Just A Daydream Away

What's Wrong With Guy Friends?

I wake up around 10 the next day. I check Ashley's room to find she is still passed out. We normally get up around nine to go to the gym but she wasn't up. I really didn't want to go by myself so I just decided to run to Starbucks. I knew Ashley would be on my ass about how bad it is but hey it's okay to treat yourself every once and a while.

I get to Starbucks and it is packed. I don't come to Starbucks often but this seems odd. While waiting in line some guy bumped into me.

"Hey, sorry." He said with a smile.

"It's all good." I smile back.

He was in a black zip up hoodie with skinny jeans. He was pretty tall, well compared to me who is five. We both just looked at eachother for a second. His eyes were really intense.

"I'm Jack. What's your name?"

"Taylor."

Next thing I know I hear my name being called to get my drink. Without even thinking I went and got my drink. I see a hand reaching for another drink. It was his.

"Are you from here?" He asked.

"No I just recently moved here from Mass."

"Why did you move all the way down here?"

"Well my best friend and I got our dream jobs here in Baltimore. We also just wanted a change in scenery. "

"That's cool. Maybe I could give you a tour or something."

"Sure! That would be great." I smile.

He smiles back. "Yeah, you can just text me or something and we can meet up." He gives me his number.

"Sounds like a plan. Nice meeting you Jack." I walk out of Starbucks with his number added to my phone in exchange for mine.

I finished my drink before I got home. I grab a plastic bag and trow the drink in it. I then threw it in the trash. She would never know. Ashley walks out of the bath room and sits in one of the chairs at the table.

"Did you go to the gym?"

"Nope. Do I look like I went to the gym?" I say looking down at my skinny jeans and over sized tee.

"You could have changed. So guess what happened to me last night?"

"What?"

"I had a patient who had a concussion. He was kind of really hot and I got his number."

"Ow ow go you Ash! I got some guys number too."

"At the hospital? Weird."

"No I just went to- for a walk and he bumped into me. His name is Jack and he is every good looking as well."

"Did you and Liam break up and you didn't tell me?"

Shit. I forgot about him. Ashley hates Liam. She thinks I could do better but I disagree. He is good to me and that's all that matters.

"He is coming here in like nine days so yeah we are still together."

"Oh." She didn't sound thrilled.

"What?"

"Nothing, you just seem to really like this Jack guy."

"We just met and I have a boyfriend. What's wrong with guy friends?"
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you guys like it so far!
please comment & let us know what you think :)