Status: Completed! :D

Fight for You

10

I walked out of my bathroom in sweatpants and a tank top to see Harry sitting on my bed with his head in his hands. His head instantly snapped in my direction the moment I walked out of the bathroom. I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do. He stood up and walked over to me and I suddenly became self-conscious about how red and puffy my eyes must have looked from my little cry session in the shower. Harry slowly raised his hand and wiped away a few stray tears that were threatening to fall, being careful of my slightly bruised cheek bone.

“Thank you,” I whispered to him. He only frowned at me before replying.

“I should’ve stopped him from hitting you. You shouldn’t have come between us.” He said eyes narrowing towards me.

“Neither of us knew what he was going to do,” I replied.

“I should have protected you better though.”

“It’s okay Harry, it’s not like you are my boyfriend or anything,” I said pulling away as his face formed a slightly hurt expression. I walked over towards my mirror to inspect the bruise more. I could see Harry watching me through the mirror and it made me slightly uncomfortable.

“I’m fine now, you can stop being so chivalrous and go,” I mumbled turning towards him.

“I don’t want to go,” he stated taking a step closer to me.

“What do you mean?” I asked trying not to stutter as the butterflies erupted in my stomach every time he took a step closer.

“I. Do. Not. Want. To. Go,” He said emphasising every word. “I meant what I said in the club, I really do like you,” He whispered to me as his forehead touched mine.

“Hey Skye, are you o...” Casey trailed off after seeing how close we were standing. I moved away from Harry as he closed his eyes in slight frustration. “I’ll um just leave.” Casey quickly shut the door behind her as I turned to look at Harry who started to walk towards me again.

“Wait, I can’t do this right now. I’m still half drunk and tired as fuck. I just got slapped at a club by my ex boyfriend of two years. To top it all off I really like you too but I can barely think when you’re around me let alone when you stand so close,” I said gesturing towards the distance that was once again slowly closing between us, he merely smirked. “But, I can’t do this right now. I’m too messed up and pretty soon you’re going to be leaving and I won’t be some one night stand you had in Australia. I’m not that type of girl.” His smirk dropped after what I said.

“What makes you thing that I will just use you and leave?”

“Please Harry I’ve seen the magazines, you’re a playboy. You’re constantly at clubs and leaving with a different girl every night.”

“Maybe you’re different.”

“Oh please, do you tell all the girls that!” I snapped at him. Instantly his beautiful green eyes hardened at my words making me feel slightly guilty for snapping. I wanted to apologise, but I was stubborn and I was slightly angry at myself for falling for Harry so stupidly.

“I can prove to you that I’m not,” Harry said frustration evident in his voice as he tried to stay calm.

“We barely even know each other!” I almost yelled at him. I was exhausted and just wanted sleep.

“Fine, I will pick you up tomorrow morning and we will spend the whole day together just us two,” He suddenly said his eyes lighting up before closing the distance between us. He hesitated for a slight second before quickly pressing his lips to my cheek and then he was gone from my room. I stumbled blindly to the bed just wanting this night to be over.

-

“Skye, Skye, Skye,” Someone’s annoying voice was singing my name from above me. I grumpily pulled my pillow over my head and smashed my face into the bed only to receive a sharp pain.

“Ouch,” I screamed suddenly jumping up and gingerly touching my face. Casey smiled at me sadly before handing me water and aspirin to cure the alcohol induced headache. I quickly swallowed them down.

“How bad do I look?” I asked Casey as she winced.

“Kind of bad, but we should be able to hide it with a bit of make up,” she replied hopefully. I just grumbled before getting out of bed and going for a shower not bothering to check my face in the mirror.

I headed downstairs afterwards and straight to the kitchen. I was starved and I could smell pancakes. I practically ran into the kitchen to see that Paige and Casey were not alone; Harry was sitting at the counter too. I stopped in my tracks suddenly and stared at his back. He turned and smiled once he saw me. I suddenly felt self conscious about the bruise, I should have checked to see how bad it was before I walked down here. I mumbled a hello before heading straight for the coffee. I really couldn’t function without my coffee.

Harry said nothing about what he was doing here throughout breakfast and merely just chatted and laughed with us as I ate and watched him suspiciously. The moment I was finished he turned to me.

“Well go get ready; I’ve got a whole day planned out. Remember I told you we would be hanging out today, just the two of us.” He explained when my face showed signs of confusion. I grumpily headed upstairs and got changed with Casey helping me with my make up before I headed back down and met Harry at the door.

“Lets go,” He smiled at me and grabbed me hand to pull me out of the door. He opened his rental car door for me and smiled as I just jumped in the car.

“Not a morning person huh?” he laughed at me and started the car.

“Where are we going?” I asked, curiosity getting the better of my morning mood.

“Casey and Paige gave me a few ideas,” He winked at me. Before long we pulled up in a car park at the place where I took Danielle and Eleanor for lunch when we first hung out. Today there were more markets then normal and many more people. I couldn’t help but smile, I loved the markets, and I loved home made things. I glanced at Harry to see him slip a light grey beanie over his head of curls and black tinted glasses over his sparkling green eyes. I laughed at his attempt at camouflage. He smiled before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the crowds of people wandering around the markets.

We spent a fair bit of the morning walking around and looking at all the markets. We tried on goofy sunglasses and hats; we watched the street performers as Harry sweetly gave them generous tips. We wandered around the food stalls trying and buying many things. Harry bought a fair bit for Niall. I bought a few pieces of clothing and jewellery.

“Ugh, can we sit down,” I whined leaning against Harry as he laughed; I was absolutely exhausted from all the walking.

“How about we get a bite to eat?” He suggested as I nodded eagerly. I lead him over to my favourite cafe and we sat down and ordered.

“So what’s your favourite colour?” He asked suddenly making me look at him strangely. “You said we didn’t know each other very well. So answer my question.”

“Yeah but that’s a stupid question,” I started to say before he gave me a look. I sighed before saying “Red,” Making him smile. We continued like that for a bit, such as what’s your favourite animal, favourite movie, favourite book and so on. By the time we finished that we had almost eaten all of our food.

“What happened to your parents?” Harry suddenly asked looking at me intensely. “El and Dani already told us that they had passed away.” He added quietly. I sighed assuming that the girls had since none of the boys had asked me about my family.

“They died in a car crash when I was 6. We were on our way home from the beach, and I was completely worn out. I’ve always loved the beach and that day I had gone absolutely psycho and probably ran around the whole time we were there. I remember slowly falling asleep in the back and my parents singing softly to the radio as I dozed off. The next thing I knew I was awake in a hospital. I found out they had lost control of the car and hit a tree, my mother had instantly flown through the window and died on impact. My father however died later on in hospital from brain injuries. I was sent off to live with my only living grandparents as both of my parents were only children so I had no Aunts or Uncles. I lived with my grandparents for ten years and it was great I loved them. But eventually my grandpa got lung cancer and he died, not long after that my grandmother died as well. It’s like she couldn’t live without him. I was only 16. So after that I wasn’t allowed to have any money that my parents or grandparents had left over until I was 18 including the house and cafe. So Casey’s parents said I could stay with them until I was 18.” I told him everything not really wanting to keep secrets from him.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered reaching over and grabbing my hand. This boy had no idea that he was making me fall for him harder and harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because of all the lovely comments and new subscribers I thought I would do an extra update today. Enjoy! :)