chewing slowly. “I don't know when he's going to tell her.” He shrugged, swallowing down the food.

“Well, he needs to get on it before someone else sweeps her up. I mean, he's been in love with her for years now.” Niall commented. Louis nodding, suddenly overcome with guilt because of the way he was feeling about her earlier. He knew Harry was in love with Jessica and yet, here he was, falling over her smile with butterflies in his stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Hopefully this chapter will give you a better look at why Harry was staring at Jessica's neck. Tell me what you think!