Sequel: Wanted You More
Status: Being written :)

Next To Me

Four

Nicole:

The game was sold out and the crowd was definitely excited. Tonight the oilers were playing Montreal so it should be a good game. Mason was super excited to see Taylor play, and I was too. Our seats were right behind the bench, which was cool for Mason to get to see Taylor and his teammates up close, but I wasn't really okay with all the swearing, I didn't want Mason to start saying anything because he heard Taylor say it. About five minutes into the first the oilers were up one nothing. When they scored Mason was jumping up and down screaming. He was into so much more then I was. Although, when the announcer said Taylor got an assist I had to cheer loud with Mase.

There was a bit of fear watching, I was afraid that Taylor might get hurt or something. Mason kept reassuring me that Taylor was strong and he could fight through anything. Mason really liked Taylor and he definitely liked being at his game. I think I could get used to this, going to lunch with Taylor after practices and then going to his games at night. Mase could probably get used to it too. The game was eventually over and Edmonton won three to one. Taylor had a goal and an assist. We waited outside the locker room for Taylor to get undressed. Jordan got done before Taylor and he came over and talked to us. "So, what did you think Mason? Pretty cool huh?" "It was really cool! You played good." "Thanks buddy." He laughed and messed with Mason's hair. "What did you think Nicole?" "It was a great game, although I was so worried Taylor was gonna get hurt." "You weren't thinking about me getting hurt?" "Of course I was worried for you too." "Yeah right." We laughed. "i will see you guys tomorrow?" "Maybe, bye." "Bye. See ya Mason!" "Bye Ebly!"

A few minutes later Taylor came out of the locker room, he was smiling and looking adorable. "Tayla!" Mason went running up to him. "What's up Mase?" Taylor picked him up and gave him a hug. "Did you like the game?" "You were really really good." "Thanks buddy." He walked over to me and I gave him a kiss. "So, how did you like the game." "It was great, but I was worried about you getting hurt." "Don't worry, my teammates wouldn't let anything bad happen to me." "They better not, or I will be ready to punch some guys in the face." He laughed as we walked out to the car. Taylor put Mason in his car seat and we were ready to go. "Oh and since Mason and I sit behind the bench, try to keep the swearing to a minimum, I don't want him learning any new words from you." "Hey, what do you want me to do? Say, please sir i would appreciate it if you didn't slash me and hit me hard like that when the ref isn't looking?" "Yeah, that would be fine." "Now that is gonna make my own teammates punch me in the face." We both were laughing.

"Well, just try to keep it quite then." "I will do my best." "Thanks." We got home and Mason was knocked out in the back seat. I turned back and laughed. "Looks like someone was tired." Taylor got him out of his seat and we took him inside. I went in my room and changed while Taylor took Mason into his room and put him is his bed. I went into the kitchen and got a Gatorade out of the fridge. Taylor came in a few minutes later and collapsed on the counter. "What's wrong babe? You tired?" I wrapped my arms around his waist. "No." "What is it?" he turned to face me and I gave him a concerned look. "I wanted to play cars with Mason, but he is sleeping." I laughed at him and he just pouted. "I'm sorry, but he could use the sleep. I will play cars with you if you want." He smiled at me. "Really?" "Of course!" "Okay let's go then." He grabbed the crate of cars and we sat on the floor and started playing with Mason's cars.

"You weren't kidding when you said you are a kid at heart." He was laying on the floor smiling at me. "I'm not a liar." We both laughed. "Hey Nicole, can I ask you something?" "Sure." I was pushing a car around the floor, but I could tell Taylor was being serious. "What do you want for Mason? Like what are your hopes for him?" I was surprised he asked me that question, I never really thought a guy would ask me that. "Well, I just want him to be happy and healthy. And I will do whatever I have to as a mother to make that happen. Whether I am living in this apartment or a run down apartment. As long as my son is healthy, I can put food on the table, and he has a place to live and sleep. I will be happy. And maybe I will have someone there to help me and maybe I won't, but even if I don't that isn't going to stop me. I have to be strong for Mason because if I'm not, who else is going to be?"

He sat up and smiled at me. "What?" "I just, I love how much you love your son and how you will do anything for him." "I really do love him. So much." "I just feel bad that he doesn't have anyone else that cares like you do." "That's not true Taylor." He looked at me confused. "He has you." He smiled at me and I leaned over and kissed him. "Whether Mason has a father in his life or not, I know you will always be there for him." "I will." I smiled and Taylor did too. Taylor went in to check on Mason and I was looking at a few texts on my phone. One was from Mason's father, he was asking about seeing him soon. It has been awhile since he has seen Mason, but I don't want to confuse Mason with him having two guys in his life. I definitely want him to always have some type of contact and communication with his father, but I don't want him at some point thinking that Taylor is his dad because of how much he is around and his real father isn't. Hopefully Taylor will help me figure this whole situation out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update, I am going to start the next chapter. I hope to have it up in a little bit. Comments please? Thanks. I also want to say thank you again for another recommendation, so Thank You to Ladyfiaran!!!