Sequel: Wanted You More
Status: Being written :)

Next To Me

Thirteen

Nicole:

It's been a few months since Mason started school and everything has been going great. Today was one of those days where Mason didn't have school because the teachers had meetings. Mason and I were at Taylor's while he was at practice. I didn't really know what to do with Mason, normally I go to Taylor's practice or sleep in while he is at school. He and I were playing with cars and watching cartoons. I know Mason would have loved to have Taylor here as well, but he had practice. Taylor had just gotten back from a road trip to Ottawa last night and we didn't get to see him yet. While Mason and I were playing, there was a knock at the door. I didn't know who it could be, maybe there was a package in the mail for Taylor or something. I opened the door and there was a girl standing in the doorway. "Um, hi is Taylor here?" She looked into the apartment and then back at me. "No, he isn't, sorry." "Oh, well could you give him this please? I forgot to give it to him on Saturday." Saturday? Taylor was in Ottawa on Saturday. "Um, sure. You saw him in Ottawa?" "Yeah, he was out with his teammates and we saw each other there and started hanging out and stuff." She flashed me a smile and I gave her a faint smile back.

"Um, sure I will give him this for you." "Thanks!" She turned around and left. I opened up the folded piece of paper she had given me. I read the name that was scrawled on the paper along with a number, Alyssa. Millions of thoughts were running through my head about who she could have been and why she was giving Taylor her number. "Hey Mase, go get your shoes on." He looked at me confused. "Where are we going?" "You are going to your dad's house for a little while." I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Beau to make sure he would be okay, he replied yes. Mason ran and grabbed his shoes and put them on. "I'm ready!" "Let's go." We walked out to the car and I drove him to his dad's house. Beau was working outside when we got there. I took Mason out of the car and he ran over. "Dad!" "Hey buddy!" Beau picked him up and gave him a kiss. "So how long did you need me to watch him?" "About an hour. I will text you." "Okay sounds good. Mase go grab your rake and you can help me." Mason ran in the garage to grab his plastic rake. "You okay?" "No, some girl just came to Taylor's asking for him. She left her number for him too." "I'm sure it's not bad, Taylor loves you Nicole." "Beau, she was out with him while he was in Ottawa last weekend." "Well, what are you gonna do if it is bad news?" "Go home, like Vancouver home."

"Well, I would hate to be away from him, but you're his mother and if you feel it's what is right, I respect your decision." "Thank you." I gave Beau a hug then kissed Mason goodbye. I was afraid of how my talk with Taylor was going to go. I have a good feeling he wasn't going to have anything good to say, but I'd rather him tell me the truth, then lie to me. I got inside and started packing up my things along with Mason's that we kept here. I heard the door and walked into the living room. "Hey!" "Hi, how was practice?" "You know same drills, different day. Where's Mase?" "With Beau." Taylor walked over and went to give me a kiss but I turned my head. "Is everything okay?" He cautiously stepped back and looked at me confused. "We need to talk." He sat on the arm of the couch. "About?" I grabbed the piece of paper form earlier and held it up. "Who is Alyssa?" I looked at him and he rubbed his neck. "Nicole." "Just tell me the truth, no matter how bad it may be, it's better then lying to me." "She came here?" "While you were at practice." "Last weekend, in Ottawa, she was there." "I know that part already. Is she an old friend or something?" "Sort of."

He got up and took his duffel bag into his room. "Taylor, please just tell me. Did you guys date? Hook up?" "We used to date. I saw her last weekend and I didn't know what to do. She came over to me and we started talking and." He looked to the floor. "You still have feelings for her." "Yeah." "I know you guys didn't just talk, you be acting like this if you did." "What do you want me to say? I know that you already know or you at least have a good idea." "I already know, I figured it out myself, but I just want you to admit it, instead of trying to avoid it. She came her and left her number for you, you can't avoid that." "Fine, I slept with her. That's what you want me to say? As much as you know it kills me right now to admit it. I fucked up." "I know, I know you messed up, but you made the decision that night. Nothing can change that." I left his room and grabbed the suitcases with my and Mason's things and took them into the living room. Taylor walked in with tears on his face. "What are you doing?" "Taylor, I left one relationship because of things like this, I can't deal with another one." "Where are you going?" "Home." "Like, ten minutes away home?" I looked down and I felt the tears coming. "More like Vancouver home."

"Nicole, I admitted I was wrong, please you can't just leave." "I'm sorry, but I gave Beau so many second chances, I can't go through something like that again." I walked over and rested my forehead against his and looked him in the eyes. "I love you, I always will. But I can't let myself go through another relationship like I did with Beau." "You can't go, what about Mase?" "He is going to have to deal with it just like I will." "Will I ever see you guys again?" "I don't know Taylor, I can't think about that right now." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and took the suitcases out to the car. I sat there and cried for a few minutes before leaving to get Mason. Going back to Vancouver is going to be hard, but I can't let myself get involved in another relationship similar to the one I had with Beau. I never thought Taylor would be that kind of guy, but I guess it really takes time to get to know someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, I have had a serious case of writers block for this story, but I felt it was time for some drama, so here it is. I don't think I'm done with this story yet so there is still time for them to work things out. Comments please??? I know I have made you wait, but I really want to get back into writing this story. I like it too much to avoid it anymore.