Just A Daydream Away

Tell Me Something I Don't Know

Taylor watched me as I ran around the apartment, frantically searching box after box for my favorite pair of boots. I had called Alex on Friday and he asked if I wanted to go out to lunch with him today. I was totally calm and cool until it came down to getting ready for the first date I've had in nearly four years. I had just finished my make up when my phone buzzed with a new text from Alex. He said he was at Panera waiting for me. I ran around, throwing things into my bag and fixing my hair one last time. I was about to just give up and wear sneakers when Taylor walks into my room

“Found them!” She announced proudly, a big smile on her face. I jumped off my bed and tackled her, quickly putting my boots on and grabbing my house keys.

“You’re amazing, Taylor!” I shouted as I ran out the door.

“Tell me something I don’t know!” She shouted back.

I ran down the stairs and out through the front lobby, going onto the street. Alex wanted to walk around Baltimore a bit so I didn't grab my car. I was practically knocking people out of my way like a linebacker on the Ravens. After five minutes, I was standing in front of Panera Bread. I took out my compact and checked my face, making sure I wasn't too red in the face. I sucked in a deep breath and looked through one of the large windows. The second I saw him, I wanted to run and hide in my apartment. Damn, he looks good. He had a black beanie covering his brown hair with a black and white plaid shirt. I worked up my courage and walked into the café. I slowly walked in his direction, making sure I wasn't going to trip or make myself look stupid. He looked up, his eyes meeting mine, and he smiled. What was that? I think my heart just stopped.

“Hey, you came!” He said, standing up with an even bigger smile on his face.

“Why wouldn’t I?” I asked, smiling a little now that he was right in front of me.

“I don’t know….just thought maybe you weren’t gonna show.” He shrugged, looking at his shoes.

“Well, I’m here.” I said, laughing a little. He laughed as well and pushed his hands in his pockets. He went up to order our food and I sat, quickly texting Taylor about how much I was freaking out. She told me to get over it. Thanks, Taylor.

Alex came back a couple minutes later and smiled at me. Now, here’s the thing, having not been on a date in forever, eating in front of a guy scares the living shit out of me. Alex was smiling at me as he ate slowly. I did the same, having an internal freak out. If things didn’t go well, at least I knew my eating was some of the problem. But Alex didn’t seem to care much. Once I asked him about the band, he just kept talking. This was a saving grace for me, because I’m pretty sure I would have said something stupid, probably along the lines of ‘I like tuna’. I also got to notice little things about him while he talked, like how his eyes smiled before his mouth did. Speaking of eyes, his were beautiful, a perfect shade of brown. Something you just can’t describe easily.

“So, I’ve been talking way too much. How’s work for you? Get any more sexy musicians in your ER?” He said with a huge smirk on his face.

“Nah, I just get the usual sick people.” I said, smiling back at him.

“Good. Don’t want any competition with such a beautiful lady at stake.” He said, making me blush.

“Do you wanna come back to my apartment?” I asked. He raised an eyebrow and smirked. “To meet my roommate!”

“Ah. I have to get the approval, right?” he said as we got up and headed out.

“Of course!” I teased, making him smile. So far, so good!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been so long, guys!
We're both in college so it's a little difficult being so far away from each other.
We usually bounce ideas off each other so yeah.
I promise we'll try to update more!

Ashley

Make sure to comment girls/guys :D